IGNORED

LFO - Advance

Guest ruiagnelo

I don't imagine he's any need to money-wise

i'd say mark bell could comfortably retire off his bjork $$$ alone.

What I was thinking kaini, and good on him too.

and maybe cuddle aftar?

(a reference to this, which is as old as the internet) in case it's lost on you. [/labours point]

Thanks for reminding me of how internet-unsavvy I am :blush:.

Guest ruiagnelo

I think he's too busy to actually make music anymore.

He still finds time to tour with Björk whenever she goes out... Which I can quite understand!

what exactly was his role in bjork's tours?

He still finds time to tour with Björk whenever she goes out... Which I can quite understand!

i saw him with bjork at a music festival when she was touring volta.

he was alternating back and forth between a fairly small synth/sequencer/fx combo, and a reactable.

he was bashing the reactable with such force i was surprised he didn't break it for 'declare independence'. it was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHeX6yg95xU

basically an lfo track with bjork vocals :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by kaini

i saw him with bjork at a music festival when she was touring volta.

he was alternating back and forth between a fairly small synth/sequencer/fx combo, and a reactable.

he was bashing the reactable with such force i was surprised he didn't break it for 'declare independence'. it was awesome.

basically an lfo track with bjork vocals :emotawesomepm9:

Yeah, saw her on the same tour in Austin, TX and Mark Bell was working the reactable with some other guy, Damien Taylor I think. They fucking busted out that Homogenic track "Pluto" and it sounded sick! On top of that some speaker caught on fire and made this shape that looked like the tour font of Volta, almost looked intentional at first.

Here's footage (thank god for this guy filming so close)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sPhKHWr0ck

Edited by joshuatxuk

Yeah, saw her on the same tour in Austin, TX and Mark Bell was working the reactable with some other guy, Damien Taylor I think. They fucking busted out that Homogenic track "Pluto" and it sounded sick! On top of that some speaker caught on fire and made this shape that looked like the tour font of Volta, almost looked intentional at first.

Holy hell! Intense

Holy hell! Intense

I'm no fan of Bjork but that was awesome (with or without the fire). And props to her for clearly appreciating Mark Bell and Plaid as much as she does.

• 9 years later...

I L O V E this album so much, seriously, this is a MASTERPIECE. I just can't get over how good this is. Every single track is stunning, it's definetely LFO's best work. Everytime I listen to it I get nostalgic as fuck it's so good.

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, thumbass said:

I L O V E this album so much, seriously, this is a MASTERPIECE. I just can't get over how good this is. Every single track is stunning, it's definetely LFO's best work. Everytime I listen to it I get nostalgic as fuck it's so good.

TIED UP.

(also Spiritualized Electric Mainline mix on the single).

• Like 2

I really fucking love this album. Shove Piggy Shove is downtempo BLISS. Goodnight Vienna is also criminally underrated as an ambient piece. Tied Up is killer, same with Them. Also JASON VORHEES

Probably a hot take, but while I love Advance over Frequencies, Sheath is my favorite LFO project. Really hits me with the melodic downtempo-y sounding stuff.

• Like 1

My favourite LFO too, actually probably one of my top albums ever. 

I spent the best part of a couple of hours at 24rpm talking to Gez Varley, he’s a great down to earth bloke. He seemed genuinely touched when I told him how much I love Advance. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Yearly bump because this album is godly. The spacial ambiance, the hard hitting techno, it's all here and nobody does it or has done it like LFO.

Correct answer.

• Like 1