IGNORED

Lexaunculpt

Listening to "The blurring of trees" and it comes to my mind, that Alex Grahams output was just breathtaking. Especially this album. He paid so much attention to every detail, and most importantly, he composed music. I mean, not just noise and effects, but melody. Oh how I love Oddrey Merged and Le Elancholia!

Where is this guy? No more music? Is anything known? BTW I think, planet µ wasn't really the right label for his rather Autechre'esque music.

BTW, whats his output except the blurring of trees, (which I have on CD)? On my hd I find "Tour CDR", "Your choroid coat" and "Oh Here's some noises", all in <192kbps mp3 cbr quality.

Thanks for the reminder, I've got that Squadron CD (in my basement) :)

Tour CD-R: Who knows the details? I've got six tracks here, the first one is gorgeous. Length as reported here: http://musica.mysofa.es/disco/tour_cd_r

But Discogs.com tells us about 15 tracks. http://www.discogs.com/Lexaunculpt-Tour-CDR/release/894926

Who's right?

Was there audio on it or just mp3s? I've got 160kbps files.

Reading this thread makes me want to listen to his stuff (never heard anything other than the Samus track). It also reminds me of how OOO hasn't done anything for a long time.

Reading this thread makes me want to listen to his stuff (never heard anything other than the Samus track).

Well if you don't know The Blurring of Trees and will listen to it for the first time, it's safe to assume you're a lucky man. This is an album full of love for every detail. The beeps in "Le Elancholia" for instance. 'nuff said.

Probably starved out on the whole process of trying to live on IDM. He's probably at some IT job along with Proem and other M3rck castaways

Proem is actually a freelance web-designer.

Also I just found this out about Lexaunculpt, not sure if it's true.

he teaches music at my high school, canyon high school in anaheim and he also teaches college classes at Santa Ana College

Take that as you will

yes he does still compose, infact hes releasing a new album soon. but he is giving up on the electronic music and going in a new dircetion.

:sad:

yes he does still compose, infact hes releasing a new album soon. but he is giving up on the electronic music and going in a new dircetion.

:sad:

Where's this quote from?

Guest ZeroHour

the quote is from this youtube vid

"idk if ive already replied to u. but he teaches at my high school (Canyon High school in Anaheim CA) and he also is a professor at Santa Ana College. and yes he does still compose, infact hes releasing a new album soon. but he is giving up on the electronic music and going in a new dircetion."

im a fucking mint detective

Guest ZeroHour

id trust bambi

the topic about "some shit Saaink" he/she posted: Yeah, this is coming out on Rephlex, or so I heard.

check rephlex

he/she made this prediction july 29th

HI RICHARD

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

so I just found out lexaunculpt collaborated with brad laner (electric company) for some album under the name internal tulips on mu.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaat why isn't everyone freaking out?!

tulipsphoto.jpg

Lexaunculpt has a thing for crickets.

The album is pretty cool. It's really slow and all the songs have this really airy feel to them. It's a neat album, but not exactly close to Lexauculpt's IDM, but you can tell there's still some of that stuff there (especially if you listen to "The Tuning of Miniature Modems"). They all have a sort of feel that can be described as rock influenced, I suppose, though it doesn't follow the mold of that description. They all sound like something that could be played in a movie while the main character walks down a dirt road through a field on a sunny day with a wind breeze going about 10 miles per hour ESE while he looks around observantly, watching birds, pondering the future and past, and whimsically cracking a smile at something nostalgic.

Here's stuff from the Planet-Mu site too.

http://www.planet.mu/reviews/ZIQ266

Archived