IGNORED

this is why you suck at starcraft

chaosmachine

Isn't that shit ridiculous? It's the equivalent of a batter keeping his bat in motion . . . something to do with not exciting the nerves from a dormant state, I think. You can react more quickly if you're already in motion. Or something.

Guest theSun

Isn't that shit ridiculous? It's the equivalent of a batter keeping his bat in motion . . . something to do with not exciting the nerves from a dormant state, I think. You can react more quickly if you're already in motion. Or something.

this is why when i pvp (any game) i'm usually mashing the fuck out of my keyboard (controller) at the first sign of battle.

that's why i like wow, the global cooldown of 1.5 sec makes it so you can't have these ridic APM figures and get demolished by people spazzing on their keyboards. i always thought of myself as a good gamer (even starcraft once upon a time) but i don't think 5 of me could beat one of those koreans.

it would be interesting to watch someone playing an FPS or something with that camera over their hands.

I probably move my shit all fast when I play bad company 2 or whatever. IDK if it would be that fast though, especially when you consider just running long distances or something, but in the heat of a firefight....

Guest joshier

as if APM is in any relation to actually being good at a game, clicking the peasants to cut wood over 20 times is hardly strategically advantageous

as if APM is in any relation to actually being good at a game, clicking the peasants to cut wood over 20 times is hardly strategically advantageous

when was the last time you won the Starcraft world championship?

Guest Rabid

There was a korean kid in my high school who would play starcraft in the library. He was pretty much an exact match to stereotype hehe. he played extremely quickly but would always insist that he "wasn't that good" he still drew crowds of like 30 people in the library who would watch him play.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Uhhhhhh Ive seen a lot of people playing competitively in first person shooters (some of the best counter strike/UT clans at the time at competitions) and Ive never seen anything like that. Nothing can compare to that speed and multitasking that ive seen in the game world. I knew that they were uber serious in korea about starcraft and shit but Ive never actually seen footage of them playing. Dear god.

pretty impressive but not as much as korean's in my opinion. that dood does have an impressively long thumb though

I really respect how these cats in professionally competitive gaming keep their focus on becoming virtuoso at one game for years. That takes dedication and patience amongst other things. Staying with music for many years seems less hard to comprehend because there's so many ways you can approach music and keep your interest. You can stop playing music for a few months and if you have already got yourself to a certain point its hard to lose it as far as I see it. With professionally competitive gaming I'm pretty sure if they lose their focus and stop being dedicated to the game they love I'm pretty sure you can lose a tremendous amount of edge on the competition.

I completely respect professional gaming in principle (there's quite a few douchey people involved though)

I really respect how these cats in professionally competitive gaming keep their focus on becoming virtuoso at one game for years. That takes dedication and patience amongst other things. Staying with music for many years seems less hard to comprehend because there's so many ways you can approach music and keep your interest. You can stop playing music for a few months and if you have already got yourself to a certain point its hard to lose it as far as I see it. With professionally competitive gaming I'm pretty sure if they lose their focus and stop being dedicated to the game they love I'm pretty sure you can lose a tremendous amount of edge on the competition.

For the exact same reasons I marvel at the waste of time. Seems pathetic almost, I dunno. :shrug:

Guest Calx Sherbet

i can't believe that SSBM was a competitive game

oh jeez louise, some people are really great at that game

Archived