IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

FWP.1: I have done absolutely no studying for this physics final I have to take in about 5 hours. I'm now treating this as an experiment in grading. Will I get what I deserve? Will I fail the course? Do I even care? The answers to these questions and more is No. My GPA will be wounded though, and that's that.

FWP.2: My GPA is experiencing anticipatory pain, like when you know you're just about to get punched in the face.

Guest Frankie5fingers

FWP.2: My GPA is experiencing anticipatory pain, like when you know you're just about to get punched in the face.

i kinda have the same situation. i was riding high for the last 2 years. but this semester was pretty bad. i kinda just, gave up. which isnt like me at all. but it wasnt like i was in a situation where i just said fuck it. i just didnt have any urge to participate. i would sit in my classes and everything would go in one ear and out the other.

I've already fought some Enclave but they were too far away for me to get any of their shit :( I haven't done any side quests in Rivet City yet. Wasn't aware of any.

Yeah the Xuanlong is my main axe lately. I have no fucking clue where I got it but it rules. Maybe it was the museum of technology.

I've already fought some Enclave but they were too far away for me to get any of their shit :( I haven't done any side quests in Rivet City yet. Wasn't aware of any.

Yeah the Xuanlong is my main axe lately. I have no fucking clue where I got it but it rules. Maybe it was the museum of technology.

In the lab where you find Dr. Li, there's an old dude with glasses named Dr. Zimmer (think that's his name). He's kind of a douche, but if you talk to him, he'll give you the quest you'll need to complete to get A3-21's gun. You'll have to take the alternative solution in the quest to get it though, instead of the one Zimmer requests.

Ohhh, that guy. I talked to the slave freeing people and gave him the dead robot part so I think he disappeared. Oops.

Try going back to Megaton and asking Moira and Doc Church about the android. Doc Church is a real dick, BTW. Then find Pinkerton and ask him about it. He's in the broken-off part of the ship in Rivet City, so your best bet is to swim underneath it and enter thru the hatch at the bottom. Keep an eye on your Rads and O2 level though. And once you're in, watch out for traps and Mirelurks.

Edited by ambermonk

My dog is staring me down for 10-15 minutes in a row, everyday. His face is super aaaaw, but it's getting kinda creepy.

My cat keeps doing that too, and cats are supposed to hate eye contact.

I'm pretty sure that's bogus due to it being contrary to the behavior of every cat I've ever known. When you gaze long into the cat the cat also stares back into you.
FWP: these quote boxes keep appearing around my text while I'm trying to respond to another poster's quote and it's bullshit.

i kinda have the same situation. i was riding high for the last 2 years. but this semester was pretty bad. i kinda just, gave up. which isnt like me at all. but it wasnt like i was in a situation where i just said fuck it. i just didnt have any urge to participate. i would sit in my classes and everything would go in one ear and out the other.

Yeah, that's what I did (with this course - the other two were super interesting (statistics and materials science)).

But that shit is OVER, and the test wasn't actually too bad. Especially for doing no studying whatsoever (wtf was I thinking?).

Now if you'll excuse me, I'ma go holler outside for a bit.

6am this morning woke up to the boiler pissing out water everywhere, had to mop up kitchen floor, bleed the radiators and fiddle about with this tiny little awkwardly-placed lever in aformentioned boiler - all whilst just wearing my boxer shorts. then i got to go to work.

work actually wasn't too bad. quite enjoyed it today in fact.

head home around 5ish (in a reasonably good mood by this point) and am happily trundling my way home on the district line when we're all rudely booted off at putney bridge with no explanation apart from "problems in the wimbledon area". ended up on a very crowded number 93 bus and eventually got off not too far from home, feeling slightly dejected but only about 20 minutes off schedule.

i am meant to be meeting my girlfriend (who is bringing the car) near the station so we can go pick up the rather alarming amount of missed deliveries we have had in the past week. i've already let her know i'm going to be a bit late, so call to get her to come get me and find out that the car won't start. totally dead.

