IGNORED

Fluorescent Grey - Ambiente

awepittance

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait for mine too. I have seen that pictures Robbie posted before in the RLR group and was pretty blown away- very very lovely and well, you can imagine it takes some time to get all this parts together. I also like the ones designed by Abby Martin, which are lovely excursions into fractale handdrawn territories.

The music is just beyond words, you have to listen. There is really a lot of genres melted together very carefully and with a great sense of understanding in music. I had some very nice chats with Robbie explaining some parts behind the sound of some pieces and I was wondering about the ideas Robbie realized here more and more.

i wonder if they found what they were looking for :happy: glad the packaged arrived safely!

edit: i forgot to mention that even though the cards are not numbered, they all belong in the order in which they were originally packaged. They are meant to be looked at in succession like pages in a book

Guest extherium

Confused. On the first disc, that 11 minute track after about a minute of silence... bonus track or part of track 15?

My music player seems to load up about 10 or so 4 second snippets of silence and calls them individual tracks.

it's a bonus track

anybody have any thoughts on the sounds? since you guys are the first to hear it (before any reviewers get a copy) I'm curious how it fares as a continuous listen (not all 3 discs, but 1 at a time).

Yoshi's Ambient 2 :wub:

I've listened to the whole thing roughly twice over, some tracks way more than others.

disc 2 is so far overall my favorite as a continuous listen, just packed with weird fantastic eerie juicy sounds. Nice Vangelis moment in Glow Worm hailing.

the last 6-7 are my favorite from Disc 1. Literal Elevator Music is great

Disc 3 I've only listened to once straight through, although I keep coming back to the first track, eirual, YA2, and the excellent field recordings

the most concrete thing I can say is it's an extended sound design orgasm

hey joseph, thanks for the nice feedback. and if you are a fan of Yoshi's Ambient 2, Yoshi's ambient pt 1 was included as a hidden bonus track on disc 1 at the very end (11 minute track).
All other orders that were placed around xmas time will be shipped out on monday.

Guest extherium
Well, I'm not a musician, nor a critique and I'm probably the last person to be providing any sort of musical review, but here's my thoughts.

The Harmoniums Reside in the Caverns of Mercury

The flow seems a little off to me, but a really solid collection of tracks. The first two tracks were unusual when compared to the rest of the album. Not to say they were bad, they just didn't fit in. But the rest of it was stellar!

Standout tracks for me were:

Glass Highway - rubbing shoulders with Autechre's EP7? Love it.

Splatterbient - Great morphing of weird and unusual sounds.

Rubbery - Subtly wonky. Reminded me a bit of the Fantastic Planet core.

Bonus Track (which I now see is called Yoshi's Ambient 1) - Good sounds, good ambiance.

The Uncanny Valley

As Joseph pointed out, this is the strongest set as a continuous listen. Some really powerful sounds on this one. But probably not the strongest individual entries. Nevertheless, certainly a very cohesive piece. Is good!

Standouts:

Glow Worm Hailing - Very warbly, keep listening to this one over and over.

Harmonic Wasps - This one I'd love to hear live, at the maximum possible volume.

Fireworks Prelude... - This track is a journey, and I love where it takes me.

Ritual at the Super Volcano

Really cohesive, really powerful tracks, though the the last few tracks really don't do it for me. Ignoring that however...

Standouts:

Virtual Black Mass - Just some good noise!

Farewell ARP2600 - Modular fuckery? Very enjoyable listen.

_____ (the first one) - Creepily good.

appreciate the feedback! i agree that disc 2 is probably the most cohesive as a single piece, it was designed originally with that intention where as the other 2 discs (1 and 3) were not.

I have about more full length albums of similar material coming out relatively soon, they will also be very small runs and will come out in a series. I'm thinking 1 record or so a month until i get to 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Just collected mine from the post office today. First reaction: beautiful packaging and inserts :) There's a lot of sound to process here but I'm looking forward to playing the first disc this evening. Cheers fg!

yeah probably has, i sent them all out right after the holidays around the same time. Hope you guys like it! The more i actually listen to it the more i realize it's not ambient music at all.

edit: fluorobox, if you have any time i'd love to hear your opinion on it since our musical tastes are pretty similar.

Can't wait for mine too. I have seen that pictures Robbie posted before in the RLR group and was pretty blown away- very very lovely and well, you can imagine it takes some time to get all this parts together. I also like the ones designed by Abby Martin, which are lovely excursions into fractale handdrawn territories.

The music is just beyond words, you have to listen. There is really a lot of genres melted together very carefully and with a great sense of understanding in music. I had some very nice chats with Robbie explaining some parts behind the sound of some pieces and I was wondering about the ideas Robbie realized here more and more.

did you get yours yet? I failed to send a DVD of raw material but i'm working on aggregating and organizing it all right now (40+ hours of raw recordings)

did you get yours yet? I failed to send a DVD of raw material but i'm working on aggregating and organizing it all right now (40+ hours of raw recordings)

Many many thanks Robbie, yes, I got it safe- I made some pictures- I send you the real thing within the next days.

It's simple beauty- I will let the pictures speak for themself!!!

post-10805-0-02046000-1357908069_thumb.jpg

post-10805-0-31733700-1357908072_thumb.jpg

post-10805-0-15516700-1357908075_thumb.jpg

post-10805-0-24822600-1357908077_thumb.jpg

post-10805-0-83004200-1357908080_thumb.jpg

post-10805-0-00405700-1357908084_thumb.jpg

post-10805-0-70878900-1357908086_thumb.jpg

!!! Great pictures Thorsten, I'm flattered. Do you mind if i use some of these in the promotional materials?

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy them! Yeah, just go with them, I'm cool with that :)

Guest EleminoP

Excellent release. Very unique sounds and great packaging. Disc 3 is probably tops for me. Loving the acoustic modelling going on.

Archived