IGNORED

Tim Hecker - Ravedeath, 1972

triachus

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont mind Max Mis, despite his ironic appearance of being a child. He is actually a child.

I for one, loved the album though. Youre quite untitled to you opinion and Id like to hear it. In a less brief tone.

this album is superb, I don't mind it being easy on the ears. sometimes that is a good thing. like on this album.

people who dont like this album are dumb

brilliant. it's also possible that people don't like being beat over the head with over-saturated, tonal-blatancy.

i still haven't hopped on the Tim Hecker bus, i'm waiting to hear something from him that is not bland. im a big fan of artists like Tetsu and Oval. maybe im expecting Heckers music to wow me more, from what i've heard it sounds like digitally processed easy listening ambient music, indistinguishable from a lot of other people doing similar sounds. I guess i'm focusing too much on the textures, waiting for them to evolve into something rather than focusing on the emotions behind the melodies.

Guest Hanratty

That was actually a very well written review, the last line actually gave me chills (in a good way). I'm even more excited for my album to arrive

Yeah, I thought so too. I feel like a nerd now to be so excited by a p4k review but whatever. I like the idea of the pure organ vs. the digital noise of music commodification. Could be just made up by the reviewer but it's a nice image.

Guest Hanratty

That was actually a very well written review, the last line actually gave me chills (in a good way). I'm even more excited for my album to arrive

Yeah, I thought so too. I feel like a nerd now to be so excited by a p4k review but whatever. I like the idea of the pure organ vs. the digital noise of music commodification. Could be just made up by the reviewer but it's a nice image.

the only thing that bothers me is the title. Ravedeath sounds like some cheap indie band that uses a drum machine instead of a drummer. It would be better if he left it untitled with the same cover art.

Archived