IGNORED

Venetian Snares Subforum

Daxx

I reckon AAron became famous because of his obsession with dead children. (A.K.A, HIS EARLY CAREER RELIED ON SHOCK VALUE rather than his music)

Songs About My Cats is totally full of shock value.

if anyone should get a subforum, it should be DMX Krew imo. He still makes music and has usually quite a few solid tunes on any one release.... why not I say?

Yeah I headed off that petition ages ago. It never sticks. Fuckin shame it is.

mass respect to ed, but I think his blog & comments is a good enough discussion place for him

Pretty much all of the subforum artists have tracks that take a while to get into and sometimes you won't even like them at first and think they're nothing special, and in the end they turn out to be your favourites. Most of VSnares tracks have the exact opposite effect ... :/

unreleased analords were probably old tracks. tuss was likely a collab.

who was it who said vsnares is the family guy to rdj's simpsons? that was one of the most accurate analogies ever.

me

I think he's still kind of IMPORTANT because I get the impression that people like afx/squarepusher/autechre are just viewed as this WALL like omg nobody will ever be able to reach the level of these guys I'm going to make lounge music instead. If snares hasn't reached the same level on certain tracks I at least think his stuff is like a CALL TO ARMS or something. But he makes too many tracks if I paid for them I'd be a little more pissed

btw how much was early afx viewed as shock value? Like when he was brand new, because didn't he give off the impression like, oh god maybe this guy really is insane somehow some crazy person got a hold of a synthesizer and managed to put out some albums. I could be listening to charles manson the electronica album

I still prefer him to people like Wisp wisp is a dinosaur whose music is 10 years too late. And I haven't looked up Flashbulb extensively but he seems like some fuck. At least Wisp has some charm with the consciously retro feel Flashbulb just seems like 'hi I'm the Flashbulb I'm some fuck who makes music'

I might be wrong about him but all Flashbulb song titles make me cringe

another analogy time he reminds me if BT actually fully went the afx/squarepusher route instead of just touching on it on that one album to be edgy but yeah some alternate universe where he managed to make that style of music with his various production techniques that are beyond comprehension in their complexity but... he's still BT

high pitch noises?

Man I really can't get into that album, and I can appreciate some Vsnares really i can.

I guess... None of those noises really bother me. I don't consider it a very shocking album, just really outright and loud.

I think he's not in the same ballpark as the other electronic artists on watmm. not because of quality (that's really a subjective thing) but his music is a lot more aggressive and full-on than, say, plaid.

Super agree with this. Autechre, Plaid, and whatnot are much more "easy-listening" most of the time with just as much (if not more) depth.

Pretty much all of the subforum artists have tracks that take a while to get into and sometimes you won't even like them at first and think they're nothing special, and in the end they turn out to be your favourites. Most of VSnares tracks have the exact opposite effect ... :/

I must agree with this except on a few occasions. Those being his album "Filth" and his darker (hate to use that word) stuff, like Meathole, Find Candace, and Doll Doll Doll.

unreleased analords were probably old tracks. tuss was likely a collab.

who was it who said vsnares is the family guy to rdj's simpsons? that was one of the most accurate analogies ever.

me

I think he's still kind of IMPORTANT because I get the impression that people like afx/squarepusher/autechre are just viewed as this WALL like omg nobody will ever be able to reach the level of these guys I'm going to make lounge music instead. If snares hasn't reached the same level on certain tracks I at least think his stuff is like a CALL TO ARMS or something. But he makes too many tracks if I paid for them I'd be a little more pissed

btw how much was early afx viewed as shock value? Like when he was brand new, because didn't he give off the impression like, oh god maybe this guy really is insane somehow some crazy person got a hold of a synthesizer and managed to put out some albums. I could be listening to charles manson the electronica album

I still prefer him to people like Wisp wisp is a dinosaur whose music is 10 years too late. And I haven't looked up Flashbulb extensively but he seems like some fuck. At least Wisp has some charm with the consciously retro feel Flashbulb just seems like 'hi I'm the Flashbulb I'm some fuck who makes music'

I have nothing against Wisp. His stuff is all nice and seems much less dated sounding than the stuff Mike Paradinas released in his last two albums (from their perspective in time that is). I get the same feeling from Kid606, I like his stuff, but it all sounds very dated. Wisp's stuff always seems to have either a melancholy or nostalgic sound that I like.

