IGNORED

The Oscars

halisray

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the oscars are, to a true lover of cinema, what pitchfork is to serious music listners

I'd say the oscars are worse than Pitchfork in that analogy game there Osci :P

in their history of actually handing out awards they've never given out the goods

shiit currently trying to remember the year that Goodfellas got beat by something incredibly stupid..... prime example of oscar phail

Guest Mirezzi

You could tell within 10 seconds of the show's intro, when Hathaway and Franco were live in front of the audience, that they had jackshit for chemistry and that it was going to be a long, horrible night.

You could tell within 10 seconds of the show's intro, when Hathaway and Franco were live in front of the audience, that they had jackshit for chemistry and that it was going to be a long, horrible night.

Franco was high/looked like he hated Hathaway the whole time.

Guest Mirezzi

Franco was high/looked like he hated Hathaway the whole time.

Not that I blame him, because I can't stand her...but...then again, who the fuck is James Franco? A young Robert Downey, Jr. he's definitely not.

True Grit was fine, aside from the close-ups on horseback (often riding towards the camera in a night-scape). I guess it's almost impossible to film something like that on a real horse (insane shaking camera), so they CGI'd the backgrounds and it looked terrible.

Also, in the finale, one of the bandits is shot off his horse and hits his face on a rock. Not only is the rock completely unnecessary to the device, as he's been shot and fallen from a horse (he's surely dead), but it's another piece of terrible CGI. I can only imagine that in actuality the shot obviously showed the face of a stuntman, so they quickly dropped in a rock over his face.

In fact, there was no need to see the guy fall off his horse anyway. It was a completely unwarranted shot.

Anyway, aside from those almost unforgivable foibles, True Grit was pretty decent.

I haven't seen the King's Speech, but I've been told there's nothing that could have made it any better, and Black Swan was alright too. Portman made it watchable, but never really looked convincing whilst dancing, so I dunno.

Guest Enter a new display name

I have heard several people say how bored James Franco seemed. I tried to find videos of the night where he looked that way but I haven't found anything.

Guest Franklin

Mila Kunis

mila-kunis-oscars.jpg

showed that you don't need big boobs to have sexy cleavage, nor do you need to look skanky if you have a low-cut.

high five encey!

I am gay for James Franco.

high five impakt!

Strange cleavage aside, J Hud rocked her dress

jenniferhudson002.jpg

what?! the weird cleavage made me vomit in my mouth!

I'm just glad that the fighter got some respect. I think of the movies nominated it was definitely the best.

Archived