80 members have voted

1. 1. Bracket 1

• Abandoned Soviet Monuments
    • The Fourth Dimension
  2. 2. Bracket 1

• Audio Paradoxes
    • Strandbeest
  3. 3. Bracket 2

• Theory That the Higgs Boson Traveled Back in Time To Prevent Its Discovery
    • Neutron Stars
  4. 4. Bracket 2

• Dew Covered Insects
    • 1 Dimensional Universe
  5. 5. Bracket 3

• Factories at Night
    • Teleportation
  6. 6. Bracket 3

• Tesla
    • Robot Trees
  7. 7. Bracket 4

• Windows 95
    • Exoskeleton for the Elderly
  8. 8. Bracket 4

• Space Stations
    • Girls with Robots

tumblr_lkp58mg7m31qe4goeo1_400.jpg

Round 2 was much more competitive since there were some close games. That can't be said for a couple of games since Abandoned Soviet Monuments, 1 Dimensional Unveriverse, and Factories at Night Routed their opponents by considerable margins.

Expendable Cosmonauts Press Conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM&feature=related

RSLR Press Conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpYh96G8c60&feature=fvsr

The competition will heat up here in the 3rd round of the tournament. IT'S THE SWEET SIXTEEN BABY!

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=398761

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shame transit maps got routed by a troll suggestion. :snares:

come one factories at night!!! :nacmat:

edit: yea robot trees is really dumb cause it isn't really a thing. :facepalm:

Guest Malverde

Pitting Abandoned Soviet Monuments up against anything is a death sentence.

At the very least it should have been paired with Robot Trees.

s-PHIL-JACKSON-large.jpg

night-factory.jpg

guys. think about it. what would allow more sonic experimentation and possible sound vignettes: factories at night? or simply teleportation? I think it's pretty obvious. Do the right thing.

shame transit maps got routed by a troll suggestion. :snares:

come one factories at night!!! :nacmat:

edit: yea robot trees is really dumb cause it isn't really a thing. :facepalm:

yeah... I couldn't google anything when I made that collage. found some book cover that said "Trees for the Future" with a robot planting trees!

this round will separate the men from the boys.

abandoned soviet monuments seems to be the clear winner so far, but the fourth dimension's unusual 'pretend it never happened' approach may alter the outcome yet.

strandbeest initially marching all over audio paradoxes, but it's truly an immovable force versus an impossible object. can the homespun charm of strandbeest keep on marching down that beach? we've never had a dutch entry make it past round 3.

again, the higgs boson's tactics have proven controversial but in this face-off between two truly quantum opponents, our observation may alter the outcome, especially on the bosons' home ground. the dense tactics employed by neutron stars may yet defy physics.

dew covered insects initially showing somewhat watery opposition against the revolutionary tactics of 1-dimensional universe, but will the clean lines and unproven theory of the latter hold up?

factories at night and teleportation - well the latter again with the unconventional moves, but the former has demonstrated real grit even though they're not used to the midday sun of the most IDM championships.

tesla is a favourite, the sheer magnetism of his personality makes him a crowd favourite - but the back line of robot trees shows an almost wooden unyieldingness - can this hold up in the long run?

windows 95 and elderly exoskeletons both show real oldschool charm, it reminds this commentator of the first IDM championship, but who will BSOD first?

and finally a real hi-tech round, with space stations really orbiting rings against a favourite last year, girls with robots. but can the stations maintain their velocity? or will they burn up? too early to say.

there's still everything to play for. i'm cave johnson. we're done here, for now.

RIP Canine Space Heroes. You accomplished so much in your time. I wonder sometimes if you had made friends with Nyan

( :nyan: )

before you came back to us and our strange little planet.

post-9654-0-32139600-1304560019_thumb.jpg

Now come on time traveling suicide particle! You didn't come all the way back from the future just to be pushed around by pathetic neutron star! You came back to kill your grandfather and WIN!!! WIN GODDAMN YOU!!!

this was refreshingly easy, only one that gave me pause was girls with robots vs. space stations...in the end I went with girls with robots as that's fucking sexy and could inspire interesting music, plus I figure space stations will keep coming around next year.

I'm sad SPISH lost yet again, I have a soft spot for smoking a pipe inside a space helmet.

Guest Malverde

You pulled the trigger on this one asymmetrical head. The blood is on your hands!

35lrclj.jpg

You pulled the trigger on this one asymmetrical head. The blood is on your hands!

35lrclj.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS! LOL!

Guest futuregirlfriend

let's put factories at night to bed. more idm than teleportation? insanity.

let's put factories at night to bed. more idm than teleportation? insanity.

which would be a better tribute album? gotta think pragmatically here.

this was refreshingly easy, only one that gave me pause was girls with robots vs. space stations...in the end I went with girls with robots as that's fucking sexy and could inspire interesting music, plus I figure space stations will keep coming around next year.

I'm sad SPISH lost yet again, I have a soft spot for smoking a pipe inside a space helmet.

I think i'm not IDM enough to either be amused by/find inspiration in smoking a pipe inside a space helmet. elaborate kindly?

Archived