IGNORED

The Dark Knight Rises

Rubin Farr

another article on that site hints they might be looking for a female villain.

which would be interesting if it weren't for the fact that this is a modern superhero film, so she'd just end up being a ridiculously one dimensional latex vixen who'll look downright embarrassing next to the Joker.

if they could pull it off then I would be pleasantly surprised.

return of poison ivy?

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always wanted a good version of Clayface in live action... even if Christopher Nolan doesn't do him as science fictiony as the cartoon, it could be like an homage, like he's still an actor witha deformed face on a revenge quest.

But what I'd most like is Bullock... make the antagonist the police force, so not necessarily a clear cut "bad" guy.

I've watched the Dark Knight maybe 3 times and I'm still convinced that TwoFace isn't dead. I don't understand why some people think he is. He fell from a height that batman also survived, and TwoFace was pumped on painkillers as he was running around taking out mobsters.

TwoFace is alive, his death was a cover-up in order to save his White Knight image. He'll be in the third one, in Arkham with Scarecrow, but after banging his head hopefully he'll be a lot more insane.

I'd love it to be based on the Arkham Asylum comic, in that the Joker would draw Batman in to the nuthouse to face his demons. It would mean they could allude to a lot of classic enemies, get a really terrifying atmosphere brooding and maybe show a couple of them in the shadows. Then Bane could show up and break Batman. Batman should definitely die.

Tom Hardy to play the Joker in a minor-role? I think he could do it. I even think he looks a little similar. Having the Joker in Arkham would mean you could really fuck him up physically and get away with someone who isn't an exact double. I think going for a less-obvious actor to play the Joker would also be a good idea. Less expectation as everyone would be debating whether Depp was better than Ledger, etc. instead of paying attention to the film.

I would love the above to happen, but maybe it's a bit corny to drop in so many references. I'd certainly love the whole thing to be set in Arkham Asylum, all indoors. Claustrophic and scary.

No catwoman, please.

I hope its not bane, he was such a boring bad guy. Clay Face would be awesome. Mickey Raouke has the face....

joker-graphic-novel-20081017014642301.jpg

He was great in the animated series, recently downloaded thePhantasm, loved that film when i was younger, hope its still good.

225px-Clayface-Batman.jpg

I'd love it to be based on the Arkham Asylum comic, in that the Joker would draw Batman in to the nuthouse to face his demons. It would mean they could allude to a lot of classic enemies, get a really terrifying atmosphere brooding and maybe show a couple of them in the shadows. Then Bane could show up and break Batman. Batman should definitely die.

Damn, I think there's some mileage in that idea. And I love that original book. Hopefully Nolan will show some imagination, I was surprised when he used the Scarecrow character.

Damn, I think there's some mileage in that idea. And I love that original book. Hopefully Nolan will show some imagination, I was surprised when he used the Scarecrow character.

It's a great idea, but sadly they'd never make a film like that. The previous two are just too big, action packed blockbusterish.

I remember after The Dark Knight came out someone was saying that they'd love the third one to be really hallucinatory and crazy as it tracks Batmans mental state degrading. Like a David Lynch Batman movie, that'd be fucking awesome but it'd never happen either.

The Dark Knight Rises isn't a great name, but I can see why they'd keep the Dark Knight thing, as it was a departure from Batman Begins in that it was even more down to Earth (sorta). It was more grimy really, with gangsters and more gunplay, even down to the city aesthetically being different, featuring bland office buildings as opposed to the fantastical Gotham shown in Batman Begins. It was a good look that really worked, so I imagine Rises will have a similar aesthetic.

Anyway, this thread made me order Arkham Asylum, Year One, The Dark Knight Returns and the Killing Joke as I've heard so much about them. Hopefully they'll be delivered tomorrow.

Guest Backson

nah, word of god says that Two Face is dead. which is better for the story, unless they were going to take his character to new levels.

also, word of god says that the Joker isn't returning. This is a very smart move, bringing him back literally could not benefit the film whatsoever.

a "sexy" supervillian would be embarrassing. if Nolan played a supervillianess straight, that would be interesting.

i was discussing the Riddler as the next villian with someone the other day, and he just strikes me as very very similar to Joker. I just hope they give the villian to an interesting actor instead of one of those boring as fucking Americans that appear crap all the time. You know the ones, magazines and shit get all interested in and you wonder why cos they just play the straight character in forgettable action films and you wouldn't even remember their name.

whatever

nah, word of god says that Two Face is dead. which is better for the story, unless they were going to take his character to new levels.

