IGNORED

New Gescom release?

zlemflolia

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible? weird? wut?

you guys are talking like you've never heard anything like this before?? and it's all alien and nasty.

you say this is weird but you enjoy regular Ae? lol

I like it... don't think it's horrid at all.

Sounds like a right speaker blower... would love to hear it blasting in a club reallllly loud! looking round at folk as they think.. what the fuck is this :)

cool tune.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

this is going to be gescom's first juke record

haters oursA87atsf876tr96tfr{{{;''q2477

I love this gescom juke

pretty sure this isnt real.

lol, just look it up on bleep, it's real.

i like what i've heard so far, though i'm having a love/hate relationship with Second Stone Triangle

Guest phaelam

pretty sure this isnt real.

lol, just look it up on bleep, it's real.

i like what i've heard so far, though i'm having a love/hate relationship with Second Stone Triangle

ooooffffff.....thats unfortunate. this is weak sauce at best.

i had only said that cuz it hadn't shown up in the usual spots new albums show up.

and there had been no sound samples on BLEEP to corroborate their legitimacy.

this is really too bad. i wish they were fakes.

one release definitely NOT for the library.

thanks for pointing that out, i was gonna make the pre-order.

saved a couple buckers.

Horrible? weird? wut?

you guys are talking like you've never heard anything like this before?? and it's all alien and nasty.

I don't think "Seventh Ass Douche" sounds weird or alien, it just sounds obnoxious and inflated. It's like it's trying to be some kind of stadium rap, it even has a boneheaded pseudo-hoover synth lead. There's nothing subtle or interesting about it.

The "R Zee Oner Panix" track is better by virtue of not being annoying, but I'm not sure this is up to previous Gescom standards. Is this is the band that brought us "Five", "Mag", "Chunge", "ISS:SA", etc?

Horrible? weird? wut?

I don't think "Seventh Ass Douche" sounds weird or alien, it just sounds obnoxious and inflated. It's like it's trying to be some kind of stadium rap, it even has a boneheaded pseudo-hoover synth lead. There's nothing subtle or interesting about it.

The "R Zee Oner Panix" track is better by virtue of not being annoying, but I'm not sure this is up to previous Gescom standards. Is this is the band that brought us "Five", "Mag", "Chunge", "ISS:SA", etc?

well, 'Gescom' is loads of different people, isn't it... not always the same people/band making every track/release everytime.

Guest phaelam

probably not...as sirch had said, and Ae have been quoted...

"Sean Booth of Autechre describes Gescom as an umbrella project involving 20 or 30 people. However, since most of their releases are anonymous, the exact roster of the project is not widely known."

Yeah, duh, that was a pretty dumb thing to say. That track just doesn't seem to have anything to do with Gescom's track record. It's like they just slapped the name on there for cred.

I haven't listened to the other tracks, though. Maybe the rest of it is awesome. Something tells me it's not.

Anyway I will wait to listen, so as to save my disappointment for when I retrieve the record from my doorstep. Thus I can assuage the temptation otherwise inevitable at that moment to smash it to bits.

Yeah, duh, that was a pretty dumb thing to say. That track just doesn't seem to have anything to do with Gescom's track record. It's like they just slapped the name on there for cred.

I haven't listened to the other tracks, though. Maybe the rest of it is awesome. Something tells me it's not.

Anyway I will wait to listen, so as to save my disappointment for when I retrieve the record from my doorstep. Thus I can assuage the temptation otherwise inevitable at that moment to smash it to bits.

if you do smash it to bits......... please film that and stick it up on youtube. i like to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RandySicko

I know tastes and styles evolve, but I would still love to hear them come out with some more of the dark, G1 sounding type of stuff instead of this. Where are you Darrell??

Guest ruiagnelo

Where are you Darrell??

about to release a record, i hope!

ps: agreed on the desire for more G1 sounding stuff!

Archived