IGNORED

Zomby - Natalia's song

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like something Larry David could use.

Exactly. It's not a good reason. It still is a reason, but well...

Bollocks, it's not a reason at all. No mental illness causes someone to intentionally miscredit a piece of music as their own when at best it's a collaboration, at worst it's a completely stolen track.

I meant it like that: Being a cunt can also be called having a narcissistic disorder :emotawesomepm9:

ahh fair enough.

I'm definitely going to use this excuse then

Bollocks, it's not a reason at all. No mental illness causes someone to intentionally miscredit a piece of music as their own when at best it's a collaboration, at worst it's a completely stolen track.

Narcissistic personality disorder for example can have quite serious effects including severe self-delusion (the mind will believe it's own lies to avoid cognitive dissonance - and the pain that would bring). Personally i like the guy, he can be quite charming. He certainly knows his music and is a big aphex fan.

Plus I really like his music. It's got a lot of feeling and soul.

Narcissistic personality disorder for example can have quite serious effects including severe self-delusion (the mind will believe it's own lies to avoid cognitive dissonance - and the pain that would bring). Personally i like the guy, he can be quite charming. He certainly knows his music and is a big aphex fan.

Plus I really like his music. It's got a lot of feeling and soul.

It's ok, I'm only being a cunt because I have a mental illness. :cisfor:

On a non trolling note, I don't understand why he would continue denying this whole situation when Reark has the original source Reason file(s) and has been verified by 4AD. if anything, his continued denial makes it all look worse. He could do with reassessing his technique on damage control, to be fair.

I think he's just smoked so much fucking weed over the years that he's fried whatever moral nerves he had left in his brain. What we're left with is a completely amoral, narcissistic husk, who contradicts himself over and over on twitter and probably can't even remember stealing it the track in the first place. It's quite amusing to watch him have a meltdown, but the fact remains he stole another artists work and claimed it was his own.

"I wrote this for Burial" pretty much says it all. The guy isn't all there.

People listen to stuff like this? This is boring as shit. It reminds me of those pre-programmed little jigs on Casio keyboard.

That's how I feel about most of his work (except Natalia's song, lol). It's a bunch of unfinished ideas I could lay down in about 15 minutes a piece, heavily repetitive and bland.

I like Zomby's tracks. I don't care if he is a cunt tbh, I make my own opinions of people once I meet them. I reguarly make a cunt out of myself from time to time on message boards, it doesn't reflect the majority of my personality. Natalie's song is pretty average but sounds good on the album.

That's all from me.

Natalia's song is pretty much the only zomby song I really like, and listening to the sample he completely ripped it off - I wouldn't even call it a collaboration. He also seems to be in the process of having a mental breakdown, denying everything, kinda half entertaining and half sad.

I wonder if 4ad are having second thoughts about getting these new producers on board. Between this and the Joker album selling roughly 3 copies, I bet they're yearning for the good old days. I bet they never got this nonsense from the cocteau twins.

Guest analogue wings

Between this and the Joker album selling roughly 3 copies,

Well they paid for a Joker album and he gave them a Nero album. If 4AD had anything to do with the change in direction, then yes they are definitely in the wrong game.

wait i heard a rumor that Mike P used mental illness as an umbrella excuse for everything Zomby has done, is it in this thread??!?!?!

nevermind caught up i forgot Bambi was him, and of course he (mike p) was around in 92 and is very well versed in hardcore so i feel like an idiot for asking such a question to someone who is 40 years old and runs an electronic record label but, but i still find it hard to believe that somehow Zomby intentionally tapped these memories or era of 92' rave. I still very much think it was an accident, especially if Zomby , who is younger than i am, and im even too young to have appreciated hardcore in 92 somehow made it sound more authentic.

I think he's just smoked so much fucking weed over the years that he's fried whatever moral nerves he had left in his brain. What we're left with is a completely amoral, narcissistic husk, who contradicts himself over and over on twitter and probably can't even remember stealing it the track in the first place. It's quite amusing to watch him have a meltdown, but the fact remains he stole another artists work and claimed it was his own.

"I wrote this for Burial" pretty much says it all. The guy isn't all there.

thanks for this post.

Guest analogue wings

Narcissistic personality disorder

fucking lol. diagnosable or not, it just means he's a huge cunt, and that is the bottom line.

I love that nobody is responsible for their own behaviour anymore

was: fucking little shit now: ADHD

was: mouth-breathing dweeb now: "mild Asperger's"

was: sleazebag now: sex addict

was: cunt now: narcissistic personality disorder

People listen to stuff like this? This is boring as shit. It reminds me of those pre-programmed little jigs on Casio keyboard.

apparently you missed the memo

It was mostly a reflection back on the first page or two of this thread when people weren't calling Zomby a shithead for stealing. Maybe that's because it was just Natalia's Song, which sounds just as boring+vocals.

Lol, I just remembered Bambi was Mike with your posts. I have to say, I like that Glowstyx track a lot more than the Zomby one.

I like Zomby's tracks. I don't care if he is a cunt tbh, I make my own opinions of people once I meet them. I reguarly make a cunt out of myself from time to time on message boards, it doesn't reflect the majority of my personality. Natalie's song is pretty average but sounds good on the album.

That's all from me.

I think it's a matter of conducting yourself as a popular, media-grabbing artist signed to an historically relevant label which imposes a level of—not necessarily humility, but consideration when standing on your twitter soapbox.

Good on you for not assuming the worst—I can imagine how some people are professionally incompetent, but personally amicable. But I suppose that as a musician, have a bit of trouble separating the two, as his label admitted the other producer's effort while Zomby still hasn't seemed to own up.

wait i heard a rumor that Mike P used mental illness as an umbrella excuse for everything Zomby has done, is it in this thread??!?!?!

nevermind caught up i forgot Bambi was him

aNGSU.gif

keep up the good work, mike p

EDIT 2: OMG GUYS I AGREED WITH MIKE P BEFORE I KNEW IT WAS MIKE P

aNGSU.gifaNGSU.gifaNGSU.gifaNGSU.gifaNGSU.gifaNGSU.gif

(sorry, i am inhebriated)

Hah, I've read all 5 pages of this, being neither a Zomby or Glowstyx fan, and I am thoroughly amused.

Also, at Mike P - mega respect for your experienced opinion, but I've gotta call a spade a spade: Mental illness is certainly no joke, but neither is stealing someone's music and saying you wrote it.

The thing I'm most amazed about is the lack of any guilt at all on Zomby's part, and how many of his fans have drank the Zomby Kool Aid and are defending his theft.

Like many people here have already said - accidents, misinformation, mental illness all happen but nothing truly justifies what Zomby did.

photo-1576.jpg

"Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules?"

Archived