IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Misþyrming are fantastic. drum sound on the second album takes a bit of getting used to cos it sounds so phat (my ear always gets stuck on drum sounds for some reason). these dudes all look 16 lol. great live sound, which is always a big big plus for me.

how do you say their name properly?

Edited by usagi

"Miss therming" it means mistreatment in Icelandic. Mgła is actually pronounced "migwa", the polish word for fog. I speak nothing.

pff, typical watmm pleb talk... the ł in mgła is actually a xhosa-like click sound and the g is just there to help you get it off your tounge more fluently (think ski jump), otherwise not pronounced. so it basically sounds like m*click*ä, meaning "heil hitler" in dark-elvish.

now listen to my old ass metal shit:

On 7/26/2019 at 9:34 AM, usagi said:

Misþyrming are fantastic. drum sound on the second album takes a bit of getting used to cos it sounds so phat (my ear always gets stuck on drum sounds for some reason). these dudes all look 16 lol. great live sound, which is always a big big plus for me.

how do you say their name properly?

also I realise now after listening to the first album that this is the actual studio track with the live video overlaid. oh well. I'd like to see a professional live capture of theirs, there's a lot of good ones out there in metal especially and when I'm trying to assess a new band's sound it's often one of the first things I'll do after listening to a few studio tracks.

oh shit

edit: sounds amazing. I miss the punchier production from Sonoran Depravation a bit but still.

Edited by usagi

dunno, haven't listened to it enough times. it does on first listen sound like they're going backwards a bit from the more interesting direction in With Hearts.

Sorry if jazz but I recently discovered a doom and nihilistic band who plays some sick and heavy shit. 

“When the last light
Burns out in your dense skull
I'll inhale the smoke
That comes from your burnt bones