IGNORED

The Dark Knight Rises

Rubin Farr

I've absolutely decided that I prefer Begins to the Dark Knight, by quite a way.

Why didn't he use that bat-caller sonar thing in TDK? The neon phone-vision looked really stupid and felt tacked on... and Two Face was rushed. Begins had more ninja-style and the nightmarish visuals.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've absolutely decided that I prefer Begins to the Dark Knight, by quite a way.

same, his arc from being bruce wayne to becoming batman i thought was beautifully done. A little bit heavy handed heart strings at some parts but overall i thought it worked (him overcoming fear with the Datura ritual, etc). I think i felt pretty strongly about this ever since i saw that 10 minute preview clip released before Begins came out.

halle berry has never been hot

halle berry is not hot

halle berry will never be hot

She got me stiff in my little shorts in the flintstones movie.

I should hope so, as TDK seemingly glossed over the rotten areas of Gotham as The Joker started targeting richer citizens in the areas that looked like Manhattan.

At best, I imagine Bane is released/escapes from Arkham, although I wish the whole film would be set inside.

I should hope so, as TDK seemingly glossed over the rotten areas of Gotham as The Joker started targeting richer citizens in the areas that looked like Manhattan.

At best, I imagine Bane is released/escapes from Arkham, although I wish the whole film would be set inside.

Well I for one would welcome the narrows return. I loved the sequences set there in Begins.

Gotham looked totally different in TDK than in BB, this bugged me. I liked the eclectic mix of architecture in BB, in TDK it was basically Chicago.

I get what you mean. I suppose you can link the bigger scope with the escalation of everything in The Dark Knight that is mentioned at the end of the Begins. It's the same thing that the Matrix sequels suffered from, but I think it works in TDK.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gary C

There's so pretty heavy rumours about plot-leaks. But it's not worth thinking about because it's the only the shit we expected anyway. Catwoman helps Batman briefly, Bane is in collusion with the League of Shadows. Yawn.

There's so pretty heavy rumours about plot-leaks. But it's not worth thinking about because it's the only the shit we expected anyway. Catwoman helps Batman briefly, Bane is in collusion with the League of Shadows. Yawn.

return of Liam Neeson?

Halle Berry is a racist too.

yea she is very self righteous. I'll never forget cracking up at hear tearful black woman triumph Oscar speech. black woman this, black women that, all while her white mother looked on. :facepalm:

Guest Gary C

I'd like to see Neeson return, but that would raise a supernatural element which I'm not sure would fit.

It's much more likely that Talia (Cotillard) will eventually be cast. There's murmurs that there would even be some sort of relationship between her and Bane.

It all sounds pretty reasonable, but there's a few 'relationships' being mentioned and I don't think Nolan can write women.

I'd much rather see Two Face have a little cameo. Eckhart has said he's spoken to Nolan and Two Face won't feature... but then why else would he be talking to Nolan? :shuriken:

Also, I'd bet money that Scarecrow turns up again. Pray to God that they get a bit trippy again. I'd love to see Bane in nightmare-mode.

would be fun to see batman leave Gotham city or go outside of any large populated areas. Batman in Morocco would be pretty awesome. I'm not enough of a batman aficionado anymore to recall where Ras actually comes from, i remember Batman going to the middle east to meet him a couple of times in the animated series. Also wasn't there a backstory about Bane breaking out of a south american or cuban prison? I would be interested for them to just change up the formula a little more and not necessarily focus on batman vs ____ nemesis

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gary C

I bought The Long Halloween this week, good purchase already.

I don't know anything about The Holiday Killer, so I'll form my ideas after I've read it. But with Bane, Catwoman and I really believe The League will feature, maybe Levitt will play Falcone in a lesser role and not as 'the villain'.

It's certainly shaping up to be a big blow-out though. A little bit concerned as to how Nolan can fit all of this in. I thought Two-Face was a little flimsy after his transformation. But then I also believe he didn't die, so maybe he'll have a cameo in this one.

I'd also bet that Scarecrow is shown too.

would be fun to see batman leave Gotham city or go outside of any large populated areas. Batman in Morocco would be pretty awesome. I'm not enough of a batman aficionado anymore to recall where Ras actually comes from, i remember Batman going to the middle east to meet him a couple of times in the animated series. Also wasn't there a backstory about Bane breaking out of a south american or cuban prison? I would be interested for them to just change up the formula a little more and not necessarily focus on batman vs ____ nemesis

BATMAN GOES TO VEGAS!!

Archived