IGNORED

Rustie - Glass Swords

jhonny

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of so-so on the album - UltraThizz and the one with the seinfeld bass didn't grab me at all but All Night and After Light were quite nice.

So definitely not album of the year, but not bad.

Guest analogue wings

OK so i just remembered that Warp like to chuck random extra shit in with vinyl orders, so I went and shook the mailer...

Sure enough there's a CD in there. Clear plastic slipcase. Just says "WARP", but the R in warp is the R from the Rustie logo...

It's just a single 45 minute track. Doesn't sound like Rustie to me... definitely a mix... a sampler mix of current Warp shit? Mixed by Rustie?

Meh. If this is the current Warp roster, it's a pretty good ad for planet mu :sleep:

if you mean that they imitate each-other now i agree, except for that Warp was doing 'wonky' (hate that word) before Mu. The whole foot-work Africa Hitech thing seems totally like their Deep Impact for Mu's Armageddon thogh (Machinedrum's new one)

Guest analogue wings

Meh. If this is the current Warp roster, it's a pretty good ad for planet mu :sleep:

if you mean that they imitate each-other now i agree, except for that Warp was doing 'wonky' (hate that word) before Mu. The whole foot-work Africa Hitech thing seems totally like their Deep Impact for Mu's Armageddon thogh (Machinedrum's new one)

No I mean it makes Mu sound really diverse, modern and exciting, by being none of those. It sounds like a bunch of EKT tracks and the odd mid 2000s indietronica song, punctuated by "oh, thats rustie/hudmo/afrika hitech" every 15 tracks or so

It's a good album overall, specially Ultra Thizz. Reminds me of Hudson Mohawke a lot.

There are some sounds sound pretty bad in my opinion, for example I can't stand the end of Surph.

Guest CraniumXII

Hmmmmm to many sharp annoying sounds... cheesy samples. Not my taste. Was interested cause of the well designed cover, but not for me. It is a bit phallic though, now that someone mentioned it.

Archived