IGNORED

Wagon Christ Solid Steel mix

Solo Strike

This week’s Ninja Tune XX giveaway is another, totally exclusive, unreleased mix from the Solid Steel archives. Wagon Christ (AKA West Country dance music legend Luke Vibert) handed in this mix in 2004 to much excitement. Featuring music from artists as diverse as Japan, Arp Life, Brian Eno and White Noise, it did what all great mixes do; recontextualise seemingly disparate music and show commonality in unexpected places. It also seemed firmly imprinted with the musical attitude and style of the pioneering Vibert. Listen to production of Japan’s ‘Ghosts,’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking it the work of a cutting edge, contemporary electronica artist. Unfortunately, Ninja Tune were unable to release the mix due to regrettably common licensing issues, bit it means we’re giving it away free now!

There will be a new Wagon Christ track on the Ninja Tune XX compilation, and a full new album coming soon.

This came with the mix though...

No info really apart from what I said... no tracklisting is out there as far as I know... there's a cover JPG floating about

large.jpg?

what's with the serato image at the top of that pic?

No info really apart from what I said... no tracklisting is out there as far as I know... there's a cover JPG floating about

large.jpg?

Solid Steel is sponsored by serato these days :facepalm:

large.jpg?

Solid Steel is sponsored by serato these days :facepalm:

lolzzzzzz

Here's the INFO.txt I put together:

XXEN014 - The Wagon Christ Solid Steel Mix

28 Jun 2010, 21:23

This week's Ninja Tune XX giveaway is another, totally exclusive, unreleased mix from the Solid Steel archives. Wagon Christ (AKA West Country dance music legend Luke Vibert) handed in this mix in 2004 to much excitement. Featuring music from artists as diverse as Japan, Arp Life, Brian Eno and White Noise, it did what all great mixes do; recontextualise seemingly disparate music and show commonality in unexpected places. It also seemed firmly imprinted with the musical attitude and style of the pioneering Vibert. Listen to production of Japan's 'Ghosts,' and you'd be forgiven for thinking it the work of a cutting edge, contemporary electronica artist. Unfortunately, Ninja Tune were unable to release the mix due to regrettably common licensing issues, bit it means we're giving it away free now!

There will be a new Wagon Christ track on the Ninja Tune XX compilation, and a full new album coming soon.

Tracklist:

White Noise - Love Without Sound

Japan - Ghosts

Drexiya - Bang

Think Tank - Hack One

John Fox - Mr No

Jazzy Jason - Faster Than Fast

Martin Denny - Left Arm of the Buddha (Wagon Christ breakage no.4)

Hugo Montenegro - Too High

Vulcans - Star Trek

Arp Life - Bu Bu

Zodiac Disco Alliance - Pacific

Orbit III - Orbit III

unnamed - Gee Whiz!!

Richard Denton & Martin Cook - Tomorrow's World

Brian Eno and Snatch - R.A.F.

Don Harper - The Fiddle Chop

Tom Dissevelt & Kid Baltan - Vibration

Giampero Boneschi - Lovely Lowrey

Fusion - Truth Over Falsehood

Soundmurderer & SK One - Badman

Men 2-A [men] - [men 2]

Here's the INFO.txt I put together:

XXEN014 - The Wagon Christ Solid Steel Mix

28 Jun 2010, 21:23

This week's Ninja Tune XX giveaway is another, totally exclusive, unreleased mix from the Solid Steel archives. Wagon Christ (AKA West Country dance music legend Luke Vibert) handed in this mix in 2004 to much excitement. Featuring music from artists as diverse as Japan, Arp Life, Brian Eno and White Noise, it did what all great mixes do; recontextualise seemingly disparate music and show commonality in unexpected places. It also seemed firmly imprinted with the musical attitude and style of the pioneering Vibert. Listen to production of Japan's 'Ghosts,' and you'd be forgiven for thinking it the work of a cutting edge, contemporary electronica artist. Unfortunately, Ninja Tune were unable to release the mix due to regrettably common licensing issues, bit it means we're giving it away free now!

Tracklist:

White Noise - Love Without Sound

Japan - Ghosts

Drexiya - Bang

Think Tank - Hack One

John Fox - Mr No

Jazzy Jason - Faster Than Fast

Martin Denny - Left Arm of the Buddha (Wagon Christ breakage no.4)

Hugo Montenegro - Too High

Vulcans - Star Trek

Arp Life - Bu Bu

Zodiac Disco Alliance - Pacific

Orbit III - Orbit III

unnamed - Gee Whiz!!

Richard Denton & Martin Cook - Tomorrow's World

Brian Eno and Snatch - R.A.F.

Don Harper - The Fiddle Chop

Tom Dissevelt & Kid Baltan - Vibration

Giampero Boneschi - Lovely Lowrey

Fusion - Truth Over Falsehood