80 members have voted

1. 1. Bracket 1

• Abandoned Soviet Monuments
    • The Fourth Dimension
  2. 2. Bracket 1

• Audio Paradoxes
    • Strandbeest
  3. 3. Bracket 2

• Theory That the Higgs Boson Traveled Back in Time To Prevent Its Discovery
    • Neutron Stars
  4. 4. Bracket 2

• Dew Covered Insects
    • 1 Dimensional Universe
  5. 5. Bracket 3

• Factories at Night
    • Teleportation
  6. 6. Bracket 3

• Tesla
    • Robot Trees
  7. 7. Bracket 4

• Windows 95
    • Exoskeleton for the Elderly
  8. 8. Bracket 4

• Space Stations
    • Girls with Robots

Space Mother FUCKING STATIONS

I'm kinda surprised robot trees has lasted this long. When I nominated it I basically just jammed together the first two vaguely IDM words that came to mind.

The thing I like about Robot Trees is that it's totally IDM in concept, and yet would probably serve no purpose whatsoever.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of those duels really changed my mind.

I never thought I could vote for Dew Covered Insects. But I made it.

I never thought I could vote for Factories At Night. But I made it.

I...I feel great things are yet to come...

Some...Something is GROWING ON ME !

idml.jpg

Guest Coalbucket PI

I can't get behind some of these ideas because even though they are cool they lack substance; dew covered insects and soviet monuments and strandbeest, they all just come from one photoset or video on a blog somewhere don't they? They aren't watmmy enough for me. Audio paradoxes aren't even that interesting, and can the most IDM thing be a sound? Isn't that dangerously close to making IDM the most IDM thing?

Space stations are strong, there is a lot of mileage there. Bracket 4 is serious!

chistat1.jpganfernee-hardaway1.jpg

this was refreshingly easy, only one that gave me pause was girls with robots vs. space stations...in the end I went with girls with robots as that's fucking sexy and could inspire interesting music, plus I figure space stations will keep coming around next year.

I'm sad SPISH lost yet again, I have a soft spot for smoking a pipe inside a space helmet.

I think i'm not IDM enough to either be amused by/find inspiration in smoking a pipe inside a space helmet. elaborate kindly?

I dunno there's a lot of IDM artist with a fondness of using high tech approaches to achieve a warped, old-fashioned sound - think BoC, the piano stuff on Drukqs, Analord, whatev. Smoking a pipe inside a space helmet seems to capture that blend of far-fringe psychonaut pushing the limit stuff with the laid back, retro charm of pipe smoking. Plus space is cool and smoking pipes is cool, so it's just a silly excess of coolness...

let's put factories at night to bed. more idm than teleportation? insanity.

which would be a better tribute album? gotta think pragmatically here.

this was refreshingly easy, only one that gave me pause was girls with robots vs. space stations...in the end I went with girls with robots as that's fucking sexy and could inspire interesting music, plus I figure space stations will keep coming around next year.

I'm sad SPISH lost yet again, I have a soft spot for smoking a pipe inside a space helmet.

I think i'm not IDM enough to either be amused by/find inspiration in smoking a pipe inside a space helmet. elaborate kindly?

*pours one out*

121970main_astronaut_pipesmoke-1.jpg

spish.jpg

Archived