IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

This is all I was saying. I'm not disputing what ae said and I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm just saying the total lack of reviews is surprising if indeed there are promo copies out there for a few weeks

That's fair enough I guess. I'm sure the Mary Anne Hobbes preview tracks came out about this early on.

Maybe they're trying the opposite strategy. Where with Quaristice they chucked it up on Bleep before the physical releases came out, and there were those radio tracks and stuff.. this time they're gonna give us NOTHING until the release date....

...and then they'll postpone it by a coupla days just to piss us off :P

This is all I was saying. I'm not disputing what ae said and I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm just saying the total lack of reviews is surprising if indeed there are promo copies out there for a few weeks

That's fair enough I guess. I'm sure the Mary Anne Hobbes preview tracks came out about this early on.

Maybe they're trying the opposite strategy. Where with Quaristice they chucked it up on Bleep before the physical releases came out, and there were those radio tracks and stuff.. this time they're gonna give us NOTHING until the release date....

this seems like a terrible idea, so I can see warp doing this

Guest boredroom

you gotta wonder.... this new album has got to have passed thru so many ears already and yet not a peep from anybody, nothing, nada, zip!?

one of you guys have got to go undercover and get a job working at the cutting room or pressing plant where warp put their records through..

hard to believe that there is not a fan of ae /warp etc working in one of these positions who could blag a copy in advance.. all those warp promos yummm

Maaaaaaybe, just maybe there are no reviews and no leaks because the album just sucks donkey dicks. Perhaps its the worst shit ever. Perhaps its just twinkle-dee Max/MSPeepee field recordings of Mira Calix's cooter juice and no one wants to share the awful experience of listening to that.

Perhaps that blackhole on the cover is an 8000dpi zoom-in on Sean Booths butthole and "Oversteps" is just code name for the ridges in his anus-sphincter piece.

At least that's what's going around on Twitter.

Edited by gl0tch

I heard that Oversteps is just fake tracks from Gl0tch's next album.

I heard this on the blogs today too

Actually I heard it directly from Sean Booth. He ziplined through my bedroom window just to tell me this.

I heard that Oversteps is just fake tracks from Gl0tch's next album.

I heard this on the blogs today too

Actually I heard it directly from Sean Booth. He ziplined through my bedroom window just to tell me this.

lucky

this seems right. except for the postponing part. if they do that, im getting my 18 bones back and ill download illegally.

I heard Oversteps only exists to drive fans to insanity. In about a week this thread will reach 100+ pages and thehauntingsoul will lead a mass suicide.

I'm in the intermediate planning stages as we speak. Just in case, you know, you never know when you might need to pull off a mass suicide so gotta plan ahead for these things :trashbear:

This sounds awesome. I'll get some new black and white nikes and then not wear them until the rest of the Away Team is ready.

lol, Gescom's gate

1463_heavens_gate_468.jpg

Oversteps won't be available until the Comet Rale-Dropp is at its brightest. But you can castrate yourself a few weeks before; that's ok.

Edited by baph

Guest boredroom

Just listened to the latest fake (the last one) and gotta say for a copycat its not bad production wise but musically its boring as fuck.. if this fake were NOT fake and indeed was Autechre and they were to release this, then they ought to be ashamed for chucking together old ae remixes and pieces and regurgatating it on a splatter for our earbuds...... I HOPE im right that this is a fake as I know already I aint going to llsten to it again as there is no magic.... I believe the fakes are fakes and I wish for the real release to be like an Autechre dildo riding my brainhole as usual.

Guest etis atis
like an Autechre dildo riding my brainhole as usual.

This is gorgeous.

Bands as Sex Partners.

[…]

- Autechre: a $500 vibrator that somehow got stuck on the weird setting you never use so now it just sits in the back of your sock drawer.

[…]

(@ tumblr)