IGNORED

Apple's Ping

Joyrex

so after all that talk of compilations, i just imported the hadron collider album as a compilation and my johnny greenwood controller compilation disappeared :facepalm:

edit: also i have noticed the art on my iphone being wrong a lot now and not what it was before. i just played the autechre fact mix on the way to work and the associated art was my phones background. wtf

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooh a big thread of shit i would hate talking about extensively

And yet you felt the need to stick your nose in and contribute exactly nothing. well done!

Gordo - in that case, i know the average windows user - their machines are full of spyware and malware and people like them are at least partially responsible for the massive amount of spam on the net.

yeah, however it's not that they do it intentionally, but you do choose to use a piece of software. it's one thing to learn to distrust dubious sources and another to distrust a software like itunes with your data.

It's Tipper Gore, guys. She's controlling Al and Al's controlling the rest of the Apple BoD (Tipper and Al split jus' so's you don't suspect it). HALP US ZOMBIE FRANK ZAPPA!

PLAISE H-HALP

multipass

am i the only one who noticed you can only recommend songs from albums that don't have parental advisories?

lol that's some serious bullshit. big time fail, there's a difference between not selling adult apps and not allowing a user to like something with naughty naughty words in it.

Guest AcrossCanyons

fyi to sort the "hundered artists with only one song" compilations problem, just assign the album artist name as the same. e.g. vanilla sky ost or whatever. keeps all the artists names etc correct but they'll be under "vanilla sky ost" when searching for the artist.

don't know if somebody always mentioned this but I've not read the past few pages.

i have started to abandon that as of recently, but early on, in my 2nd gen ipod days, i tried to keep that very streamlined and always searched by artist. it was annoying as hell to have 13 artists for one album especially when i wanted to listen to that album.

I do find it annoying when I add a comp to my iPod to listen to at work or on the go, that when I'm scrolling through artists to find other stuff to play, the list is cluttered. But when browsing iTunes on my desktop, it's no bother because of the way I have it sorted...the comp is grouped.

fyi to sort the "hundered artists with only one song" compilations problem, just assign the album artist name as the same. e.g. vanilla sky ost or whatever. keeps all the artists names etc correct but they'll be under "vanilla sky ost" when searching for the artist.

don't know if somebody always mentioned this but I've not read the past few pages.

Ah good call, I forgot about this. This is what I do for DJ mixes, Remix comps (like Aphex and Plaid), etc.

I like Apple, I have most of their products (imac/macbook/ipod classic/iphone 4/apple tv/itunes) and have had no problems with their stuff so far (been a few years) but this Ping thing really doesn't interest me much.. last.fm need the credit they deserve.. they are fantastic I find (apart from charging customers radio time now..) but yeah I wonder what Ping will turn into it.. I tried it out and am not impressed so far.

am i the only one who noticed you can only recommend songs from albums that don't have parental advisories?

Are you serious? Wow Mr. Jobs, you're an idiot. And lets face it.. even the word "crap" or "hell" is considered bad language in the US - good luck.

Apple announced iTunes 10 with a major new feature - Ping - which allows you to share, communicate and see what other people are listening too, going to concerts, etc. Think of it as a Facebook for music.

Apple's done it again, I think!

hi, i use myspace and soundcloud have fun hanging with apple users (omG) and people roped in through owning an iphone. (hopes this thing DIES)

Guest no carrier

It's Tipper Gore, guys. She's controlling Al and Al's controlling the rest of the Apple BoD (Tipper and Al split jus' so's you don't suspect it). HALP US ZOMBIE FRANK ZAPPA!

PLAISE H-HALP

what's that? tipper gore, you say?

TipperBig2.jpg

something's certainly warming, but i don't think it's the planet.

just downloaded the new version of itunes... it's so ugly. seriously, who designed this? all grey is not good. it hurts the eyes and it makes it hard to read the track lists. yes, i think the little blue tick boxes next to the song names probably helped my eyes. oh well, guess i'm stuck with this now.

oh god, i just clicked on "library" in itunes. why do they keep insisting on implementing album covers in everything? i fucking hate coverflow because i can't stand seeing five albums with "?" instead of art and then an album with art. and i am NOT going to look up the album art for all the random shit i have on my computer.

so i guess i won't use the library anymore, because seeing the columns so messy bugs me out. great. the track numbers aren't pretty either, it looks like random sequences of numbers down the side because my collection of music is so disjointed. i think they had that before though for playlists, but not for the library?

oh god, i just clicked on "library" in itunes. why do they keep insisting on implementing album covers in everything? i fucking hate coverflow because i can't stand seeing five albums with "?" instead of art and then an album with art. and i am NOT going to look up the album art for all the random shit i have on my computer.

so i guess i won't use the library anymore, because seeing the columns so messy bugs me out. great. the track numbers aren't pretty either, it looks like random sequences of numbers down the side because my collection of music is so disjointed. i think they had that before though for playlists, but not for the library?

if you display your music in "song list" format it doesn't display the track numbers or the album covers, just the tracks sorted how you like them, unless i'm misunderstanding.

i'm not digging the all-grey look though.

if you display your music in "song list" format it doesn't display the track numbers or the album covers, just the tracks sorted how you like them, unless i'm misunderstanding.

i'm not digging the all-grey look though.

ah, thank you!

Archived