IGNORED

Samples that appear in Aphex which appear elsewhere.

chenGOD

As I was listening to The Orb's beauty that is Pomme Fritz, halfway through the last song - His Immortal Logness there is a sample which sounds like someone speaking German and then an eerie laugh. "Hang on, I've heard that before". Sho'nuff, the same laugh that Aphex uses in White Blur 2.

Both of these were released in 1994, so i don't think there was much lifting involved. Perhaps just a coincidence.

Anyhow, can anyone think of other examples like the above?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

the bass kick in "isopropanol" is on my yamaha dx200. factory default it must be, as i don't think you can upload samples to it?

Guest ansgaria

I'd like to know where the "I want sex" and "Come on, you cunts, let's have some aphex acid!" samples originate from. Especially the latter and if it's directly related to Richard.

Guest ansgaria

^ both could be richard sampling his own voice I guess

True. I guess the only way to know is to ask Richard himself, which I doubt I'll ever have the chance to.

I'd like to know where the "I want sex" and "Come on, you cunts, let's have some aphex acid!" samples originate from. Especially the latter and if it's directly related to Richard.

Richard himself...........

Guest hahathhat

You mean like the dx200 sampled the kick from isopropanol?

i meant, i think the sound is from the dx200, or something yamaha owns. consequently, i'm sure it's in many other tracks !

i am kind if curious if anyone could scout an earlier instance of the noise, as i'm not even sure dx200 was out when isopropanol was made.

I always thought it was supposed to be "Come on you slags" and "I like sex" at the same time. Like an audio optical illusion 'omg it's a rabbit but it's also a duck at the same time'

The only thing I ever heard was "I WANT APHEX" on that one. I still don't get "Come on you slags!" and I even tried "I want sex" and it doesn't really work for me.

Guest sickboy

You mean like the dx200 sampled the kick from isopropanol?

i meant, i think the sound is from the dx200, or something yamaha owns. consequently, i'm sure it's in many other tracks !

i am kind if curious if anyone could scout an earlier instance of the noise, as i'm not even sure dx200 was out when isopropanol was made.

that's why I asked - cause the dx200 wasn't made until like 2000 or something like that.

Guest mikespektre

Pretty sure I read that the "Come on you cunts let's have some Aphex acid!" was Tom Jenkinson.

I forget which track specifically, but one of them on Druqks, I wanna say 54 cymyru beats, has the same Marvin The Martian sample used in "Dr. Lookout" by Orbital

Archived