IGNORED

New Gescom release?

zlemflolia

i want still to be able to listen to good music after Armageddon, while i'm sat sound round a campfire.

something other than Kumbaya on an acoustic guitar.

sorry if i've interrupted.

On what? A hand-cranked gramophone?

no. a vinyl collection and gramaphone would be very hard to carry with you in a post-apocalyptic world. unless you had a car, like Mad Max.

the last of the V8s

fucking iconic car

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i want still to be able to listen to good music after Armageddon, while i'm sat sound round a campfire.

something other than Kumbaya on an acoustic guitar.

no. a vinyl collection and gramaphone would be very hard to carry with you in a post-apocalyptic world. unless you had a car, like Mad Max.

well now I'm really confused. What did you mean in the post I quoted?

something other than Chromakey Dreamcoat on an acoustic guitar.

fixed for you, sircho

well now I'm really confused. What did you mean in the post I quoted?

Me too...

• 1 month later...

just got the Skull Snap EP in today. better as a whole than just the samples and such i'd heard before.

but it made me think; maybe 'Autechre' could do a remix of it; as in Keynell and the like. i mean, yeah, supposedly Gescom is now just Autechre anyway, but i'd love to hear some more intricate versions of these tracks.

supposedly Gescom is now just Autechre anyway

definitely not true

ah, well people say things. and who knows what to believe when it comes to information about such things.

in any case, Gescom hasn't had any official remixes in many years. this release could be interesting to hear reinterpreted, particularly by Autechre.

is there no money in the remix business anymore?

definitely not true

hmmm... And there was me thinking the last few releases (going back to ISS:SA) were solo Sean or Rob tracks. No doubt ISS:SA is an Ae track, what with it appearing in that live Coachella live set from 1999.

definitely not true

hmmm... And there was me thinking the last few releases (going back to ISS:SA) were solo Sean or Rob tracks. No doubt ISS:SA is an Ae track, what with it appearing in that live Coachella live set from 1999.

I know one of the guys that did a track on A1-D1

definitely not true

I know one of the guys that did a track on A1-D1

And I bet you won't tell us who

definitely not true

Well I wouldn't say that means anything. That set was billed as a DJ set from the get go. They had a pro CD player there too. This was probably before those big Pioneer CD turntables came out. But anyway Rob Hall was on the sidelines there that night having already done the "Gescom" DJ set from vinyl. I remember he played Paul Hardcastle - Rainforest that afternoon. It was awesome! Every element at that first festival was perfect.

kinda. i don't really see the point of the secrecy.

I like the mystery, why should everything be out in the open and easy, it's the opposite of pop music

definitely not true

Well I wouldn't say that means anything. That set was billed as a DJ set from the get go. They had a pro CD player there too. This was probably before those big Pioneer CD turntables came out. But anyway Rob Hall was on the sidelines there that night having already done the "Gescom" DJ set from vinyl. I remember he played Paul Hardcastle - Rainforest that afternoon. It was awesome! Every element at that first festival was perfect.

I never knew that, kind of makes sense now, what with the tracks sounding so close to their album versions and so different from any other live set. In that case ISS:SA could be by anyone then. hmmm...

Archived