IGNORED

Cassette walkmans prices skyrocket.

spratters

My cd player has 2 tape decks :happy:

This I still have my 1st sony one from when I was a boy.(I was gonna find a pic, but theyre mp3 players are "walkmans" too)

my Hi-MD is a Walkman too

i have a couple of walkmans. i don't know why anyone would want one. tapes sound like shit. i guess if you really need to hear some cassette only forty minute drone release that requires the fetishism of a collectible to be worth buying, maybe. it's just really odd when people argue all day about mp3 files degrading music and then turn around and release on a medium with really low fidelity because it's trendy and creates immediate demand.

lol bang on the money.

they evoke some strong nostalgia though, like wearing out cassette copies of Paul's Boutique and Ten, getting tapes stuck in the car cassette player (the line in "The Last Boy Scout" about 'it eats the fucking tape' held so much truth lol), great mix tapes from and for friends (also mix tapes were great for getting in the good graces of members of the female sex)...first band release was on cassette, still, glad the format is gone from my life though.

i chickened out and didn't buy this walkman at the second hand store. i def should have, i mena, just LOOK at it.

BIG_My%20First%20Sony%20Radio%20Casette%20Player%20WM-F3030.JPG

i used to have this exact one, many years ago

it has a little transparent window on the back so you can see the internal workings, too.

Archived