Actually, word of god said that Harvey Dent was dead. Maybe it's reading into it too much, but that might imply he's fully become Two Face. Ie less emo, more psycho.

The film should have been all about him anyway, rather than a short section of Two-Face in the Dark Knight.

One of my friends thought of a realistic Mr Freeze, who has a similar background story (with his wife and all) but is otherwise a normal human being who tortures people with dry ice or something like that. That's be cool.

I second Ventriloquist, that would be pretty interesting. But as Obel mentioned, the movies are too actiony for something like that. That's why Clayface is perfect, he just has to be a big ugly guy really, doesn't really NEED mutant powers to be interesting. But I do like the idea of someone turning him into a monster.. the scene from his animated introduction where he was talking to his friend and all like "look at me, I'm hideous!" that was pretty heart breaking...

I've watched the Dark Knight maybe 3 times and I'm still convinced that TwoFace isn't dead. I don't understand why some people think he is.

it seems like he survives except all the people involved in the dark knight team even aaron eckhart says that they intended for Two Face to be dead at the end of the movie. If they resurrect him they are either all lying to not spoil the story or they will have to totally 180 on what they said.

i would be very pleased if they left two-face dead, they tacked him on lazily to the last 3rd of dark knight. The animated series nailed the Harvey Dent - two face transformation. I wasn't really happy with the sudden psychotic flip out he had where he decides to kidnap commissioner gordon's kids, at that point all suspension of disbelief is thrown out the window.

Tom Hardy to play the Joker in a minor-role? I think he could do it. I even think he looks a little similar. ]

that might be good, but Nolan says joker will not be returning, not even in a cameo role

edit: whoops just realized Backson already pretty much said all this already, sorry!

One of my friends thought of a realistic Mr Freeze, who has a similar background story (with his wife and all) but is otherwise a normal human being who tortures people with dry ice or something like that. That's be cool.

I second Ventriloquist, that would be pretty interesting. But as Obel mentioned, the movies are too actiony for something like that. That's why Clayface is perfect, he just has to be a big ugly guy really, doesn't really NEED mutant powers to be interesting. But I do like the idea of someone turning him into a monster.. the scene from his animated introduction where he was talking to his friend and all like "look at me, I'm hideous!" that was pretty heart breaking...

i am a much bigger Batman Begins fan, and i think even thought at first i thought Nolan was unoriginal for being so inspired by the animated series, i would prefer that he return to that pool for inspiration. the Ventriloquist would be a ridiculously good choice to the bring to the big screen, and correct me if i am wrong but that is a villain that was created specifically for TAS like Harley Quinn. I think doing something supernatural or cosmic in part 3 would be really nice. That's why i'm for something like Swamp thing, Clayface or even the Demon to be the main adversary this time around. The whole 'realistic' gotham back drop with all the gritty mobsters running around is good up to a certain point, but too much of it (dark knight) and things just get kind of bland. The animated series did a good balancing act between the classic mobster world and the cartoonish villain world

^Swamp Thing as an antagonist could be visually amazing if they followed the plot of that one plus-sized crossover issue from the Moore run, but I think there'd be too much backstory to pull off in a single film, especially for a character most non-comic readers know about.

^Swamp Thing as an antagonist could be visually amazing if they followed the plot of that one plus-sized crossover issue from the Moore run, but I think there'd be too much backstory to pull off in a single film, especially for a character most non-comic readers know about.

at the risk of being the most repetitive watmm member ever, here is what i look at to have a nerd fantasy about what this movie could be like

1250644-swamp_thing_batman_1_super.jpg

oldredwoodtreetake21.jpg

Guest AcrossCanyons

I'm not much of a comic reader but swamp thing would be awesome. (Although I'm not sure if it's right for batman, maybe another adaptation in the future. It's own?)

Archived