IGNORED

Fluorescent Grey - Ambiente

awepittance

repeating this same argument without addressing the issue at hand won't get you anywhere. if you want to judge my history you'll know that im very activist when it comes to some problematic aspects of watmm, like ltm and PG rules, that imo damage the community.

besides, it's quite clear that if this issue will be resolved it will affect every musician watmmer, even people whose music i might like. so how about you stop pretending this is about you already ?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or even better, i think i should claim in a similar manner to you that your reason for insisting that this is personal is because you'd like it to seem that way so my actual argument will be diminished and your thread will remain where it is, how about that ?

So Eugene, if someone else had started a thread about the album independently, it would be fine?

If so, I can start a new Ambiente thread in NUR and a mod could merge the threads.

If not, then every artist who has a WATMM account, for example Autechre, must have their album threads moved out of NUR.

or even better, i think i should claim in a similar manner to you that your reason for insisting that this is personal is because you'd like it to seem that way so my actual argument will be diminished and your thread will remain where it is, how about that ?

well either way it will remain where it is, there are plenty of long standing watmm members who do the same and no one else has complained. I don't really care to engage with you any longer.

So Eugene, if someone else had started a thread about the album independently, it would be fine?

If so, I can start a new Ambiente thread in NUR and a mod could merge the threads.

If not, then every artist who has a WATMM account, for example Autechre, must have their album threads moved out of NUR.

would it be okay if i copied every thread made in ekt to here ?

well either way it will remain where it is, there are plenty of long standing watmm members who do the same and no one else has complained. I don't really care to engage with you any longer.

it has to go where it's supposed to be according to watmm rules. your a watmmer, there's a forum for watmmer music, that's it. if you insist on keeping it here you're insulting others watmmers who regularly post in ekt, and of course they would have an issue with being confined to a forum where no one ever looks according to some unknown measure of worthiness.

This thread should stay here PROVIDED awep promises not to use the phrase "butt hurt" again.

data's releases belong in this forum as well. They're both established musicians whose stuff is kickass and they deserve the exposure.

Dude, mu-ziq has a WATMM account, as well as Sean according to Joyrex. Should the mods remove the ae and mu-ziq subforums and move the ae and muziq album threads to EKT?

EKT is for non-established watmmers and this subforum is for established artists, watmmers or not. It's not an issue of "if it's been made by a watmmer it goes on EKT", it's a matter of how "big" has the artist made it. And it's pretty obvious that there are some watmmers have made it bigger than others, and thus are "worthy" of this subforum. It's a completely subjective line drawn by the mods, but you're the only one who's had an issue with it so far, so I would guess they're doing it right.

John's album, in my opinion, is worthy of this subforum. Why do you think it isn't, apart from "he's a watmmer and watmmer-made = EKT?

EKT is mostly people posting single tracks that they have made for comment by other members, sometimes ep's and even full albums. I should think though that with his long history of selling professional releases and given the attention he has gotten outside of watmm, awe has graduated past that now eh.

eugene linked as his example of someone who was posting albums EKT, a new member who only ever seems to spam albums in that forum, hardly a fair example.

---

Now whilst this issue could still be open to debate, we have decided to leave this thread where it is. If you want to debate it and have a stake in the matter, ala actually make and post tunes in EKT. You are welcome to start a debate thread, but don't carry on about it here. This thread is to talk about awe's release.

Cheers

I was actually agreeing with you delet, not sure who you're replying to.

Anyways, I was considering buying this but apparently I can only order from the American shop, and I don't have 50€ to blow on this. This may be first time I buy a digital copy of an album ever

I was actually agreeing with you delet, not sure who you're replying to.

Anyways, I was considering buying this but apparently I can only order from the American shop, and I don't have 50€ to blow on this. This may be first time I buy a digital copy of an album ever

lol internets. I was giving eugene a final hurrah in this thread with something more concrete than 'bugger off or i'll delete all your bloody posts'

Dude, mu-ziq has a WATMM account, as well as Sean according to Joyrex. Should the mods remove the ae and mu-ziq subforums and move the ae and muziq album threads to EKT?

EKT is for non-established watmmers and this subforum is for established artists, watmmers or not. It's not an issue of "if it's been made by a watmmer it goes on EKT", it's a matter of how "big" has the artist made it. And it's pretty obvious that there are some watmmers have made it bigger than others, and thus are "worthy" of this subforum. It's a completely subjective line drawn by the mods, but you're the only one who's had an issue with it so far, so I would guess they're doing it right.

