IGNORED

People who can't name artists properly

Guest Enter a new display name

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/59560-buriel-on-mary-ann-hobbes/

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/61898-list-artists-with-similar-moodfeel-as-boc/page__view__findpost__p__1488237

I'll always remember Buriel and Biblio, haha! I'm sure there are other hilarious mistakes that you've seen somewhere else. Anything, guys?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yeah, I've read Aphex Twins so many times... I once had a friend who said Draft Punk.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I heard 'architecture' once, don't even know how you could read a word so badly wrong. I think I just acted like he hadn't said anything wrong but I felt a bit ill.

Not an artist but what's up with people who pronounce ambient as "aimbient"?

You're not supposed to do that, right? (Non-native speaker here).

right. the am in ambient sounds like the word "am"

not, confusingly enough, like the beginning of ambiance. at least that's the rule up here in the North East US

Not an artist but what's up with people who pronounce ambient as "aimbient"?

You're not supposed to do that, right? (Non-native speaker here).

Ive never heard anyone say Aimbient. So yes thats wrong.

i don't care because i know what they are reffering to anyway... if i did care, i'd be constantly correcting people on the spelling of my alias.

i don't care because i know what they are reffering to anyway... if i did care, i'd be constantly correcting people on the spelling of my alias.

You're "A symetrical bed" right ????

By the way, the name Autechre is always fun. Nobody here in France says "Awteker". It's more "Autekre".

But my father says "Otreche".

What a great amusement.

I heard 'architecture' once, don't even know how you could read a word so badly wrong. I think I just acted like he hadn't said anything wrong but I felt a bit ill.

In her defense, she digs Gantz Graf and had only heard their name phonetically a couple times. Can't really blame her.

I thought they were Oh-tek-ray at first, but I was also in an IB French class.

^hahaha

not IDM but I went to go see the band Menomena with a buddy of mine and he called them - while directly speaking to a band member no less - Menno Menna. I lold

Archived