IGNORED

The Dark Knight Rises

Rubin Farr

speaking of which, this is one of the best fan made things i've ever seen

he got threatened with a lawsuit unless he took the music down, not as cool as before but still worth watching. It's the entire Knightfall story line in 1:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbO1uU39GPo

am i the only one who thinks that the tim burton versions are way cooler than these new pretentious ice ninja hoarse ones???

i like the tim burton ones, not so much Batman Returns, i feel both of Nolan's batmans are superior to Returns, but his movies don't hold up to the original Batman for me. I thought Nicholson was a better joker, so many good one liners in that movie by him. I also think Michael Keaton is a far better batman and bruce wayne. Bruce wayne is not supposed to be an attractive dashing young man with great social skills. He's a reclusive rich genius more akin to Howard hughes, and i appreciated that Burton channeled this perfectly in Part 1. From the moment you first 'meet' him at the party where he explains all those weird suits of armor it's pretty awesome, to the scene where he tells the joker 'you want to get nuts, LETS GET NUTS '

a friend of mine who's really into the bd's told me that these new versions portray much better the original bd's

i also didn't like this new cocky version of bruce wayne

bd= batman?

i mean it really depends on what era of the comic book you're talking about. You can make an argument that the Adam West 60's batman series was the most 'accurate' adaptation of the batman universe for it's time, it had all the campy elements, the comedy the silliness of the comics from that earlier era.

people who say Nolan's batman is more 'accurat'e portrayal of Batman are kind of idiotic. Try to find an issue from every decade (40s, 50s, 60s, 70s) of batman and it's an entirely different style and tone.

pinkbatman.jpg lol

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Keaton is probably my favorite Batman. Christian Bale's acting was a bit stiff in the new movies. I liked Batman Returns a lot more than the first one. First of all, for the cinematography and color scheme. It looks so much like a black and white movie, and I love large contrast in visuals. Catwoman looked sexy as hell, and Danny DeVito was great in it. I love his death scene where he has all that black blood coming from his mouth.

Plus "Hell here" made out of "Hello There" when Selina Kyle finally loses it.

I loved the Dark Knight, too. The score was fantastic.

speaking of which, this is one of the best fan made things i've ever seen

he got threatened with a lawsuit unless he took the music down, not as cool as before but still worth watching. It's the entire Knightfall story line in 1:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbO1uU39GPo

am i the only one who thinks that the tim burton versions are way cooler than these new pretentious ice ninja hoarse ones???

i like the tim burton ones, not so much Batman Returns, i feel both of Nolan's batmans are superior to Returns, but his movies don't hold up to the original Batman for me. I thought Nicholson was a better joker, so many good one liners in that movie by him. I also think Michael Keaton is a far better batman and bruce wayne. Bruce wayne is not supposed to be an attractive dashing young man with great social skills. He's a reclusive rich genius more akin to Howard hughes, and i appreciated that Burton channeled this perfectly in Part 1. From the moment you first 'meet' him at the party where he explains all those weird suits of armor it's pretty awesome, to the scene where he tells the joker 'you want to get nuts, LETS GET NUTS '

a friend of mine who's really into the bd's told me that these new versions portray much better the original bd's

i also didn't like this new cocky version of bruce wayne

bd= batman?

i mean it really depends on what era of the comic book you're talking about. You can make an argument that the Adam West 60's batman series was the most 'accurate' adaptation of the batman universe for it's time, it had all the campy elements, the comedy the silliness of the comics from that earlier era.

people who say Nolan's batman is more 'accurat'e portrayal of Batman are kind of idiotic. Try to find an issue from every decade (40s, 50s, 60s, 70s) of batman and it's an entirely different style and tone.

pinkbatman.jpg

yeah my friend is kind of idiotic so , there

in my defense i always say that, a "serious" batman is dull, if you know what i mean...

yeah it's pretty silly, you can tell it was made for kids.

I don't know about that. It's not that it's inappropriate for children but it still has that typical fairy tale-darkish-Tim Burton-ish tone to it. But Oswald Cobblepot almost bites off a journalist's nose at one point and Michelle Pfeiffer moans 90% of the time (yes!). But yeah, overall it's just very silly.

i feel like nolan went too far with the last eighties frank miller tone of batman, the grittiness that's leaked into every comic and movie about comics since the dark knight returns was written. there's a time and place for that, but i'm pretty bored with it. the dark knight was about an hour longer than it needed to be. having said that, the tim burton movies have aged horribly. i really want a batman detective movie, and i was also hoping that the rumors about the penguin being portrayed by phillip seymour hoffman were true. the idea of catwoman, and then hathaway portraying her, just completely puts me off watching this. although i do like tom hardy, and bane is an interesting choice of villain. i'm not the biggest nolan fan, so i'm a bit biased, but this sounds like a shitty idea.

begins is ok, but the batman as ninja prologue was pretty retarded. it felt like a way to bait people into thinking it was badass purely by association. i don't need batman to be trained by ninjas.

devito character was awesome... but i remember when i first heard about penguin being in this movie, i was expecting a dapper looking clean penguin. I love how penguins parents at the beginning was pee wee herman and the waitress from pee wee's big adventure.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Wouldn't be surprised if she is only referred to as Selina Kyle and never as Catwoman. Have a little faith in Nolan. I guarantee it will be quite wicked if not more intense than The Dark Night.

I don't know anything about Hathaway, but yeah, she looks pretty curvy and hot. I guess Nolan picked the actress with the best Bale-chemistry, but I don't know, Bale seems so cold I can't imagine anyone having on-screen chemistry with him.

Archived