IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

puss puss.

I've been suffering terribly from losing my phone. 8 months of skits/notes on a couple of book ideas/guitar jams/all my photos, so many fucking photos. It's like losing a member of, well not really but you know. remorse.

spose now you could ask me who's the puss puss eh squee. heh. ;;--]]

I tend to crush the mobile ones, whilst they're still young if they enter the house so there are no surprises down the track. The ones in webs i'm cool with though, excepting red backs, which we've been lucky with at this house and not seen any yet. Apparently the daddy long legs eat them, so i keep a few around, leave them alone to do their good works.

So, basically, I want to have my own website for personal purposes. I already know HTML and shit, and blah, but no fucking idea of which server/service is the adequate for me. I would only like a service where I could have my own domain and let me edit the page entirely from zero (not using shitty already designed ones).

Get a tumblr. Buy a domain. The end.

That's exactly what I dont want. I want it to be... 100% personal :p (well, except for the server, of course)

I use fatcow.com and filezilla, works well enough

I guess http://www.sharptoothrex.com/ is your page hosted. Yeah, I'm looking something like that. Thanks, gonna check it out.

Get a tumblr. Buy a domain. The end.

That's exactly what I dont want. I want it to be... 100% personal :p (well, except for the server, of course)

I use fatcow.com and filezilla, works well enough

I guess http://www.sharptoothrex.com/ is your page hosted. Yeah, I'm looking something like that. Thanks, gonna check it out.

create the code in wordpress, move to tumblr. hey presto.

Don't get a sony xperia z1. It is my new phone and of all the problems i have with it, the speaker and mic are the most grating. The audio quality and peak volume level from the speaker are shockingly pathetic, coming from a galaxy s2 it's another universe of bad in comparison to a phone now a few years old. what the fuck. And then you use the mic and for christ's sake, i tried to record some guitar (using the pathetic recording ap, which it won't let me put on the desktop(there might be a way but i haven't figured it out yet)) and it missed most of the frequency ranges. Recording is a main phone feature for me, so this whole thing omG.

i'm already in emotional distress from all the shit i lost on my old phone and so i front a bundle of money for something that has been reviewed well, only to be royally fucked up the arse by the fates again. heh. bloody hell. /depressed and wanting to smash the phone into the side of the coffee table.

downloaded a flashlight ap and the brightness is soo low, hardly any light at all !! Downloaded another one, how can they call this a flash. Sticking with samsung from now on, will try to offload this junk on ebay when i can afford a new ph. -sie-

An angry young metalhead looked me in the eye as he passed me on the street and yelled "you're all SOULless FUCKing LOSers! What the HELL?!?!" And then proceeded to kick over a sandwich board. I felt like I was in Norway.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

We're doing a petty small wedding in March. Tiny guest list. We had hoped people would say yes or no quickly so that we could invite more people as space cleared up (or not, if all the initial invitees were going!). Destination wedding because it was cheaper for us and we are paying for all of it, but obviously that also means we totally understand if people can't come.

Anyway, Saturday is the deadline for booking rooms at the rate we negotiated, and the last day anyone is guaranteed a room.

About 90% of the initial list never officially RSVPd a confirmation (but gave bs responses like "we'll try!" 6 months ago). Probably because we couldn't afford fancy stationary and did this all via personal invitation, phone calls, and repeated extremely detailed e-mails instead.

Fuck everyone.

Edited by baph

I feel like I'd rather be personally invited, than receive an essentially copy/pasted invite in the mail.

I have extraordinary gas, problably because I got my lunch off a truck that stops by my workplace around lunchtime and serves delicious shitty greasy sandwiches.

We're doing a petty small wedding in March. Tiny guest list. We had hoped people would say yes or no quickly so that we could invite more people as space cleared up (or not, if all the initial invitees were going!). Destination wedding because it was cheaper for us and we are paying for all of it, but obviously that also means we totally understand if people can't come. Anyway, Saturday is the deadline for booking rooms at the rate we negotiated, and the last day anyone is guaranteed a room. About 90% of the initial list never officially RSVPd a confirmation (but gave bs responses like "we'll try!" 6 months ago). Probably because we couldn't afford fancy stationary and did this all via personal invitation, phone calls, and repeated extremely detailed e-mails instead. Fuck everyone.

That's the spirit!

Not feeling so moany about my ph now. Still has those problems but i can deal. The camera software has a reasonable manual mode which lets you adjust iso which fixes it up a lil. It's more power efficient too than my last phone. I'm going to have to buy a mic for it, that will have to be done, sony have discontinued their nice stereo mic though that just jacked into the headphone port and replaced it with one that has a cable, or you can get a mono mic which jacks straight in that only goes up to 10k hertz instead of 15. Problem with thin cables for anything is that they end up getting broken, spose if you were at a concert you could then hang it out the top of your shirt for incognito recording, or something.

hrmm, ramble cause i can't sleep, had only like 4 hours today. -sie- shiftwork fwp.

Guest disparaissant
Not feeling so moany about my ph now. Still has those problems but i can deal. The camera software has a reasonable manual mode which lets you adjust iso which fixes it up a lil. It's more power efficient too than my last phone. I'm going to have to buy a mic for it, that will have to be done, sony have discontinued their nice stereo mic though that just jacked into the headphone port and replaced it with one that has a cable, or you can get a mono mic which jacks straight in that only goes up to 10k hertz instead of 15. Problem with thin cables for anything is that they end up getting broken, spose if you were at a concert you could then hang it out the top of your shirt for incognito recording, or something.

hrmm, ramble cause i can't sleep, had only like 4 hours today. -sie- shiftwork fwp.

When I got my phone, it had a two week no-questions-asked return policy. For exactly this reason. I'd look into it, were I you.

Guest disparaissant

i got an iphone because i am awesome and/or a sheep

got a 5 right before the 5c/5s came out because i don't care about the 5s and i didn't want a stupid lime green phone.

Edited by disparaissant

Played a warehouse party gig lastnight in my new industrial metal band. Police turned up halfway through our first song and we had to turn down to almost inaudible levels for 15mins. Maybe this is an achievement though?

ate a bunch of candy today (see art thread). one hour ago i had a bit more and it pushed me over the edge. felt really sick and bad feeling. felt like my heart was going to explode, i know it wasn't, but shit... total fwp (too much food) is candy a food? not a nutritious one .