IGNORED

The Dark Knight Rises

Rubin Farr

if they did some shortening and refining of the comic book post knighfall knightquest/knightsend storyline it cold be really interesting. Bruce Wayne gives up the mantle of batman passing it along to Azrael, aka Jean-Paul Valley and returns to Gotham to find Azrael has basically become an out of control vigilante. A batman Vs batman fight scene in the batcave would be a great ending. it could possible erase the black mark on super hero movie history where superman fights clark kent in Superman 3

here is a spoiler

Valley is given a job as a security guard at WayneTech headquarters, and also becomes an apprentice crimefighter alongside Batman and Robin, learning basic detective work.

Valley plays a pivotal role in the "Knightfall" story arc (1992–1994), in which he stands in as Batman after Bruce Wayne is defeated and paralyzed at the hands of Bane. Against ruce Wayne's orders, Valley fights and defeats Bane, wearing an enhanced battle-armour he designed and built under the influence of the System.

His(jean-paul valley) performance as Batman is influenced by his Azrael conditioning; he grows increasingly violent, allowing the mass murderer Abattoir to fall to his death, thereby also allowing one of Abattoir's still-living hostages to die. Valley also has control problems with Tim Drake's partnership, which climax when Valley almost strangles him to death and bans him from the Batcave. He holes off the Batcave from Wayne Manor and the Drake property, and eschews working with Commissioner Gordon and the Gotham police.

Initially, Wayne is impressed enough with Valley's results to let him remain as Batman, but when Drake tells Wayne of Abattoir's death, he resolves to reclaim the Batman mantle. With his back repaired thanks to the sacrifice of Doctor Shondra Kinsolving, and his fighting instincts rehabilitated after lessons with Lady Shiva, Wayne goes after Valley to reclaim his identity. After a prolonged battle, stretching from a mobster's penthouse to Gotham Bridge before culminating in a final showdown in the Batcave, Valley is forced to remove his armour, subsequently departing Wayne Manor after acknowledging Bruce Wayne as the true Batman.[3]

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this thread made me order Arkham Asylum, Year One, The Dark Knight Returns and the Killing Joke as I've heard so much about them. Hopefully they'll be delivered tomorrow.

Can't see how you won't be at least greatly impressed with that lot, if not blown away (as we used to say when I was a youth).

Guest Backson

by the way, that's CLEARLY not the name they are going to use.

you don't name a movie TWO YEARS in advance.

you tend to give it a PRODUCTION TITLE, something that is simple that people will KNOW WHAT MOVIE YOU'RE WORKING ON.

stupid watturm

• 2 months later...
Guest Gary C

Allegedly the draft script has a deadline for tomorrow. God knows how anybody claims to know this, or whether scripts for massive blockbusters really have deadlines (I doubt it).

But filming is alleged to begin in May, so I guess they give themselves a window for contracts and rewrites.

There's strong talk of LA and the UK being filming locations, as well as one yet un-named city. As the first two were filmed in Chicago, I'd bet on that, but there's talk of New Orleans too. Ghetto Batman.

Rumours: No Two-Face, which surprises me as I really thought he wasn't dead. No Joker, which I also struggle to believe and reckon they'll both be heavily alluded to if not seen directly.

Loosely based on Prey, in which Hugo Strange (Tom Hardy) is the main villian who uncovers Batman's identity and has a psychological battle with him as he's being hounded by cops. Prey includes some Catwoman too; Natalie Portman's been ruled out by Anne Hathaway has also been mentioned.

Blah.

temp2490.jpg

Tom Hardy spotted with a shaven head.

Talia Al Ghul pretty much confirmed. And there's a little talk about Bane making an appearance.

I'd figure if he's mentioned at all it's as a bit-part character, probably a drug-addled patient of Hugo Strange. It would be nice if he actually breaks Batman though.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29929

Well, that settles that, then. Warner Bros. has just announced that Anne Hathaway has won the race to star in The Dark Knight Rises... as Selina Kyle. Also known as Catwoman. “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story," said director Christopher Nolan in a press release.

