• Last Reply

Really not sure about this release.

I think I should of saved my money.

why did you buy it if you didn't like it? :facepalm:

LOL at the values of people these days.

I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but I remember when I was young and I bought an album by a band I liked not knowing what the songs were and being delighted/disappointed by the contents. The good ol days etc.

because it's fucking Gescom and they haven't put out a shitty release until, apparently, just now. they had been a solid, reliable brand for 17 years.

I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but I remember when I was young and I bought an album by a band I liked not knowing what the songs were and being delighted/disappointed by the contents. The good ol days etc.

kids these days, eh? I'm probably older (28) than you. and I've spent thousands of dollars on CDs and records, mostly sight unseen/sound unheard, and there's a good chunk of shit that in retrospect I would rather not have purchased. at this point I would just rather save my money for good records, especially if it means supporting local business.

anyway, I'm still going to give it a chance but that Seventh Ass Douche track is so horrible that I have very low expectations at this point.

because it's fucking Gescom and they haven't put out a shitty release until, apparently, just now. they had been a solid, reliable brand for 17 years.

kids these days, eh? I'm probably older (28) than you. and I've spent thousands of dollars on CDs and records, mostly sight unseen/sound unheard, and there's a good chunk of shit that in retrospect I would rather not have purchased. at this point I would just rather save my money for good records, especially if it means supporting local business.

anyway, I'm still going to give it a chance but that Seventh Ass Douche track is so horrible that I have very low expectations at this point.

but this isn't a shitty release!! lol. your ears must be shit. ;)

just 'fyi', i'm in my 30's now. but not a Dad, yet, tf.

edit: in ye good olde days you couldn't always check something out first before you bought it, unless 1 of your mates had it or you heard it on the radio or in a mix, etc.

so you went on instinct/gut/past releases/recommendations, etc.

but these days you can check most things out before you buy. so there's no excuses really for buying something you think is shit and then complaining about having bought it, imho.

The great thing with a Gescom release is that I never have any idea what'll sound like. I mean Keynell vs. Minidisc vs. ISS:SA are pretty much worlds apart (A1-D1 was somewhat a continuation of the style of ISS:SA though).

but this isn't a shitty release!! lol. your ears must be shit. ;)

Maybe so :P I haven't listened the whole thing yet, just that one horrible track and part of another. And maybe that first track will grow on me. "Snackwitch" probably sounded pretty dumb the first time I heard it.

just 'fyi', i'm in my 30's now. but not a Dad, yet, tf.

I didn't mean to pull rank, it's so dumb to do so regardless and age is probably the most boneheaded way to do it. I just take exception to being the target of "kids these days"-type comments.

edit: in ye good olde days you couldn't always check something out first before you bought it, unless 1 of your mates had it or you heard it on the radio or in a mix, etc.

so you went on instinct/gut/past releases/recommendations, etc.

but these days you can check most things out before you buy. so there's no excuses really for buying something you think is shit and then complaining about having bought it, imho.

Like beerwolf I preordered it before hearing it, because it was Gescom, and Gescom has never been shit. I'm hoping this hasn't changed.

The great thing with a Gescom release is that I never have any idea what'll sound like. I mean Keynell vs. Minidisc vs. ISS:SA are pretty much worlds apart (A1-D1 was somewhat a continuation of the style of ISS:SA though).

Yup, and I've loved all of it (although I disagree about A1-D1 continuing ISS:SA, the latter felt like Oizo-esque advanced cut-ups where ISS:SA was a lot more synthetic and sort of lo-fi) which is why I'm so unpleasantly surprised at what I'm hearing.

But I love arguing.

No you don't.

I see what you did there

No you didn't

(*titter*)

if(user('mcbpete').newPosts(aeSubForum.thread(67679)).count > 0){

foreach(user('mcbpete').newPosts(aeSubForum.thread(67679)) as post){

post.reply("I see what you did there");

}

}

But I love arguing.

Yeah I noticed. Don't let me stop you lol. You and Sirch battle it out!!! :shuriken:

Sirch should know better he's in his 30's.

:wink:

haha. but only buy a few years! there's people older than me on this board who're much more immature.

anyway, as i get older i'm sure i'll feel the want/need to argue more, as i become more like one of those angry old farts on that tv program, 'grumpy old men', or what ever it's called.

quite looking forward to it!

but for tonight, i really can't be arsed. :)

:beer:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RandySicko

I listened to the songs again and I have to say that this release sounds utterly terrible to me. V Take Fastroll is tolerable ..but the rest are repetitive, corny hip hop beats with cheesy effects added in over the songs to break them up now and then. Quite boring actually. And even though the music I listen to isn't geared towards pleasing the ears of strangers, I would actually be embarrassed playing this stuff in front of other people.

I don't mind if other bands evolve with the times .. but Gescom is the only group I want staying Gescom.

which to my ears, is still:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11JuzgWxvC8

so Gescom to you is a track that was remixed by someone else?

ok.

http://www.discogs.com/search?q=pharoid&btn=&type=all

http://www.discogs.com/search?q=time+chamber&btn=&type=all

Judging by this and the fact that Gescom is supposed to be an "umbrella project", I doubt that this track involved anyone from outside.

Archived