IGNORED

New Gescom release?

zlemflolia

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally listened to this today. I actually like this quite a bit so far. Sounds like Rob going solo with an MPC (and maybe the RZ-1?) and a stack of vinyl. Made me want to fire up mine, anyway. Feels like a sort of loose homage to their 80s hip-hop influences.

It reminds me a lot of Rob's mix tapes from years ago that are floating around the internet (Shit, is there anything funkier than the very first track from that? god damn it makes me flip out every time) . I like it a lot, when I'm in the mood, but that comes at the cost of it not being a very timeless or memorable release

This Isn't one of the best Gescom release but it aint bad either. But man! Why is the last track so short? Its like turning it on, go to bathroom take a piss, come out and hear nothing!

This Isn't one of the best Gescom release but it aint bad either. But man! Why is the last track so short? Its like turning it on, go to bathroom take a piss, come out and hear nothing!

Yeah, that's too bad! Especially since it sounds like it has interesting places to go. Almost as though he/they were inviting you to do your own extended edit of it and stretch it out :)

• 4 weeks later...

not officially

vinyl only is really starting to irk me

As I've already mentioned earlier in the thread, there's only like 2 GESCOM releases that have been officially released in a digital format.

If you don't get why, then you don't get it.

I'm sure you have your sources to get hold of vinyl rips.

i want still to be able to listen to good music after Armageddon, while i'm sat sound round a campfire.

something other than Kumbaya on an acoustic guitar.

sorry if i've interrupted.

i want still to be able to listen to good music after Armageddon, while i'm sat sound round a campfire.

+1

Also, durp. Not to fuel the flames, but whining about no digital releases being available for purchase is like whining that a restaurant doesn't automatically add gratuity to your check.

On what? A hand-cranked gramophone?

Sure. Or a sewing needle and any spindle appropriate for rotating the record on. Add a speaker, a piezo pickup, some kind of amp, and some kind of power source (solar, or a hand-crank generator) and you're in business. It's the survivalist's medium!

no. a vinyl collection and gramaphone would be very hard to carry with you in a post-apocalyptic world. unless you had a car, like Mad Max.

Sure. Or a sewing needle and any spindle appropriate for rotating the record on. Add a speaker, a piezo pickup, some kind of amp, and some kind of power source (solar, or a hand-crank generator) and you're in business. It's the survivalist's medium!

although this sounds like a good idea!

Archived