IGNORED

James Blake is the new Phil Collins

beerwolf

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

I thought I hated the album and nearly deleted it but now I'm coming round to it, or some of it, I think Wilhelm Scream is amazing now after being sickened by it initially

It's not the fact that he uses vocals. I listen to tons of music with vocals. I just don't like the way they sound on his LP. I'm also not into his musical style. This cold, clickety stuff with lots of space, it just does nothing for me.

I thought I hated the album and nearly deleted it but now I'm coming round to it, or some of it, I think Wilhelm Scream is amazing now after being sickened by it initially

maaaan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LDTsoNiT2Y

very, very impressive imo

lol@top comment

James blake about to get that burial money

i like james blake, but the real lol here is nme still thinking it's in any way relevant, which it hasn't been for years.

Well done Kaini you hit the nail on the head.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

the only two tracks i didn't really like were the two auto-tuned acapella tracks in the middle; else it's a pretty good album! definitely a breath of fresh air, but i've come around a lot more to smooth laid-back types of RnB rhythms in the last year or two than i ever have before, so circa 2007 i'm not so sure i'd have been into it.

i also think it'll make a really great source for remix material as well... :sorcerer:

Guest Coalbucket PI

maaaan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LDTsoNiT2Y

very, very impressive imo

lol@top comment

James blake about to get that burial money

I'd avoided listening to that live one because I thought he'd sound shit, in fact it's terrific and that guitar fits in their nicely. His coy little shy smile at the end almost made me feel like hugging him. I wish the album kept up that sort of momentum.

I have a sneaky suspicion if I had to listen to a whole album by James Blake, I would need to listen to 5 hours of Led Zeppelin, Slayer, Motorhead, Public Enemy, The Exploited, US Bombs, topped of with Black Sabbath's Master of Reality and a short blast of Naplam Death. Just to reset my brains equilibrium.

Funny enough as I write this they are playing and talking about James Blake on BBC6 with Steve Lamacq. Steve reckon he bumped into Mr Blake at the studio and the poor bloke looked shell shocked and dazed with the weight of all the hype.

See those dudes BOC have the right idea, sitting round the bonfire. Stoking the fire.

I enjoy me some James Blake, but I think it was obvious that his "vocal-less" EP's he made were all blatent Burial rip offs.

I haven't heard this new vocal album, I'm scared, I hated There's a Limit to your function.

Signed to Universal, eh? The beginning of the end imo. He's too young and too lean on discography. To me, it just shows how desperate the old megaconglomerate is to generate cash. He may totally defy that prediction. I wish him luck. His music doesn't really warrant the banshee cries WATMM is howling...it's good music and if he hadn't have created buzz, WATMM would still have his back.

He ripped off Nelly though :emotawesomepm9:

Compare to piano riff in "Limit To Your Love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCKPAM2hmDI

No, Nelly ripped of Feist.

i love being completely out of touch and clueless when it comes to all these "latest mainstream music news" people like DJ nate and James Blake cause I never end up wasting my time actually listening to this crap, i just hear everyone else argue back and forth

Archived