IGNORED

Inception - Chris Nolan + Leo DiCaprio = best movie of the summer?

Rubin Farr

SPOILER:

don't know if it has been said but the last scene is definitely a dream as the children didn't age and still do look the same as he remembered them over and over in the dreams

At the end of the credits there is the sound of the totem dropping

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest the anonymous forumite

SPOILER:

don't know if it has been said but the last scene is definitely a dream as the children didn't age and still do look the same as he remembered them over and over in the dreams

Oh yeah ? How can you know the ammount of time Cobb spent working ?

SPOILER:

Oh yeah ? How can you know the ammount of time Cobb spent working ?

He probably had a brother or a cousin on the production team. That old chestnut!

Guest pulsewarrior

I'm gonna drop some words soon on Nolan and where I think he belongs in terms of progression as a filmmaker. I'll also delve a bit deeper into why Inception fell so far short of the mark for me.

People have mentioned both The Matrix and Synecdoche as comparisons, which I think are great candidates for adding to the discussion. For me, The Matrix was a much, much, much better film simply for the fact it was unpretentious and transparently silly in its delivery of a manchild's gun-filled fantasy world. Synecdoche, I would argue, was also about ten times more useful than Inception with the exploration of overlapping/meta-realities. It rather poignantly and tragically uncovered all the frailty, loss, loneliness, and abject self-loathing of an aging writer whose fictional worlds became traps for unresolved relationships.

Inception was about.......ummmmmmm.................................fucking ninjas and more fucking ninjas fighting it out to protect intellectual property and money while DiCaprio revisits a bland, sexless, Hallmark greeting card family life he lost to this dream-raping profession. It felt like Shutter Island all over again, except a lot of fucking ninjas running around.

{more later...}

:sorcerer:

the matrix, unpretentious!!!????? good lord were you sober when you wrote that ! ? : )

I also felt the similarities to Shutter Island, bit uncanny.

It seems that you walked into this film ready to slate it and biased all your perception to serve that purpose...you speak about the movie with such acid, yet you seem like an astute critic at times and it confounds me that you see the movie this way. So you hate it. True story ?

i don't know where to start - inception is like the matrix only in that it can be understood on three distinct levels.

understanding each is reliant on the proper prerequisites and can only be understood if one is seeing it through

certain eyes and hearing it through certain ears. not unlike so many other things in this world - the truth is

deeply encoded in this film and only accessible to those who have done the work (searching) that

is required to truly understand.

this is a motivational remark not a condescending remark - all are capable of doing this work

but few will freely choose to do it.

yes this movie is deeper then most of us could ever imagine - just as the first matrix (be it that it is dated

now) is also deeper then most will find it to be. i would say that inception is alittle harder for most people

to understand then the matrix though - alittle more complex in its code.

what an amazing movie - i want to see it at least ten more times.

i don't know where to start - inception is like the matrix only in that it can be understood on three distinct levels.

understanding each is reliant on the proper prerequisites and can only be understood if one is seeing it through

certain eyes and hearing it through certain ears. not unlike so many other things in this world - the truth is

deeply encoded in this film and only accessible to those who have done the work (searching) that

this is a motivational remark not a condescending remark - all are capable of doing this work

yes this movie is deeper then most of us could ever imagine - just as the first matrix (be it that it is dated

now) is also deeper then most will find it to be. i would say that inception is alittle harder for most people

the fuck?

Guest pulsewarrior

@troon, blegh, could you be any more condescending? saying "this is motivational, not condescending" makes you even moreso. you're trying too hard to be aloof and enlightened. Chhill.

if more are able to decode it then i give credit - that would be a wonderful thing

hes trolling

an obvious troll answer

ya it not like you totally came out and admitted you were a troll and that the only reason you post here is to fuck with people or nothing....

Guest happycase

nigga plz!!! the conceit here. sheewoop. your mind adds layers to the movie, it doesn't extract them. the movie is the movie. you just find your own thoughts about the subconscious and its autonomy as a database of independent symbols fassscccinattting! and it is! but i'm pointing you back to the source of your excitement: conceit.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Yeah there is a really quick shot of Leo's dick a quarter of the way through the movie as hes getting out of the shower

NSFW

456162.jpg

Ohh snap goatse bomb...?... or is that not that the goat sex the kids are "pwning their homies" with these days

ascii-goatse-meeting.jpg

naturally you all just want the truth in your lives to shut the fuck up! well it can do that, it is well capable of doing that!

you don't know what you've got till it's gone - actually you probably just don't know what you've got.

slags

Yeah there is a really quick shot of Leo's dick a quarter of the way through the movie as hes getting out of the shower

I figure he must have a petite one. Hence why he's all bug-eyed, uptight, and sweaty in his films.

Archived