IGNORED

cLOUDDEAD appreciation thread

chaosmachine

cLOUDDEAD - cLOUDDEAD is one of the greatest albums of all time. seriously, if you don't have this album, it should be your next purchase. it's such a cohesive collection of tracks. amazing flow, no misses. sounds like nothing else. you can listen to it a hundred times and always find something new to appreciate.

[youtubehd]UwGnpIX1I0M[/youtubehd]

My favorite track is Apt A (2) still as weird and beautiful as when I first heard it. Sounds like RZA on codeine with cartoon pixies chattering away on top - and it has a proficient blender solo. Theres a bit in the middle where a guys voice comes out of the distance saying 'all things change, nothing remains' which always really creeps me out.

also, i've come to the conclusion that i don't like subtle as a solo artist

subtle is a band with 6 members or something. but not my favorite either.

the clouddead album is an all time favorite of mine too. it's as endearing and nostalgic to me as the best boards of canada material. ten is good too but this one has a more satisfying atmosphere.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to thank the dude who started this thread. I read this weeks ago when first posted, decided to buy it and ever since then my ears have been investing a lot of time listening to the genius of it all.

Ten out of fucking ten. An amazing discovery.

I like WHY?'s solo stuff more than cLOUDDEAD, although with the latest album it's getting ever more into hipster indie rock territory

I'm so disappointed in Eskimo Snow. That album was boring/not very Why?-y. Sand Dollars EP is so good!

Yes, cLOUDDEAD was great. All three of the artists are excellent on their own too.

Guest Scrambled Ears

i bought the ep with the boc remix in a shop the other day and the store keeper was telling me that he prefers their earlier stuff to ten but he was saying that there is one ep (the most rare) from the collections of early stuff that is really above and beyond the rest. anyone know precisely which this is?

Guest igloos unlmtd

the 1st album was great. I have all of the 10" records & I love looking at the artwork. Always liked the CD too, with those red clouds - brings back great memories of those cold Ohio times.

I also liked the Boom Bip remix, credited as Clouddead but it was really just Yoni.

Afterwards everyone had a hodge podge of good tunes in various groups.

I probably liked the Nosdam stuff the best, but I might be a little biased there.

Someday they'll make another album again & I think it will be better than Ten.

Guest igloos unlmtd

i bought the ep with the boc remix in a shop the other day and the store keeper was telling me that he prefers their earlier stuff to ten but he was saying that there is one ep (the most rare) from the collections of early stuff that is really above and beyond the rest. anyone know precisely which this is?

Hmmm... I think about this.

But, one thing people might be interested in is there is an instrumental version of the 1st album floating around. I think they ended up releasing it at some point as a limited edition or something I can't remember... I haven't listened to it in a while but I remember some of the edits being slightly different & it being a fun listen.

My favorite track is Apt A (2) still as weird and beautiful as when I first heard it. Sounds like RZA on codeine with cartoon pixies chattering away on top - and it has a proficient blender solo. Theres a bit in the middle where a guys voice comes out of the distance saying 'all things change, nothing remains' which always really creeps me out.

This!

Apt A is my favourite of the 10"s as well, but they're all unforgettable in their own way. I would love to get all the 10" releases, but I can't afford them either.. I'm just glad I managed to score the 12" compilation new for a good deal.

But, one thing people might be interested in is there is an instrumental version of the 1st album floating around. I think they ended up releasing it at some point as a limited edition or something I can't remember... I haven't listened to it in a while but I remember some of the edits being slightly different & it being a fun listen.

I don't think any of the edits are different. I appreciated the originals a lot more after hearing the instrumentals. The last song on the Apartment LP is one of my favorites now.

I don't really listen to them anymore, but back in the day, I would smoke and be really tripped out by the s/t compilation.

sound of a handshake fuck yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgJ3HPnu6hw

rapping4money is kind of a similar song. i posted this a while ago but as it is the only recent material by them under the name clouddead it probably fits in this thread too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQ-QAbG21M

Archived