IGNORED

proposing

J3FF3R00

i proposed to my wife around christmas time a couple years ago while we were living in new haven, ct. I had the ring so I wanted to take her down to NYC and have a nice night and stay at a really nice hotel and go out on the town, and then on the next day my plan was to take her somewhere secluded in central park and ask her. i dont know if there is such a place, looking back. but whatever.

so we went out and had a romantic dinner and then stayed out at a bar afterwards. we were having a good time so we stayed out pretty late and had a lot to drink. everything was going smoothly. the hotel was cool (bryant park hotel), dinner was great (olives), the bar was really fun and i had loads and loads of scotch until we closed it out. my wife had worked a 30 hour shift the day before. so we were in great shape by the end of the night.

we get back to the hotel probably around 2. she starts to drawr a bath but it's filling up really slowly, so I go in to check it out and toy with it but I can't really figure it out, so I went to go lay down on the bed. the next thing I know, it's morning, and I wake up to the relaxing white noise of water flowing across the floor. the floor was covered in water, the water was flowing out of the bathtub and onto the floor and out of the bathroom. totally surreal. the woman was asleep next to me fully clothed on top of the bed. she must have just sat down next to me to wait for the tub to fill up and fell asleep too i guess. the water had been running all night. so I totally freaked out and ran and shut the water off and was throwing towels everywhere and then the hotel crew was banging on the door and all hell broke loose, they had to move all these families trying to have a nice christmas in new york out of their rooms below. we were on the 11th floor and it had flooded down to the 7th or something like that. it was mayhem, we packed up and just got out of new york. they said we were responsible for the damages (i ended up having to pay a few grand).

when we got back to new haven the mood was obviously tense because we're thinking it's going to cost us like hundreds of thousands of dollars and we're just hungover and sick, but we calmed down a bit. i was going to wait a few weeks but all of her family knew i was meant to propose to her that weekend. so I got down on one knee and asked her on her couch that night in our pajamas, she said yes, then we got chinese takeout the end.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

hide the ring somewhere you know she knows you hide stuff. then she'll find it and you can make up some bullshit story about what you were gonna do and you'll get c redit for doing it without actually doing it.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i proposed to my wife around christmas time a couple years ago while we were living in new haven, ct. I had the ring so I wanted to take her down to NYC and have a nice night and stay at a really nice hotel and go out on the town, and then on the next day my plan was to take her somewhere secluded in central park and ask her. i dont know if there is such a place, looking back. but whatever.

so we went out and had a romantic dinner and then stayed out at a bar afterwards. we were having a good time so we stayed out pretty late and had a lot to drink. everything was going smoothly. the hotel was cool (bryant park hotel), dinner was great (olives), the bar was really fun and i had loads and loads of scotch until we closed it out. my wife had worked a 30 hour shift the day before. so we were in great shape by the end of the night.

we get back to the hotel probably around 2. she starts to drawr a bath but it's filling up really slowly, so I go in to check it out and toy with it but I can't really figure it out, so I went to go lay down on the bed. the next thing I know, it's morning, and I wake up to the relaxing white noise of water flowing across the floor. the floor was covered in water, the water was flowing out of the bathtub and onto the floor and out of the bathroom. totally surreal. the woman was asleep next to me fully clothed on top of the bed. she must have just sat down next to me to wait for the tub to fill up and fell asleep too i guess. the water had been running all night. so I totally freaked out and ran and shut the water off and was throwing towels everywhere and then the hotel crew was banging on the door and all hell broke loose, they had to move all these families trying to have a nice christmas in new york out of their rooms below. we were on the 11th floor and it had flooded down to the 7th or something like that. it was mayhem, we packed up and just got out of new york. they said we were responsible for the damages (i ended up having to pay a few grand).

when we got back to new haven the mood was obviously tense because we're thinking it's going to cost us like hundreds of thousands of dollars and we're just hungover and sick, but we calmed down a bit. i was going to wait a few weeks but all of her family knew i was meant to propose to her that weekend. so I got down on one knee and asked her on her couch that night in our pajamas, she said yes, then we got chinese takeout the end.

i could listen to your stories all night grandad

put the ring in your arse and ask her to finger you. voila! the ring is on her finger and she's over the moon.

lmao

awesome... lol!

i proposed to my wife at a new years rave way back in the day at the strike of midnight. she couldn't say no to that.

I need more ideas.

I've been wondering if I should just do it casually.

I can't think of how to do it and not seem too over-the-top/cocky or lack-luster/pathetic.

I see you have dismissed my crack idea. Crack is the key to a woman's heart. EVERY WOMAN.

Guest Ron Manager

It was the prospect of posts like these that brought me back to WATMM.

ok, i got it, but this should probably be done when you have spent the night together/or share a bathroom:

step 1: eat as much steak as you possibly can in one night

step 2: evacuate your bowels into the toilet. hopefully a thick log conducive to the plan will come out. measure it for accuracy if you must.

step 3: stick the ring in the middle of the dump. this will ensure that the weight of the ring will balance with the poop, keeping it somewhat stable and possibly even above water level.

step 4: DO NOT FLUSH. wait for your potential wife to enter the bathroom.

step 5: brag about the dump you took in the toilet. if she goes to look, you all win and will have a wonderful marriage. if she does not go to look, you are better off single and should quickly plan for a nearby disposal site for her body.

i know, it doesn't always work, right?

third times the charm!

in all seriousness, i could only think of proposing inside while it was raining out after a nice meal.

also:, what the hell did you currently married guys talk about after she accepted? i would imagine its a strange awkward jolt back into reality.

third times the charm!

in all seriousness, i could only think of proposing inside while it was raining out after a nice meal.

also:, what the hell did you currently married guys talk about after she accepted? i would imagine its a strange awkward jolt back into reality.

Typically you go do the nasty afterward.

third times the charm!

Typically you go do the nasty afterward.

ah, i see

*jots*

sr4: probably got the best embrace ever. i don't think i'll ever get an embrace like that again. on our way home, we were giving one of my friends a ride (from the rave) and he was going on and on about how happy he was for us and just kept going on and on... my wife hates that dudes guts still to this day.

awesome, but it would have been even better if you woke her up and proposed to her right there in that flooded hotel room.

Archived