The Flashbulb is something I guess I'll get dislike for liking around here it seems, but I feel he has some solid works. I guess maybe I'm too young to understand his place in time with other IDM or something, but I really do enjoy most of his albums for what they are.

Most of my opinions on Venetian Snares are probably skewed from the general listener as even I would consider myself a fanboy of his. I don't regard all of his stuff as good (Shitfuckers!!!, 7 Seven meds EP, Fuck Canada//Fuck America, etc. are garbage), but I legitimately love his major releases dating back to Greg Hates Car Culture. I even find myself sometimes just listening to Making Orange Things and not hating [all] of it. I often look forward to his releases and quite enjoy his Last Step side project works. I will throw out there I got into Vsnares after getting into AFX and µ-Ziq, but before getting into Æ, Plaid, and Squarepusher.

Cheers to the wide range of opinions and music in this community. I've found so much good stuff thanks to this place (Lexaunculpt, Proem, Kelpe, Secret Frequency Crew, appreciation for Autechre). :braindance:

Edit: I also really like Otto Von Schirach, Shpongle (thanks to Capsaicin), Richard Devine, and Ceephax.

And I haven't looked up Flashbulb extensively but he seems like some fuck. At least Wisp has some charm with the consciously retro feel Flashbulb just seems like 'hi I'm the Flashbulb I'm some fuck who makes music'

never listened to the flashbulb yet this is basically the same impression I have haha

:wtf:

What the fuck does that even mean?

And I haven't looked up Flashbulb extensively but he seems like some fuck. At least Wisp has some charm with the consciously retro feel Flashbulb just seems like 'hi I'm the Flashbulb I'm some fuck who makes music'

never listened to the flashbulb yet this is basically the same impression I have haha

I dunno, it's stupid to judge like that I know, but that's just the impression I get of him mostly from the way he acts I guess.

Sorry but this deserves a :facepalm:

I cant believe both of you will dismiss an artist just because you THINK he's a fuck.

watmm just doesn't want a vsnares forum because he actually releases music, so there wouldn't be a need for threads like "what colors do you see when you listen to nymphomatriarch?" and "Why hasn't Aaron released a record lately? Illuminati connection!?"

watmm just doesn't want a vsnares forum because he actually releases music, so there wouldn't be a need for threads like "what colors do you see when you listen to nymphomatriarch?" and "Why hasn't Aaron released a record lately? Illuminati connection!?"

LOL , YOU WIN

Guest Lube Saibot

i love you

I dunno, it's stupid to judge like that I know, but that's just the impression I get of him mostly from the way he acts I guess.

Sorry but this deserves a :facepalm:

I cant believe both of you will dismiss an artist just because you THINK he's a fuck.

well to put it in more concrete terms his promotional photos gave off this quality like whoa this picture is INTENSE he must be a pretty intense dude like they feel like I'm looking at someone's myspace photo as seen through a Tony Scott movie - or a really factually inaccurate Tony Scott/Michael Bay movie where CIA operative's ids look suspiciously like Myspace

also like I said literally every title he's ever given a song/album (Girls sux but u don't) makes me die a little inside. It's like he's trying his absolute hardest not to resonate with me

anyways...one of my first posts on this site was similar. I love Vsnares. He's in my top 4 - I agree his music is too intense for a subforum on this pussy filled site........

But I have to agree with adding a CLARK subforum. Why hasn't this been done?

Do it

add it

now

thanx

Archived