IGNORED

The Melvins

Guest Fishtank

A band I should've paid attention to over the years, my bad that I didn't. Never too late though. I saw Kevin Rutmanis playing with Tomahawk a few years ago (which might be heresy to the hardcore Melvins fan, I dunno), and he was tight as fuck.

n.b. the track you posted was fucking great.

I appreciate!

But I didn't go to the show last Tuesday. :sleep: I was too tired from having gone to another show the night before, and the work week was just getting started.

I played the new one today, third spin. Some really solid stuff on there but it gets a little boring towards the end. Still I think I like it better than Nude With Boots.

My favs are (A) Senile Animal, Houdini, Stoner Witch, Lysol, and The Maggot pretty much in that order (all 4 stars and up). I've heard a few others but not all.

stoner witch is probably my favourite out of what i've heard (which isn't much, the only others i've listened to are houdini and pigs of the roman empire)

when i was 13 i seen buzz at disneyland, i didn't know who he was but i remember seeing him later on a cover of a magazine.

he was eating with his friends, they looked like they were in a rock band.

that was the day that kurt cobain was found dead

Guest Greg Reason

Melvins are the stuff.

I love most of their catalog although they do seem very intent on challenging their audience a lot of the time and seeing exactly how much people will put up with. But most of their albums are actually of a very high standard. I haven't gotten into the last few so much (they seemed to go on a bit of a Classic Rock bender) but I've heard that the very latest one is really good.

Myself, I'm most into The Bootlicker, Pigs of the Roman Empire, Hostile Ambient Takeover, Stoner Witch, Electroretard and Stag. I've seen them live a bunch of times (seeing them back up Tool in 02 was particularly memorable for the hordes of dumbass Tool fans screaming abusive while they played one of the weirdest sets they could manage)

I think my favourite gig of theirs was their slot at the Geek Show in Brisbane, they did this jam thing in the middle and kept losing tempo until they were playing the slowest thing I've ever heard. It was fucking epic and the crowd was amazingly respectful. I guess all the Tomahawk fans were at the bar at that point :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Jimmy James

they keep playing a converted movie theater in chinatown here! seems everytime i go by the place and actually check out who's playing there soon... it's always the melvins!

melvins.jpg

one of these years i guess i should check em out.

Guest Fishtank

I got to see them open for TOOL but I wasn't really into them untill after that show. I don't know what songs they played but I remember a lot of distortion and yelling.

Great band. I've seen them twice (once opening for Primus back in the day and once recently).

However, listening to The Melvins makes me want to listen to High On Fire.

when i was 13 i seen buzz at disneyland, i didn't know who he was but i remember seeing him later on a cover of a magazine.

lol i saw him at Amoeba once too. nobody forgets seeing that hair.

Stoner Witch, Houdini, Prick and Bullhead are favs. Got a soft spot for the King Buzzo/Dale Crover/Joe Preston EPs they put out, even though they're not the greatest thing ever, they're fucking cool.

and if you only ever listen to one Melvins song, make it this cover of Goin Blind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmX_7B8c-ww

Guest Greg Reason

and if you only ever listen to one Melvins song, make it this cover of Goin Blind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmX_7B8c-ww

I've seen them do that a bunch of times, it always goes down well :rhubear1:

Speaking of TOOLs, I was always put off by the omnipresence of this one:

Gsdm4MSCUpxnm8fhjQmd82J4o1_250.jpg

I wouldn't worry about Patton, he has basically nothing to do with them. They've released something like forty records and he's on two of them? Don't stress

i assume that was after he found out.

also i have heard from a friend that buzz would take his friends to toys r us and give them 20 bucks to buy toys. seems liek a swell guy, i know nothing of thier music, just seems like a cool guy.

WTF? Who doesn't lovc KISS?

lol, me! they are were the wwf of rock and roll.

yeah! fun as hell, never took themselves seriously and entertaining!

Archived