IGNORED

Tim Hecker - Ravedeath, 1972

triachus

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thought i was starting to sway towards zaphod's dupe/glotch opinion of the album but the most recent playback knocked that notion out. all of the parts that seemed aimless or random seem very intuitive and organic now, everything flows beautifully and makes sense, this is the most enjoyable ambient album in my recent memory, i guess it takes some time to "learn" it. not sold on hatred of music 2 and no drums but all other pieces are nearly flawless to my new attuned perception..

tall of the parts that seemed aimless or random seem very intuitive and organic now, everything flows beautifully and makes sense

Stock market traders often believe they can find patterns in stock prices. Hard science (mathematics and statistics) can prove that there is no pattern.

what does that have to do with anything?

also: i like this album more now. but just slightly.

my ranking of tim hecker work

1. harmony in ultraviolet

2. radio amor

3. haunt me...

4. ravedeath, 1972

5. mirages

6. an imaginary country

fantasma parastasie would be number 3 if i could count it.

tall of the parts that seemed aimless or random seem very intuitive and organic now, everything flows beautifully and makes sense

Stock market traders often believe they can find patterns in stock prices. Hard science (mathematics and statistics) can prove that there is no pattern.

i also don't quite understand what are you implying, by saying "makes sense" i mean that the album seem to have attained some general concept in my view, very different from past hecker's albums, and the tracks within this concept seem to work much better. music appreciation is hardly science either..

rate yo heckers time !

radio amor

haunt me

harmony

ravedeath

mirages

imaginary country

have to revisit the haunt me and mirages though, so perhaps it's not too accurate, radio amor is an absolute no' 1 though, i go back to it quite often.

Ravedeath 1972 is Tim Hecker’s Quaristice.  Just like when the little kids first were first introduced to Autechre with Untilted and they were so quick to say Quaristice was a masterpiece, I suspect the same people who are saying RD72 is a masterpiece or album of the year contender, only got into Tim Hecker within the past 3 years.

Ha ha ha, what a fucking retard.

too polished.. also too sweet. where's the ambiguity, the rough edges? prolly speaking from the minority, but this feels like furniture music. it needs more atonality

are there small (textural) details i'm not hearing?

the piano melody of "hatred of music" sounds like the piano figure in "history repeats itself," from the natural born killers soundtrack.

Guest Enter a new display name

listening again, I guess there are some similarities towards the end of the nbk track. Overall though both songs are very different

[vimeo]19889685[/vimeo]

another video I did last night

How far will your Ravedeath addiction go? Otherwise, this music video is better than the first one.

listening again, I guess there are some similarities towards the end of the nbk track. Overall though both songs are very different

[vimeo]19889685[/vimeo]

How far will your Ravedeath addiction go?

2mxmmft.jpg

this album is the new Avatar.

tim hecker should sticker that on the album cover

Guest Enter a new display name

you using ipod headphones?

you guys need bigger speakers systems, this aint a headphones album

its a bummer you guys arent feeling it, this album is the best thing hes ever done

i figured it out

people who dont accept this album as the best thing tim hecker has ever done are simply unintelligent people who have horrible taste in art.

also theyre retarded bitches

people who dont like this album are dumb

av-6794.gifav-6794.gifav-6794.gifav-6794.gifav-6794.gifav-6794.gif

[vimeo]19889685[/vimeo]

Very nice indeed!

Archived