IGNORED

The Hobbit loses Guillermo Del Toro

Rubin Farr

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nuclearaddict

I still haven't seen this. Heard nothing but disappointing reviews. Such a bummer. I watch the original trilogy once a month

I could tell there would be shitty 3D filler stuff from the first bit of footage they showed. Who likes that stuff honestly? Doesn't translate well at all on home screens.

I still haven't seen this. Heard nothing but disappointing reviews. Such a bummer. I watch the original trilogy once a month

I could tell there would be shitty 3D filler stuff from the first bit of footage they showed. Who likes that stuff honestly? Doesn't translate well at all on home screens.

if your a fan then it will be enjoyable to be taken back there (especially with Gollum) plus it also links with LOTR a lot more it's just some parts are very filled out and it has more kids film feel about it with it not being as dark

Guest nuclearaddict

How about just watching it yourself and make up your own mind about it? Just a suggestion.

Shielding myself from the disappointment?

if your a fan then it will be enjoyable to be taken back there (especially with Gollum) plus it also links with LOTR a lot more it's just some parts are very filled out and it has more kids film feel about it with it not being as dark

I'm hoping for good things with part 2 when Bard The Bowman comes into play. I'll check it out soon. I'm just waiting for the right moment to watch it.

Part 3 should be the darkest and heaviest of the three with The Battle of Five Armies and everything.

I'm a huge Tolkien (books) fan and I mostly hated the Lotr trilogy and now that I'm a bit older and wiser I just don't connect these movies with books anymore as they rape them too cruelly.

That said I enjoy watching it for the guilty pleasure 3d enhanced dumb fun that Hobbit is.

• 1 month later...

I thought the LOTR trilogy was good, but the Hobbitt didn't really measure up and by the looks of it the sequel will be even more bombastic. Someone should reel PJ in, he is getting awfully close to Lucas territory.

Hmmm... lots of unnecessary panning and jumping towards the camera. Looks quite pretty though.

Interesting (is that the right word) to note that since a lot of cinemas invested in the 24fps technology on the back of the first Hobbit movie, no other 24fps movies have been released since? i'm guessing this is the next one?

Guest RadarJammer

the trailer is so soulless and boring i couldn't finish it the first time i tried. just thinking about what this movie is gonna be like makes me sleepy

• 2 years later...

Peter Jackson admits he had no fucking clue what he was doing on The Hobbit movies, and was making it up as he went along:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/nov/19/peter-jackson-battle-of-the-five-armies-i-didnt-know-what-the-hell-i-was-doing-when-i-made-the-hobbit

Archived