so i'm fucking walking home thinking i've really got to get some weed because i'm about to kill some fucker, but i need the car to go get it. ok, i can also walk down to south wimbledon, get on the northern line and do that instead but i'm not sure i can handle it. i decide to go home and fix the car (i've convinced myself at this point that my girlfriend is just being useless and the car will start 1st time for me), then drive over and pick up some green.

i walk through my front door in a purposeful mood, change out of my suit and head down to the car. doesn't start. i diagnose the car with a starter-motor problem due to the cold even though i haven't opened the bonnet. i'm convinced it's nothing to do with the battery - it's pretty new [the battery], car has been regularly used and serviced recently. what i need is a big bit of wood to hit the starter-motor with (sticky starter-motor - ask abusivegeorge, he'll tell you). my girfriend suggests my baseball bat which is perfect but slightly annoying as i didn't think of that. anyway, i open the bonnet, hit what i hope is the starter-motor for a bit with absolutely no result, then claim i have the wrong-shaped bit of wood. i decide to try bump-starting the car - easy peasy. you would think. i've only got a nissan micra, probably only weighs about as much as a large seal or two. i can push, my girfriend can steer and pop the clutch. she assured me she understood the mechanics of bump-starting a car. i mentioned not having to turn the key, just turn the ignition on, pop the clutch etc - didnt want to be patronising and assume she didn't understand, so did not explain in detail. she said she knew how to do it. i start to push the car which turns out to be incredibly difficult with the handbrake engaged. i calmly request she takes the handbrake off whilst wondering if this is such a good idea, and after much huffing and puffing manage to get the car positioned towards the slight decline leading out of our car-park. this is it - pretty much got one shot at it - after the decline leading out of the car-park, there is a slight rise which we will get stuck in if the car fails to start - i am hopeful that the momentum of the car, plus the bump and jolt forward when she dumps the clutch will be enough to get up the slight rise, but concerned about the large van approximately 20 yards in front of where we're pointing. i again ask if she knows what she's doing: "got it in 2nd?" - "yep!", "ignition on? clutch in?" - "yep, all good!" ok, so i push - it's hard going. the ground is icy - i can't get good purchase and need good purchase to gain speed. i don't give up, give it everything and get onto the decline - it's working, the car starts to roll forward and pick up speed.... "now!" i shout.

nothing.

"NOW!"

nothing.

"what are you doing??"

"i'm turning it! i'm turning it!"

turning it? it think...fucking TURNING IT??

"turning what?"

"the key!!"

so things got a bit ugly after that and the car was stuck in the dip blocking the entrace to the resident's car park. she called her mum. this eventually led to finding out we were covered by green flag breakdown service. a reticent black man in a large truck arrived after about an hour and had the car started within 5 minutes. turns out it was a flat battery.

on the plus side he recommended taking the car for a spin to help recharge the battery, so i went and purchased some goblin.

currently drinking port and am now in a good mood again unfortunately it's like past midnight and i should be in bed but i can't because i'm all wired from the earlier stress. i'm hoping another joint and large glass of ruby port will knock me out.

Edited by BCM

Two days ago I heard someone say, without any irony and in all fucking seriousness: "oh Prodigy, that's the dubstep of the 90's"

And it still bothers the living fuck out of me

Good...god. :facepalm:

the fact that you haven't even acknowledged my incredible story enrages me

I read it. Glad you were able to get the car moving again. Low car batteries seem to be commonplace where I live, especially in winter.

^

edit: new snares album?

sounds like a stressful day.

wheres the new snares album? =/

edit:... well done.

Edited by StephenG

I read it. Glad you were able to get the car moving again. Low car batteries seem to be commonplace where I live, especially in winter.

are you steve "interesting" davis in real life?

My cat's dick is so small neither myself nor my girlfriend can be certain it's even there.

...look, he flops over on his back alot, and after a while you can't help but wonder "where the fuck is it." This is a reasonable concern.