IGNORED

Zomby - Natalia's song

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It reaches past taking musical ideas as well. Look up Glowstyx "Class of 1992". Something suspicious going on there.

Is there a track in particular? I don't have time right now to go through that album and compare right now.

its not the tracks specifically but the album concept even down the name and the album cover art (skull imagery with the phrase '92' prominent)

the glowstyx album to my knowledge was the first overt tribute/homage to mid period old hardcore music. the Glowstyx one is far more accomplished production wise, it sounds pretty close to early Prodigy or Acen. Apparently some people prefer Zomby's because it feels 'more authentic' to what they remember about hardcore being a lot more stripped down and having far less layers than Prodigy's early stuff. My response to that is that laziness can be confused for intention, and i think the Zomby album coincidentally may sound like that to people but you can tell he put far less work into it. I very strongly believe that Zomby is not trying to reference 'more authentic' early hardcore music than the Prodigy , i think it was totally accidental if that's even the case at all.

R-1151909-1262538542.jpeg

Zomby_-_Where_were_u.jpg

if you think it's just a coincidence that both bands used a skull logo, put the phrase 92 in the title and are both overt tributes to old hardcore music... i just don't know what to say in response to it. sorry

so in short, no he didn't steal any direct songs off this album, but he did ride it's coattails to make a name for himself and never paid credit where credit was due. Seems like the guy has been riding on other people's ideas and creations for a while now, this news about an outright Reason session steal does not surprise me at all.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Uhh... What is the hype about this song? Besides the story of the steal, this song is completely forgetable... If someone posted Natalia's Song in YLC I would not post a comment, I would be like ah that was alright and move thinking surely posted a more interesting demo song here in the last few days...

Uhh... What is the hype about this song? Besides the story of the steal, this song is completely forgetable... If someone posted Natalia's Song in YLC I would not post a comment, I would be like ah that was alright and move thinking surely posted a more interesting demo song here in the last few days...

This.

BIG DRAMA for one collab that was pretty meh

:cerious:

Guest rex sole

Thanks for bringing my attention to the Glowstyx album, it was just what I was hoping 'Where Were U in 92' would be and wasn't!

Guest nene multiple assgasms

its not the tracks specifically but the album concept even down the name and the album cover art (skull imagery with the phrase '92' prominent)

the glowstyx album to my knowledge was the first overt tribute/homage to mid period old hardcore music. the Glowstyx one is far more accomplished production wise, it sounds pretty close to early Prodigy or Acen. Apparently some people prefer Zomby's because it feels 'more authentic' to what they remember about hardcore being a lot more stripped down and having far less layers than Prodigy's early stuff. My response to that is that laziness can be confused for intention, and i think the Zomby album coincidentally may sound like that to people but you can tell he put far less work into it. I very strongly believe that Zomby is not trying to reference 'more authentic' early hardcore music than the Prodigy , i think it was totally accidental if that's even the case at all.

R-1151909-1262538542.jpeg

Zomby_-_Where_were_u.jpg

if you think it's just a coincidence that both bands used a skull logo, put the phrase 92 in the title and are both overt tributes to old hardcore music... i just don't know what to say in response to it. sorry

so in short, no he didn't steal any direct songs off this album, but he did ride it's coattails to make a name for himself and never paid credit where credit was due. Seems like the guy has been riding on other people's ideas and creations for a while now, this news about an outright Reason session steal does not surprise me at all.

what a weird dick move. all he had to do was include something like "concept inspired by the glowstyx album class of 1992" in the liner notes and that would have been enough. plus what kind of producer doesn't want to give credit to collaborators? I still like his production style, but he needs to watch the ride prikface.

It reaches past taking musical ideas as well. Look up Glowstyx "Class of 1992". Something suspicious going on there.

this, and i've seen people in this forum defend it too as if it's not an outright stealing. Maybe because his version is more 'authentic UK' than Bongra's ? either way take your head out of your UK hardcore nostalgia ass and recognize this dude ripped it off.

I remember you specifically recalling this release, which I then downloaded and listened to. Definitely the same style—as far as outright songwriting theft, doesn't seem like quite as strong a case, but goddamn if it's not another nail in the coffin.

Always thought Zomby was a tool but this is ridiculous. Flat out robbery. I hope Reark gets paid.

yes.

he steals some alright tunes though

LOL

But.. but, Zomby's 92 album is about 100 times better than Glowstyx' one. Glowstyx sounds like a horrible inauthentic twee parody of the times where Zomby's sounds like he was there, i.e. that he understands rave. It just so happens that Zomby ripped off most of the rave tracks on his album too, but it's still better. Objectively.

Guest MortstoX

I give you E-State 92 with his brilliant "I Can't Believe It's Not '92!" Definately a overt tribute to mid period old hardcore music, and better than Zomby.

http://www.discogs.c...release/1029633

Edit: Released before Glowstyx btw.

Yes, so mine arrived the other day. Its a nice package execpt you have to RIP the outside of the sleeve to open it.

I guess it was worth the 9 quids. I hope you enjoy the 4-minute song with a damaged sleeve. cool.gif

I haz a sad from reading this now :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTvY3wZrHrQ

:cisfor: Timbaland and Zomby should collaborate.

[youtubehd]f4vItkoMv2Y[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]zcglDzT-HlQ[/youtubehd]

Brutal. Especially since the Micron is such a bitch to program.

This is called sampling, right? :emotawesomepm9::duckhunt:

lol

Wouldn't work. There'd be nothing to rip off.

Maybe he's so smoked out the whole time that he actually doesn't remember he's stealing all this shit.

hahahaha yeah that's actually not a bad theory imo

Wouldn't work. There'd be nothing to rip off.

LOL yes I realized that too about 5 minutes after I wrote that.

The problem with this kind of "sampling" is that there's not much finesse involved. See: Puff Daddy.

Most good hip hop producers have a sense of pride about sampling and talk about how someone "flipped" a sample, implying that there's a certain amount of effort in effectively listening closely to a piece of music, selecting a section of it, slicing up that section, and arranging those slices in such a way that they work well with other elements of a track. There's no pride and no new flavor with this kind of boneheaded shit.

Archived