IGNORED

D'Demonstrator released! On I-tunes!

Guest teetime

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a decent album that'd I'd play occasionally. Not my favorite Tom, but my favorite is still back from Feed Me Weird Things, so it's not like I planned to hear that.

Into the Blue is a very satisfying track, as is the second track (Laser Rock or whatever) for me.

i respect mr t for doing something similar like lidell did with multiply. but multiply was actually an album i liked and was something more than a novelty, imo. this, i've got a hard head of whether it's going to be more than next week hipster's t-shirt. it's well-crafted, but i don't see much lasting power. and besides, i don't like it that much either.

too much hipster, not enough pusher.

In the middle of listening to it. But already, I think if I were to compile The Best Of Squarepusher, Into The Blue would probably be on there.

To me the big issue is with the obnoxious sounding 909, it doesn't work for all tracks, wished he varied the drums kits.

Agreed, the gabber kick sounds so out of place in a number of the tunes.

Hey Tom, you have an entire fucking studio, change up the drums a lil' plskthxbye.

<3 your pal,

hautlle

First listen and I'll say it's 'okay'. It's got its moments, and I do love Megazine, but seriously - what the fuck is up with the drums? Come on Tom, we know you're better than that.

First listen and I'll say it's 'okay'. It's got its moments, and I do love Megazine, but seriously - what the fuck is up with the drums? Come on Tom, we know you're better than that.

yeah i have the same thoughts about the drums. it's a good collection of pop songs, some acoustic drumming would have been nice, especially since this is supposed to be a 'band'.

Finally found this... just had my first listen and I actually quite like it! The vocoder may be a bit overdone, and many of the songs seem pretty simple... but it works. The only negative is that the drums are pretty uninspired all around. I'm glad he's trying something new, though, as I wasn't a huge fan of JAS.

If the Pusher ends this hokey, silly, phase he's going through at the moment, I'll probably look back at it as an interesting diversion. I'm just worried he's lost his damn mind, as it would be kind of a waste if he completely stopped making his own brand of really badass music. I like some of these tracks, but still.

You gotta miss the old :squarepusher_logo:

Guest cult fiction

On the drive to work this morning I put on DMX Krew "I Can't Control the Feeling" after Shobaleader... and Shobaleader was owned hard.

Edit: And by "I Can't Control the Feeling" I meant "Get Down (To The Sound)"... although "I Can't Control the Feeling" owns Shobaleader at its own game as well...

No I dont, ive got old Squarepusher in my collection and ive got new.

I do too. The discouraging thing is that the new stuff mostly sounds like a bad joke.

Archived