IGNORED

Tim Hecker - Ravedeath, 1972

triachus

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty easy to find on various filehosts by now, the flac rip that is.

I think I'm gonna put it on my mp3 player and give it a spin the next night while taking my daily walk. Something rather unusual for me, but I figured this might be worth it.

I think I'm going to wait until I have the album in my hands before I listen.

there was nothing good about those days, i think it's annoying for bands to wait half a year before their album is actually released after finishing it cause the label decided so.

it was just perfect with rh's in rainbows, they announced it just a week before the actual release if im not mistaken.

kill record labels, they're irrelevant.

And even if anyone can release a record by themselves these days, Tim Hecker and all the other artists/bands I listen to, still stick to these evil record labels. :cerious:

Because Kranky is sooooooooooo evil, rite?

Guest ruiagnelo

gave it a first listen today in the morning, but didn't work out well (probably because my brother was playing the drums in the basement).

listening to it again now, and actually enjoying it!

Guest MortstoX

I think I'm going to wait until I have the album in my hands before I listen.

there was nothing good about those days, i think it's annoying for bands to wait half a year before their album is actually released after finishing it cause the label decided so.

it was just perfect with rh's in rainbows, they announced it just a week before the actual release if im not mistaken.

kill record labels, they're irrelevant.

And even if anyone can release a record by themselves these days, Tim Hecker and all the other artists/bands I listen to, still stick to these evil record labels. :cerious:

Because Kranky is sooooooooooo evil, rite?

Yes! Kill Kranky evilness! They´re irrelevant!

Anyway, this is such a great album. Tim Hacker never fails. Probably on the top of my 2011 list

hmmm. i must be missing something. i'm probably one of the bigger tim hecker fans on this board, but this album isn't doing anything for me. it's probably his least interesting album since mirages. harmony in ultraviolet and radio amor are two of my favorite albums of the last decade, but this is just rather samey sounding and dare i say it, boring. there's a couple of interesting sounds on it but overall, i'm pretty disappointed.

Guest Enter a new display name

hmmm. i must be missing something. i'm probably one of the bigger tim hecker fans on this board, but this album isn't doing anything for me. it's probably his least interesting album since mirages. harmony in ultraviolet and radio amor are two of my favorite albums of the last decade, but this is just rather samey sounding and dare i say it, boring. there's a couple of interesting sounds on it but overall, i'm pretty disappointed.

You sound really just like me, except I don't call this album boring or disappointing and I intend to give it some time.

was at his show yesterday.

it was so loud and intense, pretty fucking intense actually. my girlfriend was really nervous with all of those distorted sounds so loud,

the album is really something great.

You sound really just like me, except I don't call this album boring or disappointing and I intend to give it some time.

well, opinions. i've listened to it all day today, in the car, on three hundred dollar headphones, on my hi fi. i'm waiting for the vinyl which i ordered, so maybe somehow that will change my opinion, but i doubt it. there are some good tracks. studio suicide and parts of in the air are interesting, but there's nothing here that matches harmony in blue or spring heeled jack or any of radio amor. the tracks just don't really go anywhere. i hate to be so dismissive, since hecker is probably my favorite musician right now, and i plan on giving this album some time, but my first impression is that i'm missing whatever aspects of the album seem to have the entire forum calling it omggreatestalbumEVAR!!

Archived