IGNORED

BECK - Odelay

YEK

it's great, but i prefer midnite vultures. perfect early prince impersonation. in fact imma listen to it RIGHT NOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_7foC40SP4

what a fucking track. hey baby... step into my hyundaiiiiii

i do really love odelay but this song is probably one of my favorite tracks of all time. can't beat it.

agreed, and that live version... god damn.

Guest MrSparkle666

it's great, but i prefer midnite vultures. perfect early prince impersonation. in fact imma listen to it RIGHT NOW.

Holy Shit! I've always loved Beck, but this takes things to a whole 'nother level. Sick, amazing talent.

A friend was trying to tell me the other night that beck's basically disowned midnite vultures and won't play any tracks off it live anymore...

I haven't been to a beck show recently so I can't confirm or deny. Would be a damn shame though.

Holy Shit! I've always loved Beck, but this takes things to a whole 'nother level. Sick, amazing talent.

you should check out this obscure artist called prince, especially his first couple of albums :duckhunt:

edit: lol, that was a little harsh, but some of the stuff on midnite vultures is basically a pretty much perfect homage to prince up until 'controversy'.

I loved this, but always forget about it. I think I only have Odelay and a more recent one... The Information maybe? is that even an album title? I could easily google this, but y'know

yea the information is my fav of his.

i think.

anyway, i love how a new beck thread comes up every few months.

in before scientology debate.

+1 to everything in this thread... and man, midnite vultures is so good. no idea how i managed to ignore it for all these years.

edit: Mutations is probably my favorite beck album. "Nobody's Fault But My Own" has been helping me focus for a long time now... the chorus has such a memorable melody that it sticks in my head for days after I hear it.

My ears recoiled in horror when I heard Midnite Vultures, Christ I thought it was total garbage. I think I used the cd as a shuriken/frisbee/beer mat for a few years.

The cd never recovered from this treatment, and died a death a long time ago. I wonder what it sounds like all these years later? And wether I would like it now?

Youtube? C'mere!

Great album indeed. I think someone stole my CD because all I have is an empty jewel case. Novacane ftw

It's probably flipped upside down, on top of another disc, in yet another case.

Oh yeah and odelay > mellow gold. One brings the dance.

You can in no way compare this to prince. Shame on you and the thought processes that bamboozled you into thinking that stock studio musician made muck could compare to the soaring genius that was early prince.

Prince is the ultimate. Shame he is so crazy about online content. There were some amazing rehearsal vids of him from the 80's circa kiss. They had a green night vision look. Amazing stuff. He had it taken down.

Yeah, he really doesn't get it. funny given that he started out marketing himself as some sort of one man youth rebellion. But you can understand in part, why he's so precious about keeping control of his IP. After that record label thingoe.

man, i totally have a beck - live at roskilde 1997 bootleg vhs tape laying around somewhere. fucking amazing. shame there isn't really footage of the tv broadcast of the concert online anywhere.

• 2 months later...

Archived