IGNORED

Pendulum

CalumVaughan

wow nice track!

the only one ive ever heard before was masochist, i think...(the one about jungle warfare?), i liked that one, but the fake guitar squeals were horrible.

never thought the pend. remix of voodoo people was anywhere near as good as the original..

I like 'em alright. But it seems that for every good track they have 5 very bland ones.

Tarantula, Slam, Fasten Your Seatbelt, and Hold your color are all good tracks to me.

Oh and the voodoo people cover is *kinda* neat. But they really didn't do much for it other than speed it up, add some heavy breaky drums, and a wonky bassline.

Edit: they really need to cut it out with teh auto-tune. Along with the rest of the world.

Pendulum was really the first indicator that all the Dnb heads were soon going to be dubstep only heads. I'm sure there were plenty of other indicators but with their popularity it really seemed to seal the deal. I still can't quite believe it. Not hating, it's just odd. Like when all the manson/metal/korny kids in the 90's suddenly became ravers. No complaints, it's just weird how things evolve/mutate.

Its DnB for hipsters.

:facepalm:

Saying things are for hipsters is for hipsters! Seriously guys stfu.

All the kids who I've met who like Pendulum are wannabe candy ravers who pop too many pills. DnB for hipsters! Give me a break.

Its DnB for hipsters.

:facepalm:

Saying things are for hipsters is for hipsters! Seriously guys stfu.

All the kids who I've met who like Pendulum are wannabe candy ravers who pop too many pills. DnB for hipsters! Give me a break.

:wtf:

Does that make us both hipsters?

one of the guys from pendulum (rob swire) used to play gigs in my home town as anscenic, his stuff under that name was a lot more brutal and dark, some of it approaching breakcore and gabba.. he also used to play in a goth band with some of my friends, lol.

knowing his history of actual awesome dark dnb stuff, pendulum makes me :facepalm: a bit hehe.

^

you know. It's interesting you bring that up because when dnb gets "dark" it gets very strange. The last planet of the drums i went to, the whole last i'd say 4 hours of it was very very "dark" dnb and I left feeling miserable depressed and had a massive headache.

I'm not sure where I was going with that. ummmmmmm. frak. I dunno. Shoegaze dnb anyone? I'd watch it.

Archived