IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

I think Fredd E already mentioned this but if this leak has some oddities , adding up the lengths of 2 x ilanders and 1 x ress we get 16:16 but known(1) on this starts at 15:35 , are we missing 45 seconds of ilanders or off known(1) ?

not exactly

thats what im trying to figure out now on 4th listen

edit: i'm timing known(1) myself right now to see how long it is since it's the only one without a length

i definitely think this is Autechre, there is just something strange about the leak, one of the most obvious aspects is that ilanders repeats.

Edited by Awepittance

not exactly

well because this is one mp4 then perhaps it won't match up exactly, but is it about the same... cause I find it would be improbable for someones fake to coincidentally match the final song lengths

Edited by karmakramer

ok so on this leak we have

r ess (5:12)

ilanders x 2 (11:04 i take back what i said above this is exactly equal to 5:32 x 2 )

known(1) (4:37)

pt2ph8 (4:09)

qplay (4:38)

see on see (4:37 fades in fully about 5 seconds too early before the time says it should start, sounds suspect )

Treale (6:05 hmm i don't think im doing this right ill let someone else give it a try )

os veix3 (4:37)

O=0 (4:52)

d-sho qub (6:26)

st epreo (1:43)

redfall (3:48)

krYlon (6:08)

Edited by Awepittance

not exactly

well because this is one mp4 then perhaps it won't match up exactly, but is it about the same... cause I find it would be improbable for someones fake to coincidentally match the final song lengths

not if you render a track then manually speed it up/slow it down to fit the right time. does it sound like this has happened? also another trick would be to leave silences at the end of tracks.

nothing sounds sped up or slow'd down to me, and the album kind of flows with no silence... it seems promo-ish in how its put together imo

i can see why people are pissed, cause some songs are quite simple, but I think what we'll find to be most impressive is the detail in it, which we won't really hear until we get wavs. i'm really diggin this a lot though

i subtracted from the total time of this leak 1:14:52 all of those track times above and i came up with 6:56 of missing material either that or something is odd with way this was ripped

that is strange,

did someone count the tracks on this leak to see if there is an equal number?

someone should also send a last.fm message to that magazine dude who has it scrobbled and see if he would confirm or deny the leak... i;ll do it if someone links his profile

Edited by karmakramer

ok so on this leak we have

r ess (5:12)

ilanders x 2 (11:04 i take back what i said above this is exactly equal to 5:32 x 2 )

known(1) (4:37)

pt2ph8 (4:09)

qplay (4:38)

see on see (4:37 fades in fully about 5 seconds too early before the time says it should start, sounds suspect )

Treale (6:05 hmm i don't think im doing this right ill let someone else give it a try )

os veix3 (4:37)

O=0 (4:52)

d-sho qub (6:26)

st epreo (1:43)

redfall (3:48)

krYlon (6:08)

where is Yuop?

Guest Greg Reason
it seems promo-ish in how its put together imo

Promos are generally the finished albums, identical to release versions. I write for a magazine and got card sleeve CD promos of Untilted and Quaristice and both were identical to the released versions. The art was very different (specific to the promo) but the music was exactly the same.

it seems promo-ish in how its put together imo

Promos are generally the finished albums, identical to release versions. I write for a magazine and got card sleeve CD promos of Untilted and Quaristice and both were identical to the released versions. The art was very different (specific to the promo) but the music was exactly the same.

stand corrected, I wasn't sure in the first place, thats why I put "imo"

i mean we can at least establish 2 definitely odd things about it - why 1 single m4a file? and why does ilanders play twice? it's not a proper rip of a promo cd i can be pretty sure of that. it may be a real promo cd and it's possible the person just did a bad job ripping/leaking this, but still strange and i want to get to the bottom of it.

Edited by Awepittance

Guest Greg Reason

If it were a promo CD rip it would surely be in separated tracks. There's definitely something fishy about this but it all sounds indisputably like ae so I can't doubt the authenticity of the contents.... Maybe the form will be slightly different.

If it were a promo CD rip it would surely be in separated tracks. There's definitely something fishy about this but it all sounds indisputably like ae so I can't doubt the authenticity of the contents.... Maybe the form will be slightly different.

You received promo for Untilted and Quaristice you say. That leads me to think you will receive promo for Oversteps too? Right? RIGHT? :)

i mean we can at least establish 2 definitely odd things about it - why 1 single m4a file? and why does ilanders play twice? it's not a proper rip of a promo cd i can be pretty sure of that. it may be a real promo cd and it's possible the person just did a bad job ripping/leaking this, but still strange and i want to get to the bottom of it.

yeah, honestly with my new understanding that someone could have put the radio tracks in their fake, it has me questioning things a bit more... cause ilanders is by far the coolest track and its coincidentally one of the two we can confirm as real. I don't even know which song is see on see...

I am still wondering if we have all been duped, good music regardless though

who did leak it by the way? it was a member of this forum right?

how about a little statement from his side about what he knows about it or is that all confidential? :emotawesomepm9: