IGNORED

STOP THE MOSQUE AT GROUND ZERO

awepittance

the onion said it best: "freedom of speech, freedom of assembly used to protest freedom of religion."

it's gotten quite ridiculous.

That is so good. Almost as good as

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

the usa racism wasn't "cured" by placing black communities inside of kkk'ist areas as far as i know.

oh you're right, of course. we should just go back to segregation because obviously this hasn't helped a bit. i cannot roll my eyes hard enough.

nothing rallies people to a cause like impossibly shitty quasi-country-rock sung through a USB mic accompanied with fucking windows moviemaker graphics.

thanks, music. i quit.

the usa racism wasn't "cured" by placing black communities inside of kkk'ist areas as far as i know.

oh you're right, of course. we should just go back to segregation because obviously this hasn't helped a bit. i cannot roll my eyes hard enough.

no you're missing the point a bit, placing a mosque in there (even if it's not really IN there) is a big fuck you and very undemocratic and draconian.

to correct the previous post a bit, to fight racism whites and blacks weren't forcedto interact correctly under the eyes of the law. i know very little but i guess it was a gradual process, a transformation of the discourse..

Guest disparaissant

no you're missing the point a bit, placing a mosque in there (even if it's not really IN there) is a big fuck you and very undemocratic and draconian.

to correct the previous post a bit, to fight racism whites and blacks weren't forcedto interact correctly under the eyes of the law. i know very little but i guess it was a gradual process, a transformation of the discourse..

there's a mosque 4 blocks in the other direction. no one gives a fuck. no one's forcing it. the only people who have a problem with this do not live in the area and are distorting the issue to an insane degree.

undemocratic and draconian is saying "no, our constitution doesn't matter. since 19 members of your religion flew planes into a building close to here, ALL OF YOU ARE AWFUL AND CANNOT WORSHIP HOW YOU SEE FIT."

Guest acknowledgeandproceed

ignorant or not, shouldn't their feelings be taken into consideration ?

Christ yes, but only after they discover that they have been terribly misinformed, bred, and fed lies by a system based these days on mindless consumer drone-song...

These aren't bad people, these aren't something as simple as racists or xenophobes... these people come from decades of government being a corporate shill.

I still don't understand the hubbub.. I thought Shock and Awe wiped out all the muslims? What was all that Mission Accomplished stuff about then?

there's a mosque 4 blocks in the other direction. no one gives a fuck. no one's forcing it. the only people who have a problem with this do not live in the area and are distorting the issue to an insane degree.

undemocratic and draconian is saying "no, our constitution doesn't matter. since 19 members of your religion flew planes into a building close to here, ALL OF YOU ARE AWFUL AND CANNOT WORSHIP HOW YOU SEE FIT."

it's a total drummed up wedge issue, the fact that mosques or islamic centers have existed in downtown manhattan since 9/11 with no problems goes to show how artificial these complaints are. I'm not saying people aren't genuinely upset, but they are upset based on misinformation.

this isn't just happening in NY either, when a mosque was proposed in my home town of pleasanton california there was a protest.

you can't really judge people's feeling as retarded as they might look, you can't know how genuine they are either. right now there are thousands of those who oppose this thing wherever it is and your only solution is to build that shit upon those retards. constitution is a paper, reality is reality.

but they are upset based on misinformation.

we're getting somewhere

Guest disparaissant

you can't really judge people's feeling as retarded as they might look, you can't know how genuine they are either. right now there are thousands of those who oppose this thing wherever it is and your only solution is to build that shit upon those retards. constitution is a paper, reality is reality.

but they are upset based on misinformation.

we're getting somewhere

you've obviously really got no concept of what's really going on so i'm not going to bother.

instead i will just post this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co7m0yN6Ndo

Guest disparaissant

seemed like i have information to say "hey, wait a minute" :shrug:

erroneously. the simple fact is, we have the freedom to worship whoever we want wherever we want in this country. if you say "hey waitaminnit, you can't build a mosque there because of X reason," you are opening up that argument for EVERYONE. freedom is like pregnancy, you're either completely pregnant or not at all pregnant. you're either all for freedoms or not at all for freedoms. there's no room for in-between.

and again, none of this changes the fact that it's NOT a mosque, and it's NOT at ground zero, and the people there DON'T care, and it's just an election year wedge issue.

Guest disparaissant

Americans love 9/11. At least the ones who didnt loose family. Gives them a pretty face for their racism.

pretty much! they can even extend it now, like that black dude in the video awepittance posted or saying "B. HSUSEIN OBONGO IS A SEEKRIT MUSLIN!"

well ok, you're making yourself clear..its just that your treat usa constitution and those basic democratic values a bit..religiously, i

thats pretty easy to say when you live in a country that has an entire province which citizens are treated as second class

do you also question why in America we allow people of different religions to marry each other? Since Israel doesn't allow it for whatever reason should i now question that law and it's validity?

Guest disparaissant

well ok, you're making yourself clear..its just that your treat usa constitution and those basic democratic values a bit..religiously, if i might say so. i just don't think that this kind of argument should ever be closed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glUf4PQ-vuU&feature=search

well i don't want to pull out the whole "first they came for the x..." argument on an israeli, but that's how it works.

ignorant or not, shouldn't their feelings be taken into consideration ?

Their feelings WERE taken into consideration. It is through consideration of their feelings that the sheer idiocy of their stance becomes so blatantly apparent.

well ok, you're making yourself clear..its just that your treat usa constitution and those basic democratic values a bit..religiously, i

thats pretty easy to say when you live in a country that has an entire province which citizens are treated as second class

do you also question why in America we allow people of different religions to marry each other? Since Israel doesn't allow it for whatever reason should i now question that law and it's validity?

i do have the ability to vote for a parties that put it as an objective to weaken the religious institutions..actually did vote twice for such.

but you look like you're stomping on this principle - "their opinion is irrelevant because they're retarded".

question everything, that's the best thing to do, weren't you mad when 70k new yorkers that signed that petition for 911 investigation were practically ignored ?

well ok, you're making yourself clear..its just that your treat usa constitution and those basic democratic values a bit..religiously, if i might say so. i just don't think that this kind of argument should ever be closed.

well i don't want to pull out the whole "first they came for the x..." argument on an israeli, but that's how it works.

i don't get it, what kind of argument exactly are you talking about ?

it's not even a mosque, it's just a community center, and there's another one down the street. people certainly didn't take issue with strip clubs popping up around ground zero. americans and american news media are retarded.

also obama backpeddling after his statement was a big misstep. if he's going to embrace this then he needs to do so wholeheartedly. people are completely forgetting the context this is happening in. it isn't just about the families of the victims, and the implication that this is hallowed ground and a mosque somehow desecrates that is inherently racist and xenophobic.

Archived