John's album, in my opinion, is worthy of this subforum. Why do you think it isn't, apart from "he's a watmmer and watmmer-made = EKT?

it's a bit of a stretch to call them watmmers though, isn't it ?

there's nothing about "establishment-ness" in the description of purpose of either forum, i bet there are some deep underground musicians featured here that are no more established than some watmmers. it's true that some are more popular than others, but wouldn't it make sense to get less known watmers more exposed instead of confining them to a forum no one reads ? i assure that pretty much everyone who posts in ekt new releases will have some sort of an issue with that, because why shouldn't they ? do you think they consider that their work and music is less worthy/professional than awepittance considers his ?

i don't care about awepittance's album in particular, it's this elitism and inequality that's at the core of this that bothers me, he's just an example.

EKT is mostly people posting single tracks that they have made for comment by other members, sometimes ep's and even full albums. I should think though that with his long history of selling professional releases and given the attention he has gotten outside of watmm, awe has graduated past that now eh.

eugene linked as his example of someone who was posting albums EKT, a new member who only ever seems to spam albums in that forum, hardly a fair example.

---

Now whilst this issue could still be open to debate, we have decided to leave this thread where it is. If you want to debate it and have a stake in the matter, ala actually make and post tunes in EKT. You are welcome to start a debate thread, but don't carry on about it here. This thread is to talk about awe's release.

Cheers

so we're gonna judge watmm musicians by number of albums sold now and compare their "professionalism" ?

i can also link an example of chriss moss acid or friendly foil, are they more worthy in your opinion ?

the decision where to put this thread is ultimately joyrex's and while he's unavailable right now (it seems) his description of ekt new releases subforum is rather clear and fits this thread very well. i don't want to order you around but the most reasonable thing to do according to the rules is to put this thread in ekt and wait for joyrex final say regarding the whole deal. the irony is if i make a thread about this in ekt no one would read it.

(i hope that doesn't considered as "a continuation of debate" that warrants the removal of my posts, i simply wanted to reply to spanish guy's and your points)

ok, i'm leaving the first post that i hid, because it was longer so you'd probably put more work into it and you said in the post (which i didn't read at first) that you were just replying to me and thatspanish, and as you just have to have the last word, well there you go. But that's it ok. Either talk about the release or don't post in this thread.

thanks.

Yoshi's Ambient, Ritual at..., good stuff! Impeccable sound quality and some emotional ideas.

Bit of a heavy weight of an album, but I dig it.

(btw this is a physical release, he has many people he knows on the forum and supports him, and obviously spent a lot of time on this. I think it belongs in here. Maybe with the next big release from a watmm member you can ask joyrex and the community if they support it being in new releases? also contribute to the forum in a positive way and people will support it more)

Guest chunky

a box set that people are buying and enjoying? made by a long time forum member? how could anyone on this site not support this thread being where it is.

jesus christ.

oh i get it, awepittance paid eugene to make this controversy as free advertising? ;-) j/k. i bet this album sells an extra 100 copies now thanks to eugene's clever marketing tactics.

• 3 months later...

put all the ambiente cds on bandcamp, digitals now available. If anybody who got the cds was too lazy to rup them and wants a digital, id be happy to send it for free. Just pm me.

https://fluorescent-grey.bandcamp.com/album/ambiente-1-the-harmoniums-reside-in-the-caverns-of-mercury-2005-2008

• 1 year later...

announcement:
when Ambiente hits Boomkat, Juno, Itunes and the other digital networks (Bleep still doesn't like us even after we put out 2 releases by a former warp artist, Sote *sad face*) we will be selling the 10-15 remaining copies (have to check exact count) of the last Ambiente box set stock with an additional exclusive CD of entirely new material made in 2014: 'Ambiente 4'.

pre-order details will be posted here first. This very small run of Ambiente 4 will be available in early March.

announcement:

when Ambiente hits Boomkat, Juno, Itunes and the other digital networks (Bleep still doesn't like us even after we put out 2 releases by a former warp artist, Sote *sad face*) we will be selling the 10-15 remaining copies (have to check exact count) of the last Ambiente box set stock with an additional exclusive CD of entirely new material made in 2014: 'Ambiente 4'.

pre-order details will be posted here first. This very small run of Ambiente 4 will be available in early March.

Nice idea- is there a download for the version 1.0-owners :)

My boxset has still a very very prominent place on the rack!

Hit me up btw. I still have stuff for you (and so do you ;) )

I ripped the CDs from my box set and laboriously typed in all the titles back when I got it and put them all on my (now kaput) ipod.

Looks like I didn't actually save the files, durr.

So yes, dloads would be appreciated.

announcement:

Please put me down for one of these Robbie, as I was too broke to buy it the first time and it's been eating at me since then. Can I actually preorder a copy? I would if you'd let me.

I finally ripped this after having on display on my shelf for two years. Haven't listened to the whole thing yet but what I've heard has been incredible in terms of sound design. Nice!

Archived