IGNORED

Beatles...

Guest CBrown

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cockroaches are beatles, and i'd be willing to bet they're the most common type of beatle, especially in the houses of filthy electronic music composers!

cockroaches dotn live in england. richard is talking about the the rain beatles

according to wikipedia cockroaches live everywhere

god dammit. the itunes preview starts fading right when he says it. too hard to hear.

So your basing your answer it on a shitty iTunes preview ? Great..... :whistling:

UK and right US people think its Heat

Wrong US people think it's night.

This topic comes up every 6 months and it doesn't get any more interesting. Lock already.....

god dammit. the itunes preview starts fading right when he says it. too hard to hear.

So your basing your answer it on a shitty iTunes preview ? Great..... :whistling:

UK and right US people think its Heat

Wrong US people think it's night.

This topic comes up every 6 months and it doesn't get any more interesting. Lock already.....

it's integral part of the forum, we need to discuss this periodically to align ourselves with the right people. 5 pages in an hour should make that obvious to you

and they're not fucking cockroaches, that fact has been established eons ago.

goddamn, if yer gonna rgue, get yer fucking fax striaght.

and me and sini are thuper gay for the black cock.

I know. I was just continueing the cockroach example, since easterlingman brought it up originally.

refering to this:

i bet rdj doesn't know that!
so I was responding, assume the above statement is true.

good sir, assumptions make an ass out of you and me. kindly refrian from them in the future.

no it's the same goddam number of syllables

out in the heat = 4

out at ny eet = 4

but it's the placement of the fucking "n" fred. There's a whole syllable in between there.

yes, on paper. but in song the tie between what you think is "in" and "the" (pronounced ntuh) and the tie between the actual "at" and "ny" (pronounced tnuh) both sound like the same stoccato break between vowels

whateva fred.

U talkin to an english teacha here.

you cannot simply disregard that syllable that makes the "th" sound.

Guest feta lol

when i eat

in thie eet!!

IM CHANGING MY STANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after careful listening it's "in thie eet"

it's more like "da" heat when he says it. it's soft, almost whispered. but yeah i guess it might make sense that an english teacher tries to hear proper spoken grammar in song, where grammar and proper english pronunciation are quite often sacrificed for the benefit of rhythm and flow.

Guest feta lol

"People often wonder whether in my song, Beetles, i am saying night or heat. In truth it is niether. I am simply saying in da iiieeet."

-Taken from Rolling Stone Interview december 1998

I'll end this debate RIGHT NOW, FOREVER.

I emailed Richard, asked him which was it - night or heat (I'm a night guy myself). His response:

"its night. bugs come out at night. why would they come out when it's hot? load of fucking twats you have on your forum."

So there you have it, NIGHT. N-I-G-H-T. Niii(not heat)ght.

Think about it (and this is why I was always a night guy) - insects come out at night (like when you turn on the kitchen light and there's a cockroach out in the middle of the floor then it scurries away to the darkness when you turn the light on).

Oh, and I'm moving this thread to the Aphex Twin subforum :laughing:

I emailed Richard, asked him which was it - night or heat (I'm a night guy myself). His response:

"its night. bugs come out at night. why would they come out when it's hot? load of fucking twats you have on your forum."

Think about it (and this is why I was always a night guy) - insects come out at night (like when you turn on the kitchen light and there's a cockroach out in the middle of the floor then it scurries away to the darkness when you turn the light on).

right so if we were to ask his roommate at the time,would he not say heat?

I think rDJ might have been yanking your memeber Joyseks.

That's a lie isn't it Mr. Thomas...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Don't worry he's just messing with ya, especially as he was one of the heat supporters in the first place anyway. He just wants this stoopid topic to die (as do I).

right so if we were to ask his roommate at the time,would he not say heat?

I think rDJ might have been yanking your memeber Joyseks.

I see no reason why he would on this...

That's a lie isn't it Mr. Thomas...

What? That you lot are a bunch of fucking twats? :laughing:

What? That you lot are a bunch of fucking twats? :laughing:

No that's true, after all what other reason would we be arguing over 5 pages (and countless others in the past) about 1 word contained within a song. (it's still 'heat' though....) I just meant about you emailing him being a lie.

I sure this is the third time I posted this, but could they be carpet beetles? They, at least come out in the summertime. Heat=Summer. What the fizzle guys, I don't even get this anymore.

Archived