IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

I would really like an album of stuff like fol3, Rale, WNSN, Theswere, Outh9x, Steels, Drane2, Rae... All of which I'd consider fairly ambient in nature (or soundscape orientated).

I'd be really happy actually, even though I love æ's beat driven stuff. I mean, in order to do proper live music, won't they need a fair amount of beats so as to get the spectators into it and not all just sitting there being pensive?

Edited by Xyrofen

Guest narkeworld

"Autechre, Oversteps (The real version...direct from Warp. 2 minutes in...sounds EPIC. It's definitely a return to their earlier, more ambient-esque material.)"

This is a quote from a guy, on the 12k records forum, when he was asked what he's been listening to lately. I think this guy is doing an interview with Sean Booth, or something like that. He may be doing the interview that we're all waiting for.

"Autechre, Oversteps (The real version...direct from Warp. 2 minutes in...sounds EPIC. It's definitely a return to their earlier, more ambient-esque material.)"

This is a quote from a guy, on the 12k records forum, when he was asked what he's been listening to lately. I think this guy is doing an interview with Sean Booth, or something like that. He may be doing the interview that we're all waiting for.

I think Autechre may have just made the album that I have been waiting for. I long for those earlier days.

Guest narkeworld

Yeah, just checked this is the guy doing the Big Shot interview.

Guest boredroom

bare in mind the classic beatless tracks off Amber - those rich melodies - so it may not be drone driven but possibly more melody milking ala mc202 with some pepper on top

hmm not so shure… 12k forum post by user radere, who seems to be a guy called Carl Ritger, while the other guy who first posted about the record on Twitter and then on Big Shot is called David Abravanel. :shuriken::facepalm::trashbear::emotawesomepm9:

Edited by Guest

Whenever I think of Amber, Foil, Piezo, Slip, and Nine come to mind. All of which are great.

I'm convinced Autechre can't do anything bad, even if they made pop music it'd be good. I think I'm about to hit mindless fanboy status.

How did you "check"?

Guest narkeworld

hmm not so shure… 12k forum post by user radere, who seems to be a guy called Carl Ritger, while the other guy who first posted about the record on Twitter and then on Big Shot is called David Abravanel. :shuriken::facepalm::trashbear::emotawesomepm9:

heheh....ok well I think radere said he was doing the interview but maybe it's the other guy (I'm just giving some information I got from the 12k forum), whatever, things seem to be going in an ambient direction though. I'm happy with beats or no beats, myself.

Edited by narkeworld

i´m confused. i´m listening to the latest fake/ leak (the one wurstwasser was talking about). some (most) of it sounds totally amateurish and cheap and crappy, but some parts a kinda epic and they fit the "amber" comparison. i hope it´s not the real thing though. TOTALLY confused.

Guest boredroom

Autechre Ambient??

Here is a qoute i just found it may be jazz elastic ?

The pure depths and serial surfaces played, placed and projected during their truly astonishing new collection Oversteps (WarpCD210) certainly reminds me of their earlier music, repeats/reforms some ideas, echoes specific loops, absences and grains, reprises calculations, develops various moods, connects similar stresses and symptoms, perfects certain systems, but at the same time bravely invents new possibilities, resist bad habits, penetrates new uncontaminated areas, and demonstrates that . . .

It remains the music of tomorrow/still new places to go/still music that hasn’t been heard/silence, and the reality that fills it, has changed at the end of a piece of Autechre music/you are not where/what/who you were.

heheh....ok well I think radere said he was doing the interview but maybe it's the other guy (I'm just giving some information I got from the 12k forum), whatever, things seem to be going in an ambient direction though. I'm happy with beats or no beats, myself.

I'd be more than happy with that. I don't think it'll be beatless ambient though. Just more melodic, and less fragmented. Just a feeling I have.

i´m confused. i´m listening to the latest fake/ leak (the one wurstwasser was talking about). some (most) of it sounds totally amateurish and cheap and crappy, but some parts a kinda epic and they fit the "amber" comparison. i hope it´s not the real thing though. TOTALLY confused.

I'm losing track here. Which leak are you referring to? I haven't liked any of them, but I want to hear this one for myself... If it sounds amateurish and cheap, it ain't them.

Autechre Ambient??

Here is a qoute i just found it may be jazz elastic ?

The pure depths and serial surfaces played, placed and projected during their truly astonishing new collection Oversteps (WarpCD210) certainly reminds me of their earlier music, repeats/reforms some ideas, echoes specific loops, absences and grains, reprises calculations, develops various moods, connects similar stresses and symptoms, perfects certain systems, but at the same time bravely invents new possibilities, resist bad habits, penetrates new uncontaminated areas, and demonstrates that . . .

It remains the music of tomorrow/still new places to go/still music that hasn’t been heard/silence, and the reality that fills it, has changed at the end of a piece of Autechre music/you are not where/what/who you were.

where did you find that?

Quick question... is track 3 a hiphop sounding track with chopped up vocals? If yes, you have the first fake. Otherwise, does krYlon have a long ambient outro? If either of these are true, then its fake.

Guest narkeworld

How did you "check"?

I reread the thread he says he's doing an interview for Big Shot, or at least that's what I think I saw. Read the thread yourself to be sure.

Edited by narkeworld

Quick question... is track 3 a hiphop sounding track with chopped up vocals? If yes, you have the first fake. Otherwise, does krYlon have a long ambient outro? If either of these are true, then its fake.

yes and yes. so i was not up to date with all the fakes. phew!