IGNORED

New Gescom release?

zlemflolia

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jbuonacc

didn't know what to expect by reading the comments here, but...

this release is f'ing great. very surprised, much better than i was thinking it might be, based on the reactions so far. funky as all f'ck, this shit is fantastic. i wonder exactly who was involved with the production. interesting to hear the one track that was done with (only?) the Casio RZ-1.

Guest jbuonacc
... can i ask where you heard that information from?

what do you mean? the fourth track, 'r zee oner panix', is most definitely just an RZ-1 (honestly, i didn't even realize the name of the track until just now. i guess that says it all.) most of the track is stock sounds from the machine and the rest was most likely done using the four sample slots available.

i was totally surprised to hear that track originally, and recognized the sounds immediately.

... can i ask where you heard that information from?

what do you mean? the fourth track, 'r zee oner panix', is most definitely just an RZ-1 (honestly, i didn't even realize the name of the track until just now. i guess that says it all.) most of the track is stock sounds from the machine and the rest was most likely done using the four sample slots available.

i was totally surprised to hear that track originally, and recognized the sounds immediately.

oh, good old self-generated human intelligence. the way you said it, i thought there was an outside source, and my hopes got up that there had been an interview or something similar. i'm quite curious as to if we'll ever know who actually was participating on this release.

well, Req and Autechre both (have) own(ed) RZ-1's and have used them before... that's a fact, man.

so, therefore, it must be Req and Ae.. !!!!!

seriously, tho... you really think that whole track was done with just an RZ-1? the sample time is next to nothing!

well, Req and Autechre both (have) own(ed) RZ-1's and have used them before... that's a fact, man.

seriously, tho... you really think that whole track was done with just an RZ-1? the sample time is next to nothing!

could've been modded

could've been modded

modded to take memory cards, somehow... rather than the standard bends/mod's you see on youtube, that would be pretty amazing. i'd like me one of those.

Guest jbuonacc

i don't see why not, i think you have up to one second in each of the four 'slots'(??... it's been years since i've owned one). the other sounds in the track aren't very long at all,

on what release has Autechre used the RZ-1 before?

Yeah IIRC

i don't see why not, i think you have up to one second in each of the four 'slots'(??... it's been years since i've owned one). the other sounds in the track aren't very long at all,

on what release has Autechre used the RZ-1 before?

I haven't owned one, I just used to drool over any and all gear I could google. But IIRC from my research, the sample time is up to one second, and you could either have it condensed into one sample, split into 2 samples of .5 seconds, or 4 of .25 seconds.

Re-listening to this track, I'm actually finding it pretty dope. They probably couldn't have done it with one RZ-1, live anyway. But maybe they could've multitracked it. Some of the samples still seem a bit longer than a second.

Also the track name has a Rob vibe.

Well, seems that actually boomkat cancelled my order because it was waiting over 30 days to process. :facepalm:

What a fucking shambles.

mine was announced that transaction is in process and to be completed

Well, seems that actually boomkat cancelled my order because it was waiting over 30 days to process. :facepalm:

What a fucking shambles.

If you preordered a month ago like me, you should have an email saying its cancelled.

What a fucking shambles.

If you preordered a month ago like me, you should have an email saying its cancelled.

aug-5 isn't a month ago??

Archived