IGNORED

Brian Eno - Small Craft on a Milk Sea

Guest extherium

Guest extherium

listened to this an insane amount so far and its aoty, probably one of the best things ive heard in awhile

Where did you get this so early?

The internet, presumably.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

listened to this an insane amount so far and its aoty, probably one of the best things ive heard in awhile

Where did you get this so early?

The internet, presumably.

Ja, ja.

Guest extherium

I'm listening to it now.

Really, really good. Certainly one for the collection. Though not at all worth the extortionate price-tag for the collector edition.

Guest cult fiction

An album leaks over 10 days before the release date - obviously the best thing to do is ensure people have no legit channels by which to obtain it until the scheduled release date. :facepalm:

When are record labels going to adapt? Put that shit up on bleep right now in mp3/flac quality and let me pay for it...

Guest Calx Sherbet

I think eno just pulled the earth from under my feet. Eno's rebirth

Have you listened to the four bonus tracks as well?

5 actually. but i wonder how easy they are to get

Guest Enter a new display name

I think we should give more credits to Jon Hopkins and the other guy who contributed to this album.

You don't even know the second collaborator's name. You ain't giving him more credits than any of us.

An album leaks over 10 days before the release date - obviously the best thing to do is ensure people have no legit channels by which to obtain it until the scheduled release date. :facepalm:

When are record labels going to adapt? Put that shit up on bleep right now in mp3/flac quality and let me pay for it...

i agree, its unreal that this continues.

I think we should give more credits to Jon Hopkins and the other guy who contributed to this album.

You don't even know the second collaborator's name. You ain't giving him more credits than any of us.

I said we should.

it's hard to adapt when it comes to the typical way of marketing something. Labels need a buffer for some press buzz to be going about something before it comes out. I almost look at this as a way to hype up the person's own imagination. If the album or product was availible the moment the first review or mention of it came out in the press, the imagination bubble would burst much more quickly for some people. This way you can create a mental image of what the album sounds like in someone's head and they can imprint that onto the actual material when they hear it and most likely it will increase their appreciation for it

it's hard to adapt when it comes to the typical way of marketing something. Labels need a buffer for some press buzz to be going about something before it comes out. I almost look at this as a way to hype up the person's own imagination. If the album or product was availible the moment the first review or mention of it came out in the press, the imagination bubble would burst much more quickly for some people. This way you can create a mental image of what the album sounds like in someone's head and they can imprint that onto the actual material when they hear it and most likely it will increase their appreciation for it

i understand this but he is saying when it leaks they should sell the digital files immediately

Whoa, never noticed this bit on this page before:

Bonus CD Track Titles

Included with the Limited Edition and Collectors' Edition Box Sets.

1. Surfacing

2. Square Chain

3. Bimini Twist

4. Abandoned Ship

So, until new shit comes to light, here's what we know about the bonus tracks:

Surfacing: box sets only

Square Chain: box sets, Rough Trade bonus CD

Bimini Twist: box sets, Rough Trade bonus CD

Abandoned Ship: box sets only

Invisible: Japanese CD & iTunes, Rough Trade bonus CD

Loose Rein: iTunes only (seems to require that you buy the whole album, at least in Japan -- the only place where it's out yet)

Archived