IGNORED

the revolution in egypt: mubarak resigns

chaosmachine

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's about time western backed dictatorship got replaced by islamic fundamentalism :facepalm:

Is that what your Israeli media is telling you?

which is not surprising because of the role egypt has been playing in the israel/palestine conflict.

i wouldn't be staying in israel if i would be living there. the whole region might be turning into a gigantic revolution. and because the Israelis are so good at making friends in the region (barf), they might be better of living in an underground bunker. (and they should blame themselves for it - but that would be another revolution in and of itself)

it's about time western backed dictatorship got replaced by islamic fundamentalism :facepalm:

Is that what your Israeli media is telling you?

Muslim Brotherhood==Al Qaeda for Mubarak - convenient bogeyman that he pulls out whenever westerners question his rule.

Luckily that sort of thing doesn't fly anymore:

Muslim Brotherhood not a coherent, homogeneous unit: http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2009/1221/Egypt-s-Muslim-Brotherhood-widening-split-between-young-and-old

Muslim Brotherhood not at protests until Friday: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/world/middleeast/28alexandria.html?_r=2

Mubarak or Muslim Brotherhood not Egypt's only choice: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/Religion/post/2011/01/egypt-protests-muslim-brotherhood-mubarak/1

it's great that protests of such scope are secular but there shouldn't be any question on who will fill in if mubarak goes down, even under heavy oppression the bros got ~20% in lower house in 05. if they are allowed to participate openly in the next elections they win it big time.

The government in Egypt will be Islamic regardless of who wins, by virtue of Egypt being a Muslim majority state, just as the American government is a de facto Christian government (could you imagine what would happen if the US President didn't sit through a prayer session on inauguration day?).

The difference is - will there be a moderate or radical government in Egypt. I think that the people in Egypt have learned from Iran/Afghanistan what happens when you get a fundamentalist party in power; additionally the Egyptians are people who in the 80s protested against Islamic terrorism after suffering it first hand.

islam is a religion of peace u guys

why the hell do i hear something like this in every thread that we've had about this revolution so far? seriously, please explain your comment to me.

Would-be looters broke into Cairo's famed Egyptian Museum, ripping the heads off two mummies and damaging about 10 small artifacts before being caught and detained by soldiers, Egypt's antiquities chief [Zahi Hawass] said Saturday.

:facepalm:

Archived