And, in the same release, WB and Christopher Nolan confirmed that the role Tom Hardy will play in the eagerly-awaited Batman threequel is Bane, the muscle-bound super-steroidal freak who, in the comics, once broke Batman's back. “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

This represents a flood of information for a Christopher Nolan Bat-movie, and gives us plenty to chew on. We can't wait to see Nolan's take on the twisted relationship between Batman and the capricious Cat - and Hathaway certainly has the chops, and the curves, to fill out the catsuit. Intriguingly, Catwoman isn't mentioned in the WB press release, but with Nolan openly admitting that this is the end of his Bat-tale, it's hard to imagine that Kyle won't become Catwoman at some point in the film.

Still, heck of a year for Hathaway, what with this and her gig hosting the Oscars...

Bane is more interesting. Once again, Nolan is going down the multiple villains route - as he did with Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins, and The Joker and Two-Face in The Dark Knight. But we're intrigued by what he and the magnificent Hardy will bring to the role of Bane, a character who could be laughable in the wrong hands (see Batman & Robin for proof). Will this Bane be more cerebral than the grunting hulk of Schumacherville? Or will he represent the first very real physical threat to Christian Bale's Bat in the trilogy?

Update: As some have pointed out, Bane in the comics is far from a grunting hulk, but a schemer who just happens to have more muscles than your average issue of Men's Health. So, when it comes to battling The Bat, he could have the perfect combination of brains and brawn...

So, what do you think? Happy with these choices? Has the Caped Crusader got enough on his plate with Catwoman and Bane to contend with, or does Nolan have another villainous surprise up his sleeve?

I wasn't expecting that. I'm still not keen on Catwoman, Talia would have been enough for me. And I really thought they'd go with Hugo Strange, but hey, Bane's in it so he's probably going to break Batman.

Less excited than I thought I'd be, but whatever, cool.

I don't know about Hathaway as the Catwoman. Her face looks like it's melting.

Hahaha, good one. Her features are fucking huge. HUGE! You can't put a finger on her face without touching either her eyes, mouth, ears, or nose.

Btw. this is the Catwoman I want:

NSFW!

How fucking awesome would that be?

if they did the knightfall storyline it could be superb, they could do cameos of two-face, joker and scarecrow breaking out of Arkham

they've never done an Empire Strikes back style ending on any of these superhero movies yet. The last scene of the Dark Knight rises should be a stubbly bruce wayne in his robe back broken in a puddle of his own blood and vomit

speaking of which, this is one of the best fan made things i've ever seen

he got threatened with a lawsuit unless he took the music down, not as cool as before but still worth watching. It's the entire Knightfall story line in 1:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbO1uU39GPo

am i the only one who thinks that the tim burton versions are way cooler than these new pretentious ice ninja hoarse ones???

i like the tim burton ones, not so much Batman Returns, i feel both of Nolan's batmans are superior to Returns, but his movies don't hold up to the original Batman for me. I thought Nicholson was a better joker, so many good one liners in that movie by him. I also think Michael Keaton is a far better batman and bruce wayne. Bruce wayne is not supposed to be an attractive dashing young man with great social skills. He's a reclusive rich genius more akin to Howard hughes, and i appreciated that Burton channeled this perfectly in Part 1. From the moment you first 'meet' him at the party where he explains all those weird suits of armor it's pretty awesome, to the scene where he tells the joker 'you want to get nuts, LETS GET NUTS '

yeah i like the 'pencil trick' scene but come on, this is much better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n4s-lkYm0w

i like the tim burton ones, not so much Batman Returns, i feel both of Nolan's batmans are superior to Returns, but his movies don't hold up to the original Batman for me. I thought Nicholson was a better joker, so many good one liners in that movie by him. I also think Michael Keaton is a far better batman and bruce wayne. Bruce wayne is not supposed to be an attractive dashing young man with great social skills. He's a reclusive rich genius more akin to Howard hughes, and i appreciated that Burton channeled this perfectly in Part 1. From the moment you first 'meet' him at the party where he explains all those weird suits of armor it's pretty awesome, to the scene where he tells the joker 'you want to get nuts, LETS GET NUTS '

a friend of mine who's really into the bd's told me that these new versions portray much better the original bd's

i also didn't like this new cocky version of bruce wayne

Archived