Because there's no movement, among other things.

I agree with you on the makeup... it wasn't that well done, and movement shatters the illusion. By no means does it detract from the movie, though.

Because there's no movement, among other things.

I agree with you on the makeup... it wasn't that well done, and movement shatters the illusion.

Haha, my friend and I giggled when he walked around in his exo skeleton...

re: the new Aliens Colonial Marines game:

"Gearbox has stated that they were invited to speak with Ridley Scott and view the script for his Alien prequel Prometheus, insinuating that there may be connections or references to the events of Prometheus in Aliens: Colonial Marines."

nice!

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

And if the day ever comes that I would be retarded enough to smoke pot

Hey, it's a personal choice - for me, I would have to be Sup-level retarded to even consider smoking pot for any reason. You want to do it? Go ahead, knock yourself out. Not for me.

not really on topic but I have to wonder why you feel so strongly about pot. we're not talking about heroin

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

Hey, it's a personal choice - for me, I would have to be Sup-level retarded to even consider smoking pot for any reason. You want to do it? Go ahead, knock yourself out. Not for me.

not really on topic but I have to wonder why you feel so strongly about pot. we're not talking about heroin

Any drug, really - even alcohol - just not for me, and it would be a cold day in hell before I actively chose to take something like that.

I personally think that alcohol should be much more restricted than it is, as it kills far more people than pot or other drugs. I personally have no problems with other people taking drugs, as long as they act responsibly with it and not endanger others.

this film is a drug.

I am going to see it at IMAX in less than 3 hours, yay!

Third time.

Fuck you Squee, I love you man.

Sorry Jimmy but this film is awesome in 3D, and as I said before most are not.

Edited by Atop

Oh just the fact that I am spending money, for a third time, on a film that you despise.

Thought it might get your goat but I know you don't care.

It was a friendly fuck you.

Oh just the fact that I am spending money, for a third time, on a film that you despise.

Thought it might get your goat but I know you don't care.

It was a friendly fuck you.

Haha, oh... Well, I wish I could tell you I liked it but I'm afraid my expectations were so through the roof that there was absolutely no way I could have left the cinema satisfied. Like I've said before, it would have been fucking awesome and quite a mindfuck if no one had known it had ties to the Alien universe.

I'll definitely watch the Director's Cut once it gets released because with my expectations lowered I'm sure it's a lot better... but still, that exo skeleton and the sounds it made. So squeaky!

Guest Mirezzi

I think in two or three years this site will only be Joyrex and about half a dozen people who refer to him as Papa.

I think in two or three years this site will only be Joyrex and about half a dozen people who refer to him as Papa.

Based on what? Do you have any idea how many people register per day/week here?

My mind reels when people make bizarre statements like this.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Any drug, really - even alcohol - just not for me, and it would be a cold day in hell before I actively chose to take something like that.

I personally think that alcohol should be much more restricted than it is, as it kills far more people than pot or other drugs. I personally have no problems with other people taking drugs, as long as they act responsibly with it and not endanger others.

so you're straight edge, interesting. Not to get too personal but does it stem back to an alcoholic parent or early childhood trauma? or a religious viewpoint? or fear of lack of control?

I was thinking last night (at a doug benson show) that its weird how if someone drinks everyday he's an alcoholic but if he smokes everyday he's just a stoner. maybe not that weird but very different

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

Nope - both parents drank/smoked socially (although my Dad quit drinking and smoking in 1980), and grew up in a smoking household, but I just have never had the inclination to do either - it just doesn't make sense to me. Had people I hung out with in high school who smoked pot, as well as a pothead roommate when I first moved to Texas, and couldn't stand the smell of it at all.

Major lol @ religious viewpoint - I'm about as anti-religious as you can get (in terms of organized religion).

I think the the whole alcoholic/stoner thing is one and the same - you do anything habitually to the point of addiction, you're an addict. Alcoholism is a more severe condition though due to the impact it has on those around you, and the potential harm it can cause not only the alcoholic, but others totally unrelated around him or her. I can't recall any news reports of someone stoned killing people in car accidents, etc.

I think the the whole alcoholic/stoner thing is one and the same - you do anything habitually to the point of addiction, you're an addict.

I'd appreciate it if you'd keep it on topic, JR, but just to clarify, this statement is really ambiguous. So much so that it is far over-reaching the definitions of addiction. "Habitually to the point of addiction" is unclear, and is not how it works. Addiction doesn't necessarily follow habit. What defines addiction is an inability to stop. Arguing about prometheus has become a habit for some... the interventions are just around the corner :cat:

Edited by luke viia

Based on what? Do you have any idea how many people register per day/week here?

My mind reels when people make bizarre statements like this.

All Ben was stating is that it would be hilarious if everyone called you Papa in an Orwellian dystopian nightmare sort of way.

Shouldn't disturb you that much.

JOKES!

Like my Labanna Babalon thread...I think she is fun and hilarious. Not many people get the joke, or think it is funny.

I know how you hate titties on your site. To be fair they were links to titties, not actual titties.

I apologize.

so you're straight edge, interesting. Not to get too personal but does it stem back to an alcoholic parent or early childhood trauma? or a religious viewpoint? or fear of lack of control?

I was thinking last night (at a doug benson show) that its weird how if someone drinks everyday he's an alcoholic but if he smokes everyday he's just a stoner. maybe not that weird but very different

To each their own and I think you and my brother would get along gloriously JR.

I love him but he thinks he is right all the time.

He is not right all of the time.

The world is his website, as watmm is yours.

Nope - both parents drank/smoked socially (although my Dad quit drinking and smoking in 1980), and grew up in a smoking household, but I just have never had the inclination to do either - it just doesn't make sense to me. Had people I hung out with in high school who smoked pot, as well as a pothead roommate when I first moved to Texas, and couldn't stand the smell of it at all.

Major lol @ religious viewpoint - I'm about as anti-religious as you can get (in terms of organized religion).

I think the the whole alcoholic/stoner thing is one and the same - you do anything habitually to the point of addiction, you're an addict. Alcoholism is a more severe condition though due to the impact it has on those around you, and the potential harm it can cause not only the alcoholic, but others totally unrelated around him or her. I can't recall any news reports of someone stoned killing people in car accidents, etc.

All habits are addictions, no matter if it is drugs or biting your finger nails.

They all have consequences and benefits as well.

Addiction doesn't just need to be a negative word.

Just as JR said, as long as it doesn't impede on others' lives.

So you never drank cider and kissed girls?

Papa Rex don't believe in dancin neither!

Countdown to Prometheus 3D IMAX in 30 minutes and no, I am not getting high before seeing it, this time............................

and now back to subject:

STOOPID SCIENTISTS!

DUMB HE-MAN LOOKING CREATORS.

DUMB SUICIDE MISSION SCENE!

I love how much this film either bugs the shit out of people, they love the fuck out of it or they are on the fence about it.

Love, Hate, Love/Hate.

Good art has many varied reactions, this is how it becomes well known art as well. Bad art gets no reactions. imho

Guest FuncRandm

Set of Sci-Fi films I found better than this and made since Blade Runner

{ "Moon", "Source Code", "Aliens", "Alien 3", "Akira", "Return Of The Jedi", "Cloverfield", "Ghost in the Shell", "Apollo 18", "The Divide", "Monsters", ... , "Iron Sky" }

...I was tempted to add "War Of The Worlds" with Tom Cruise in there. I definitely enjoyed that more... period.

FuncRand(m)