IGNORED

trish from broadcast -R.I.P.

Guest yikes

she sang like an angel

"It is with great sadness we announce that Trish Keenan from Broadcast passed away at 9am this morning in hospital. She died from complications with pneumonia after battling the illness for two weeks in intensive care. Our thoughts go out to James, Martin, her friends and her family and we request that the public respect their wishes for privacy at this time. This is an untimely tragic loss and we will miss Trish dearly - a unique voice, an extraordinary talent and a beautiful human being. Rest in Peace.

Frontwoman Trish Keenan of British electronic experimental pop duo Broadcast is currently hospitalized and coping with a serious illness. Warp Records sent over the following statement: "[Manager] Martin [Pike] says that he can confirm that Trish is in hospital and very ill with pneumonia currently. At this time, please respect the privacy of the band and the family and when there is any more news he will be sure to update fans."

Rumors of Keenan's illness began with a post on Broadcast's Facebook page last night from Crystal Summers, a user claiming to be Keenan's sister. She wrote, "I'm sorry everyone but I have some bad news. Trish Keenan is fighting for her life in hospital. I will keep everyone informed." Summers went on to say that Keenan has been on life support since Christmas, having contracted H1N1 flu after a trip to Australia. She added, "She won't be singing for some time as she has to have a tube that the doctors put in her throat. She will have to have surgery and she won't be able to get any infections in the wound."

Archived